It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel shuts off fuel and food

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
kajinga,

Do you really believe that Hezbollah could have held much longer if IDF would have gotten a green light to bring in more than a few brigades and actually started to use proper indirect (and indiscriminate) fire? Hezbollah boys are good, but won't stand against full attack with all arms. I can't understand why Israel didn't commit enough infantry to support their armor... probably due to arrogance, but be assured Hezbollah would have been forced out if the International community wouldn't have pulled some strigs behind scenes.. Israelis fought half handedly from the begining, for reasons i do not know nor understand.

Oh, and please feel free to comment my solution few posts earlier...

[edit on 21-1-2008 by northwolf]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Israel has belonged to the Jews for thousands of years.

No it hasn't. Pallestine belonged to folks like the Edomites and a number of other tribes and people long before jews ever saw the river Jordan. At least your not one of those zionist nuts who angrily exclaim that their God gave it to them. If I'm not mistaken God told them they couldn't have it as well because they had been naughty.
If Israel belonged to the Jews, why then were there other locations proposed for the Jewish state, places like Madagascar, they even happily called the Americas Israel for a time. Having been expelled from literally every nation in Europe at one point or another, it's no wonder they have trouble identifying a reigonal heritage but the truth of the matter is, most of these 'rightful owners' of Israel aren't even direct descendants of the hebrew teribes. They are converts, primarily of eastern european descent. My question is, aside from the ridiculousness of ownership by divine right, what claim do a people largely of eastern european descent have to lands in Pallestine?
Having perhaps a God in common with them, if we read the talmud, then we can understand the divine right bit I suppose, but having the same god as they do I sure as hell can't understand what's going on in Gaza and the West Bank. Stuff like this just isn't sacntioned by any God I would recognise as a real estate broker.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by twitchy]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just thought of a brilliant move if I do say so myself. Israel should just give the land back to Egypt. They could then wash their hands of it and put the burden on Egypt who originally created the mess when it was under their control.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I just thought of a brilliant move if I do say so myself. Israel should just give the land back to Egypt. They could then wash their hands of it and put the burden on Egypt who originally created the mess when it was under their control.

they tried to give the occupied lands back to their "respective" countries but they wouldn't have them back!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Israel should just give the land back...

Yes they should, ALL of it.
And compensate the people they took it from.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Reply to northwolf

Do you really believe that Hezbollah could have held much longer if IDF would have gotten a green light to bring in more than a few brigades and actually started to use proper indirect (and indiscriminate) fire?

Iran won’t see their brothers going down.Nasrallah would have rediod Ahmadinejad for more anti-tank rockets to fight the invading ‘zionsists’.
Merkava was the sign of Israeli power. But after soo many of them toasted it Broke Israelis ‘We have got the Best Ego..’

Hezbollah boys are good, but won't stand against full attack with all arms. I can't understand why Israel didn't commit enough infantry to support their armor...

Tell you the truth its not about number of arms or how hi-tech they are.The hezbullah boys were very motivated.
Israeli soldiers could never fight as extreme as hezbullah boys did.
You gota be strong in your heart not feel strong with your armour.

probably due to arrogance, but be assured Hezbollah would have been forced out if the International community wouldn't have pulled some strigs behind scenes

Because the international community was stunned at the civilians casualties compare to hezbullah casualties. Israel kept on bombing buildings killing civilians while hezbullah was hammering Israeli army at the borders.

.. Israelis fought half handedly from the begining, for reasons i do not know nor understand.

Tell you the truth, even I thought Israel might be really powerful before the Lebanon war. But after what happened to Israel, I was totally shocked.
To recover 2 soldiers they sacrificed dozens more.
Shame..

Achieved nothing Except boosting the confidence of their Enemies.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Per the news today, Israel has eased on its restrictions on Gaza. Now the question is will the Palestinians also rachet things down or do they just lob more rockets? Im guessing they just fire more rockets.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

yes only the countries israel took the land from won't take it back!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by monkey_descendant

Like the Golan? Syria has asked for it to be returned more than a few times. Egypt has made similar requests and of course Pallestinians would certainly like to have their homeland back. Can you be more specific?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Now the question is will the Palestinians also rachet things down or do they just lob more rockets? Im guessing they just fire more rockets.

Or one of these guys...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Egypt would sooner slaughter the millions of Palestinians then take them back. And I do not mean that lightly, they literally would...

The best move, in my opinion, is more Israel to allow all Palestinians the OPTION to become full Israeli civilians with full rights as Israeli's .....

of course they would have to hope Palestinians will except the more liberal ideologies of Israel, and not a theocracy.. though I would bet my money the Palestinian people would eagerly except such ideologies over poverty and misery.

And note to those blind in ignorance with their support of Palestine and hate towards Jews. This plan that I support would not be a "victory" for Israel.. if anything, it would be for Palestine.. because they would outnumber Jews by a fair majority.. of course, it would be up to them to establish peace, order and keep the liberal ideologies in place...

The again, I only see the suppressed majority acting venomously and violently with suppression of their own.

Who would you support then?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Egypt would sooner slaughter the millions of Palestinians then take them back. And I do not mean that lightly, they literally would...

The best move, in my opinion, is more Israel to allow all Palestinians the OPTION to become full Israeli civilians with full rights as Israeli's .....

Well yes, Egypt would do the Palestinians no good, but it would be out of the hands of the hated Israelis. Actually none of the Arabs countries want that burden, but it is very covenant for them with the burden resting on Israel for it allows them to use the propaganda for their own interest without the need to lift a finger to help the situation.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Brilliant find on that 'Star of David' image

I knew there was more to the sudden and sporadic qassam-launches than was reported in the MSM...goddamn lowlife twofaced IDF scumbags!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

There's alot more photos like that that I didn't post, there's one in particular that shows a bunch of masked Hamas gunmen wearing IDF issued boots and toting m4 carbines. You won't see those on the 6:00 news, or the 11:00 news, or the 5:00 am news, or the morning news, or the 11:00 afternoon news, or the 24/7 news networks, or the news talk shows, or the latenight news related ones either. Wonder why?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I just hope the US doesnt get involved and that we just leave it alone and let them fight there own war over there. I think that would be best for everyone.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Not only that, but if Israel was not occupied with the Palestinians, they may focus their attention on other neighbors.............

Best to let the Palestinians deal with the Israelis..

Or...

Is it, best let the Israelis deal with the Palestinians?

But you are essentially very much correct.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's about time. never trust the words of your enemy. Don't pacify them either.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Reply to Rockpuck

Another excuse for Israelis to keep Palestine

Now that sounds hilarious….
Palestinians want their lands back and you are saying that they should merge it all with Israel and also become Israeli Muslims??
You have made my statement come true where I said ‘Israel doesn’t want Peace it wants to extend according to what the Jewish scripture has stated as their ‘Natural State’.

of course they would have to hope Palestinians will except the more liberal ideologies of Israel, and not a theocracy.. though I would bet my money the Palestinian people would eagerly except such ideologies over poverty and misery.

Eagerly except liberalisation?????

Hahaha you forgot these are Muslims not Christians..
They rather face poverty and misery and eventual death than accept liberal ideologies.

And note to those blind in ignorance with their support of Palestine and hate towards Jews. This plan that I support would not be a "victory" for Israel.. if anything, it would be for Palestine.. because they would outnumber Jews by a fair majority.. of course, it would be up to them to establish peace, order and keep the liberal ideologies in place...

Blind,ignrorance,hate jews?
Like I said before the Holocaust junk should be thankful Not aggressive.
Palestinians rather die than become Muslim Israelis and accept liberal ideologies.

Understand?

The again, I only see the suppressed majority acting venomously and violently with suppression of their own.

Exactly so the only best way is to 'Peace' is just give the Palestinians lands back matey.
Why is it soo hard for the Israelis to give the lands back?

Not only that, but if Israel was not occupied with the Palestinians, they may focus their attention on other neighbors.............

Well if Israel does bother to hit its neighbours, than its very likely Israels existence will be wiped out.

Israel cant even get rid of Hamas and Hezbullah and you are stating that they can fight Iran/Syria with full backing of Russia?

Arab nations have learned from their past '6 Day War' scenario.

And if ISrael does take a stupid step like that, than The future kids will be taught about ‘how the jews became extinct’ instead of the 'holocaust'.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by kangjia57]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
There is ALOT of people who need to understand 1 thing:

when dealing with Israel you MUST seperate POLITICS from RELIGION ;

this is not jew bashing or jew hating or any other rubbish - this is the disgusting crimes against humanity that certain people in Israel government and military are doing.

Threaten to KILL the IAEA inspectors who want to check the leaking reactor at Dimona is just 1 example of the narcissistic nature of the so called leaders of that country - they learnt the lessons of 1939>1945 and are applying them now.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kangjia57

Originally posted by kangjia57

Israel cant even get rid of Hamas and Hezbullah and you are stating that they can fight Iran/Syria with full backing of Russia?

Arab nations have learned from their past '6 Day War' scenario.

Actually, a war with Syria or Iran would be an easier task in many ways. It is easier to attack a country than it is a group of terrorists that hide among the populace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join