It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who aren’t Christian deserve be tortured in hell?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
I see I got censored.

Don't you hate that!?
It's like getting a spanking in front of the whole class.

and am so bored to tears with it all

Most people typically avoid things that bore them so it's natural. For example: Most atheist prefer to just stay out of the religion section or at least certain posts that have more to do with theology instead of conspiracy. Especially atheists that "converted" from a certain religion and are sick of it. Hint, hint.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Most people now in America, and suffice to say probably nearly all (99.999%) of folks using the internet for blogging can read, so they can just as easily pick up their bibles and read them as they can have someone quote the verse and then interpret it for them. I feel clergy came about as a result of a population in the dark ages and during time of Christ, where few were literate, thus they needed someone to tell them what it was...

So then why today do we need agents, particularly online, to read us what's in the bible that most of already know?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

For you and me who know what "it's all about," sure. I'm sure you know Christian doctrine teaches that (true) Christians are still saved even when they sin. The above commenter was apparently so far out in space that they were not aware of this and thought Christians went to Hell. However, we fart, too!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
the only thing you are hinting to me is that your judging me an Aethiest hint hint. I've never claimed to be one. You want to PO someone, judge them and label them and do it all the while under a cross while conveying the attitude of being holier than thou..this is why people move on...not because they are not children of god, but because they grow tired of this mentality hint hint

[edit on 23-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

the only thing you are hinting to me is that your judging me an Aethiest hint hint. I've never claimed to be one. You want to PO someone, judge them and label them and do it all the while under a cross while conveying the attitude of being holier than thou..this is why people move on...not because they are not children of god, but because they grow tired of this mentality hint hint

Ah, my apologies. I thought from your posts on the "Antichristian Conspiracy" and "Jehovah is Evil" threads, not to mention your "Regulation of Religion" thread that basically stated religious beliefs make people idiots, that you were an atheist. Didn't mean to offend you as I admit being labeled an atheist is the worst insult one can bear (joke).

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I find that kind of like a racist or gay joke, not very funny. The crime isn't in the label itself, it's in making the, perhaps, erroneous stereotype and then applying it to someone. Not very tasteful, and certainly not very funny. But then we obviously don't share the same world view.

In terms of the thread: People Christian or not, do not deserve eternal hell, (whatever that sadistic or masochistic figment of the imagination is) and the life after life or near death experience evidence (read Ramond Moody's work, and years upon years of editions of the Journal of Near Death Studies) isn't showing this to be the case either. Whether someone is Christian or not does not appear to matter regarding someones experience after death. Even Aeithiests in some cases have reported experiences of love from the light and did not find themselves in that "hell" realm.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

Stereotypes? Weren't you the one who grouped Christians together with the Crusaders and Inquisitioners on another thread? And basically called all religious followers brainwashed morons on another?

However, I don't hold towards the liberal view of anti-humor. I swear, there really won't be a holy smack down for being able to take a joke. Honest.

[edit on 1/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I don't find jokes at other's expenses very funny or tasteful and liberal or conservative ideologies shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Any other shots you want to take at the nail here?

[edit on 24-1-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I was born into a Christian family, and I was a firm believer myself.
However, although agnostic, I am neither against the bible nor God (Jesus), but against those radical Christians who try to indoctrinate everyone.

Even Richard Dawkins complimented the teachings and ways of Jesus. I believe religion is safe as a part of ones spiritual life, but only to certain extent.

After becoming agnostic I can no longer take in Christianity as the truth.

(I am open minded, so please enlighten me).

[edit on 24-1-2008 by memory_nuke]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

You are wrong,any reasonable person who has a faith in God would not say such words.
Hell was created for Satan and his demons.
Everyone deserves to be forgiven, and many will be forgiven if it is in Gods Mercy.
Where did you get 'tortured' from?

Ok……so you’re telling me born again Christians don’t have faith in god? Reasonable, ok maybe they’re not reasonable….lol
Also you’ve got priests who tell me accepting Jesus is the only way to your salvation, etc etc….If you can’t rely on priests as reliable source of Christian information, then who can you…..

Well according to your bible hell was created for disbelievers, plain and simple…..eg… according to Matthew Jesus says if you deny him before men he will deny you at the gates of heaven, so yes I deny Jesus as of now…..and so I will automatically be denied into heaven….which means I’ll be sent straight to hell……. thanks ‘Shawn B.’

Where did I get tottered from?

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (revelation 20:1-15) ….. thanks ‘jdposey’

A movie is a movie, it may depict real life happenings but still is a movie.

What I mean by that is the torture depicted in the movie represents the kind of torture that would probably happen in hell as they are “tormented day and night for ever and ever” not that I know what actually goes on in hell, never been there myself, cos it doesn’t exist….lol…..

Again why would a child want to watch a movie about blood and gore?

I never said they did….I said most Christians “don’t want that sort of thing displayed to their kids or available for the general public to see.” I never said the children wanted to see it, I said the parent don’t want their children to watch it….simple difference….Then again….Christian parents may not want their son or daughter at 18 to watch such a movie because of their beliefs……and yet they’re the first ones to say people deserve that sort of treatment in hell.

Again no person deserves torture or that which is depicted in the movie 'Hostel'....it is a movie, not 'hell'.

Well my point is that the depictions of the gory torture portrayed in Hostel may very well be what is happening to people who are sent to hell by your loving god for simply not accepting Your god and Jesus……

[edit on 24-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I don't find jokes at other's expenses very funny or tasteful and liberal or conservative ideologies shouldn't have anything to do with that.

Where were you like one week ago when there was that thread that basically consisted of nothing but "jokes" against Christians? We could have used your support.

No need to explain. We know the rules change once Christians or Christianity becomes the target. That and we have thick skin and can take a joke.

P.S. Don't ever watch Carl Mencia. That guy gives it to everyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Rrrrrrriiiiggggggghhhhhhhtttttttttt.
Not going to justify that rather transparent last ditch attack tactic with a response, well, beyond what I have already typed.
Oh.
And hope you like being reported.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon365

You have been rather very selective in quoting my post, and have attempted to use a spin favored by fundamentalist.

Has it ever occurred to you, that as a Christian, you maybe factually and totally be wrong yourself!.

Regards,

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
[edit on 24-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Ahem

Kindly stay on topic and CEASE the personal attacks. It adds nothing to the debate at hand and lets face it if you have to resort to ad hominem attacks perhaps its time to rethink your position.

Thank you for your attention
FredT, Moderator

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You could be 50 years old and mentally handicapped all your life. Guess what? You never understood- free ticket to Heaven. You could be five years old, heard the Gospel throughly, die, but get a free ticket to Heaven because you weren't developed enough to understand. The "age" isn't set because everyone matures at different rates.

No one goes to Hell if they die before the age of accountability. There is no set age- it's just when that one person is old enough to understand.

Ok so according to you……as soon as any person is mature enough to understand the bible and Jehovah at any age, 8, 10 50 etc….. they are then able to reject god if they choose to……and if they do reject your god - they will end up in hell as soon as they die……So let me get this straight…..if an 8 year old child is mature enough to understand your god and rejects it and is then hit by a car and dies, the child will go to hell, where it will be “tormented day and night for ever and ever”……..

That’s Christianity at its best………..lol

You still haven’t answered my question
“Please tell me how being gay is a sin in the first place….what makes being gay a sin……?”

[edit on 24-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have only read the first post, so, forgive me if I am repeating anyone's sentiments or if the topic is on another track now

I don't know ANY Christians that *want* anyone to go to hell and be torturted. (well, maybe child molesters and rapists, but that isn't very Christian to feel that way) I don't want to think of anyone deserving torture.

I think you have formed an erroneous opinion of other people. Deserve and want are not two adjectives I would think of when I think of hell.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by criticalunity

Cant seem to find the edit button, so I'm making a correctoin to my previous post: It's Arizona Wilder ....

- And nobody's gonna stop me now; If you think the people who went around and basically destroying the Earth-loving REAL religions to replace it with their Christianity by saying' you should be worshiping Jesus, not the Earth? I don't think this unsustainable way of life would be possible without mass indoctrination, & a deconnection with Gaia, the real God, because it's just silly to still believe we were created by an intelligent force...- Our genetics may have been manipulated thousands of years ago, but Aliens & humans evolve on planets. - They are NOT created.

- And yeah, if being gay was a sin, LOL, many members of the Illuminati & attenees to the Bohemian Grove surely are sinners, for they dress up as women & have bisezual orgies. - And the Giants that roamed the Earth many years ago acted out homosexual acts in the streets because they were much more men giants than women giants, & no woman would touch their ten foot pole with a ten foot pole... ;-)

[edit on 24-1-2008 by criticalunity]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Just gonna stop you there, because i really have to argue. This is actually one of the smarter parts of the bible. It expresses the belief that mankind is created from the earth, that there is a bond of flesh and bone there, and that mankind is meant to be stewards - i.e., caretakers, of creation. You'll notice that the most sacred places in scripture are all outside the cities and the temples, out in the wilderness. Agricultural and pastoral lives are lauded over more urbanized careers.

The Bible does not tell mankind to denude and despoil - rather it states that god is entrusting humankind with the caretaking of what he has created. Which, to me, goes a long way towards showing that the biblical god probably isn't all that sharp, as far as deities go.

This Walking fox sure loves to argue, & I just have to say that what's you're saying is bunk; The Earht formed on it's own, there could not be a concious being that just goes & creates things, without there being a planet for this being to form on first. - Life usually takes care of itself, & planets with little or no life on the surely wouldn't need a 'caretaker' - We are nature, we are not separate from it. - WE were not created ffrom dirt, but we did form from the natural system of the earth. -The so called caretakers are the brotherhood, that dont care about us; They care about completely controlling us. - And believe me, if I had a bunch of people at my control that showed their ... state of minds by thinking such things that are not too far off from Santa Claus beliefs, I would have all confidence I could get my NWO... - That's why their just gonna bring it in now, & just like the people had no say in what goes on, we'll have no say in these coming ev events, & most people will follow, under the assumption that it's the Apocalypse, doomsday, whatever, when these things dont have to happen!!!! - The fact that it's predicted in the bible should start to turn some heaads, because it's obviously a plan, using conditioning. .

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join