It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do people who aren’t Christian deserve be tortured in hell?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Without giving it a whole lot of thought Christians will frequently say all those who don’t accept Jesus deserve to go to hell, they don’t deserve salvation, they deserve to be tortured forever.

But do they really think that…. you see when there’s a movie with a lot of violence a lot of blood and gore in it, Christians are usually the first ones to stand up and argue that they don’t want that sort of thing displayed to their kids or available for the general public to see. But they’re the first one to say people deserve that sort of treatment, that pain, that immense physical and emotional pain is the only thing that we all actually deserve because we’ve all fallen short of the glory of god.

The movie Hostel, from what I’ve heard from my friends who have seen it, it is a very graphic movie with some very graphic torture scenes. People getting their legs severed, their arms severed, just really, really bloody graphic deaths and a lot of screaming and a lot of pain….

I challenge any Christians who thinks unbelievers deserve to go to hell to go rent that movie, go watch it all the way through, sit down and watch the entire movie and watch how the actors portray being tortured.

After you’ve seen that, come back and tell me if you still think I deserve that same treatment. I’ve seen some videos like faces of death and clips of people shooting there brains out, and I’ll tell ya, it’s extremely disturbing to see that and to see the pain and torment these people are going through. After seeing something like that, I can’t sit by and say, yes I deserve the same treatment for not accepting Jesus and everybody in the world deserves the same treatment.

Is there a single Christian out there who could watch a movie like Hostel or watch the movies like faces of death and look at it saying yes, that ten year old child who died not excepting Jesus deserves that sort of treatment? That kind and soft spoken Hindu monk who died worshipping in his own faith deservers to be burnt alive, deserves to be screaming in pain for ever…..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ah but you're not thinking about it from God's point of view. Like that JK Rowling, I think those are the right initials, she has the right to kill off Harry Potter if she wants to. He's her character, she made him, she can do what she likes with him, she can give him AIDS and leprosy and attention deficit disorder for any reason and for no reason. Because she can. Because she's the writer. Because might makes right ( both God and Satan use this point). And besides, in the big picture, his existence as a little paper character (like ours as a wretched feeble mortal mayfly human) is so limited and derivative that compared to the wants of the more powerful order of being...we hardly bear consideration. You know, pets die, and dogs don't go to heaven.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
ah but your not thinking that he never made the statement of gods existence, he was referring to the situation without gods interference, therefore he was wondering about christian views, not gods ability to kill people whenever he wants, but i agree with the main point, if christians are so loving and follow their perfect religion why do they condemn or even want people to be tortured in hell, sounds pretty sadistic to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Hell is not an Eternal Torment and the Bible doesn't ever say it is in that manner. Be careful of those you claim Christ then Judge your soul, only One Judge can Judge Man's souls and I bet a dollar that you haven't met him yet, cause your still alive and a physical being.

This is the problem with Religion in my opinion, I know Pagans and Wiccans who love their neighbor more than the so called Christians on the block. The Bible says God will Judge men and that Love covers a multitude of Sin, look for the Love of their fellow man not the church they walk out of on Sunday.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think the abbreviation is rotflmao. Do those of you who are religious understand how absurd this discussion sounds?

I'm stocking up on Hershey's. I plan to make s'mores while I s'moke in the ragin' flames o' hell. The featured entertainment down yonder will be all the religious hypocrites who speak with forked tongues in the here and now.

Don't worry. I'm the generous type. Marshmallows all around!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'd have to agree with both TankThinker and TheIndependentJournal.

Christians don't get there hate for life, and love for sadism from God; and the bible doesn't mention hell in anyway in particular (not as a place anyway), from what I've read.

The need to destroy comes from their own twisted needs/desires, given to them by their equally and more crooked church leaders. Of course the Old Testament is also wrought with violence, death, bloodlust, etc. So that may be where a lot of the 'sadistic' Christians get their bloodlust.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (revelation 20:1-15)

These scriptures are pretty clear. If you take the account of Lazarus and the rich man

And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

It seems it is hard to analyze this place away as not being actual "flames." I know people do that, but scripture clearly lays it out as it is.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

Ok…now that we’ve got the facts that it does say “tormented day and night for ever and ever and ever” as well as “lake of fire “ and all….we can then look at the simple truth that Christians must believe through their own religion that I’m going to hell for not accepting their beliefs…….I don’t remember when Christians had to be burnt and tortured for ever and ever for not being an atheist……

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

I am sorry, I did not write it and if you ask me if I think you should be tormented day and night, ABSOLUTELY NO! I wouldn't wish that on anyone and by no means take pleasure in such a thought. I have heard people try to explain the literal fire away, if that could be done succesfully, I would much more take pleasure in that fact, rather than someone such as yourself, or myself for that matter, experiencing the likes of such. It is a horrible thought!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

What do you mean......" I did not write it"..….?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
its not really up to christians, basically christians are just telling people what God has decreed. You can hate him for it if you want but its not going to help you, he's made an easy way for every human on earth to not partake in that punishment, that punishment is reserved for Satan but since satan took authority from adam it puts us in his kingdom by birth and because of that we get his punishment. thats why the bible calls us a new creature, not of this world, etc... when we accept christ. Really you should be mad at the devil, he's the one that is raining hell and destruction on everyone, God is just giving us a way out
we punish people in this world for their crimes so does God.

Keeper

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Keeper of Kheb]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Oh, what I am referring to are the scriptural quotes..
I didn't write those or, wasn't the author of what I quoted.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

its not really up to christians, basically christians are just telling people what God has decreed.

Well firstly that makes no sense…….in that case Muslims are doing the same thing by telling people what their god along what Christians are telling people about their god has decreed….what makes your beliefs about your god any deferent?

You can hate him for it if you want

Let me make a few things clear in simple terms…….how can I hate something that doesn’t exist…..I can dislike the idea of a god, or the idea of the Christian ideology of god……….

but its not going to help you, he's made an easy way for every human

Let me break down a little logic……why do people keep referring to god….as he…? Do you see god as your father, “our heavenly father” if so…..then god must be masculine and in which case….god has masculine features….including a dick…..lol….and in that case….the only reason god would be male would logically have to mean there must be a female god and if there’s a female god….. then there’s already two gods instead of one….I’m guessing if there is a male and female god, then they probably have sex….which means they can probably have a child or have children…..which means there could be a whole lot of gods out there…..

While looking at this male and female god perspective…..this also means god had a mother and father, which means, his father could be the real god, but then that god could have a dad and etc etc…..suddenly we’ve got hundreds or even thousands of gods….just because Christians refer to their god as a ‘he’, or ‘him’…..simply put….if you want to get away from this illogical paradox….then simply call your god it…..it makes more sense….and it puts away this entire matter all together….now all you have to do is convince every single Christian Priest to do the same…..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by jdposey

Ok…now that we’ve got the facts that it does say “tormented day and night for ever and ever and ever” as well as “lake of fire “ and all….we can then look at the simple truth that Christians must believe through their own religion that I’m going to hell for not accepting their beliefs…….I don’t remember when Christians had to be burnt and tortured for ever and ever for not being an atheist……

That's a fallacy though. Very few christians believe in Revelations. It's mostly only Evangelicals that do. The book was also almost never canonized. That fact that books were actually chosen pretty much proves an agenda by the elite, to coerce their followers in doing something they would not normally adhere to.

Most Christians are descent people, and will help anyone who asks. But it's the nuts (especially evangelicals) where you get all the hate and war mongering. It's not the bible itself, or the voice of 'god' in their head, it's what they've been conditioned to think from their elders and leaders. Just like any other cult.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
people who aren’t Christian deserve be Rewarded.
that goes for most any other religion as as well.

religion is dead.... free yourselves from these chains.

we are not godless.........................were are god...

any religion that tries to get between me and god can go take a flying
leap of a tall cliff.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Without giving it a whole lot of thought Christians will frequently say all those who don’t accept Jesus deserve to go to hell, they don’t deserve salvation, they deserve to be tortured forever.

Well, the Bible doesn't actually say that. Revelation says this.

20-12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

It's said that the dead would be judged by their works. But by going this route it apparently has a high standard. Higher than being redeemed through grace.

Being saved through grace appears to remove the uncertanity about how you would wind up. But even then it is mentioned that good works are required of the faithful as well.

James chap 2 is all about that subject. But summerized in 2-26.

2-26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Though one last detail here. A human soul is not immortal. It can be destroyed.

Matthew 10-28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Those unfortunates who don't make it through the white throne judgement won't last long in the lake of fire. They will simply cease to exist.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
NOONE deserves to be tortured in hell. In turn, no animal deserves to be tortured by anyone either. We each make our own hells right here and now without ever realizing that faith based religions should not be a place to spread any type of fear mongering through violence and killings and all for earning or losing non-existent points to heaven or hell; salvation or damnation.

Now, if I could only turn off this computer and stop being so addicted to the internet. Oh what the ‘Heck'! I’ll keep on browsing ATS until I fall asleep – zzzz.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Do people who aren’t Christian deserve be tortured in hell?

Sort of a trick question really...

Your eternal existance is not decided by me or any other Christian, you will have to answer for yourself when that day arrives. I would simply challenge you to ask Jesus Christ that same question from the depths of your soul.

If you do not seek Him, do not try, or continue to reject it, what else can be said?

I wish you all the best!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Your eternal existence is not decided by me or any other Christian,

Ok.....I need to get this message to all Christians.......don't reply to this thread if you're going to say something that doesn't make any sense what so ever........."Your eternal existence" WTF.......if you're going to say something, make sure it makes some bloody sense.....

you will have to answer for yourself when that day arrives.

apocalypse anyone.....?

I would simply challenge you to ask Jesus Christ that same question from the depths of your soul.

I would simply challenge you to ask Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Horus, Hercules, and the tooth fairy.....that same question back at you from the depths of your mind..............According to your faith I’m going to hell for not accepting Jesus, if I’m not going to hell for not believing in Jesus, but heaven, then what’s the point in accepting Jesus…..if I’m going to heaven anyway…. simply put……you must believe I’m going to hell for not accepting your faith….and so you accept that I’m going to hell where I’ll be tortured and suffer for ever and ever….etc……And you’re the one who’s supposed to have morality…

If you do not seek Him, do not try, or continue to reject it, what else can be said?

Can anyone make sense out of this.....I’m struggling.....I mean...I’m really struggling.....Please people, try to make sense when you reply.....thanks.....

[edit on 21-1-2008 by andre18]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
How anyone can worship a god who wants you to rot in the owels of hell for not doing as you are told is beyond me, all through history christians have persecuted anyone and everything that did not abide by their rules,

yest if you look into christianity the whole charade of christian life is taken from Pagan ways just altered to fit with their ideals, In the pagan world for instance women are worshipped and loved as equals but in christian life women have always been forced into the back seat so to speak.

As one poster earlier said pagans are more prone to love their neigbours without wanting anything in return, i have been pagan all my life and ive had the devil worship BS all the time they seem to forget however why should i believe in Satan or the devil? the satan or devil they refere too is from the pagan faith and twisted by christians because they feared it so much.

Feared so much but yet they use the pagan sacred days and change the name then call it christian, i feel so sorry for them and their single minded thinking..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join