It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chester UK New Years Eve

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi All,

Just wanted to report a sighting I (and 5 others) had on New Years eve this year in Chester UK.

We all went out at midnight to watch the fireworks that were going off, when I saw an orange ball of light flying towards us, below the cloud cover. As it got near us it veered off, straightened up, then faded out. The sighting lasted about 4 minutes. After another 5 minutes, it came back on the same flight path, did the same manoeuvre and faded out again.
We continued watching for another half an hour or so but it never came back.

I used to be in the Air Training Corps and have done plane recognition courses, but this was not a plane. I deliberately watched to see if I could see navigation lights, red, green, and white strobes but none were present.

A few days later a letter appeared in the local paper saying that lots of people had sighted UFOs that night over Chester. I emailed the person who wrote in, but as of yet have received no reply.

I did try and film on my mobile, but it never came out as i think my camera on my phone is not good.

BILL

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hi there Bill,

thanks for the post, There seems to be a few reports from around the uk of ufo`s that night.

obv there is a lot of fireworks going on, but most of the reports seem to be like yours.

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hi Bill! Welcome to ATS!
If you still have those photo's, why don't you send them to ATS' photographic expert Jritzman to analyze.

He and Dave Bierney have the top forensic software programs to be able to pick up things in a photo that can not be seen otherwise even in regular image editors like Photoshop.

You could also just post them here in this thread too!

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ah! A fellow ATSer from my old stomping ground

I used to love going to Chester. This was mainly due to the fact that I lived in Crewe - Chester is much nicer and with far less 'Townies'.

Historically, I think, there have been a lot of sighings around that neck of the woods -- I had 3 -- though I think a lot were blamed on experimental craft at RAF Wharton.

In any case, Bill, welcome aboard

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

sadly as the pictures and video's were rubbish, i deletedt hem but i think my girlfriend still has a video on her phone so will try and upload it here soon.

Yeah, uv777bk, I love Chester too i only moved here from Slough about 8 years ago and had 2 sightings since moving up

snoopyuk: the letter in the paper said much the same thing so i think there were a few people saw similar things

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BILL DOOR

thanks for the reply Bill,

the poster who mentioned Wharton is correct, in a thread from last month i commented on the ongoing UAV projects that are being undertaken in many locations including Wales, North West England and also SW Scotland.
they are the main locations of test centres run by people like QinetiQ.

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
hey am from chester in the uk, but i did not hear anything about this, in which part of chester?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hi snoopyuk,
yeah i will be on the lookout more in future

And Alien dood, it was northgate village, just behind the arena there but apparently according to the letter in the leader, it was pretty much all over chester and nearby

top topics

join