It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What In The World Most Deadly And Efficient Assault Rifle

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Professional

We're talking about assault rifles, AI and McMillans are snipers. You cannot compare such different weapon classes.

Iskander,
Try the ak in -20c and you'll understand.

Ps. Have you heard about the 2-gastube system problems i described above?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
My fault, was pretty drunk last night and in sniper mode when I posted that.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by The Quiet Professional]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

Iskander,
Try the ak in -20c and you'll understand.

Personally no, but people I know have been through training at -55 degrees celcius, and they only praised it.

They thin out the lubricating grease with gasoline, and if the bolt still freezes shut, they just whack it the the spade.

Ps. Have you heard about the 2-gastube system problems i described above?

Heard? No. Experienced? No. I never fired the AEK, AK-107 is the best handling AR I fired so far.

I never handled G11, but considering it's causeless ammo it s not in the same class, so it's out of the comparison picture.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
did no one read my post? the IAR is by far more dominant than the old basics. Hell they have a rifle that can be built to many different forms allowing it to use reg m16 rounds, and ak rounds. Versatile amunition usage. The old ak and such were good in their times, but there are bigger badder guns out there now.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Whats the most deadly and efficient assault rifle....thats a good question.

The most efficient would have to be an AK, the most deadly is well an AK. With all the new modern rifles its hard to say really.

Personally I Like the HK 416, but it still fires the 5.56. So it lacks that exit wound the AK likes to leave.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blitz

So shoot for the HK 417.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The most deadly and efficient assault rifle today?

The H&K 417, I cant believe nobody is mentioning this rifle.
The reasons its the best?

1. It hits as hard as an AK.

2. It uses the same style of Gas piston operation as the AK, hence reliable.

3. It has the ergonomics of the m16/m4 family

In summing up,

It hits harder than an m16/m4 and as hard as an AK.

It's far more reliable than the m16/m4 and as reliable as an AK.

It's accuracy is superior to both.

It can accept the latest toys and attachments.

OH GOD I WANT ONE!!!!!

edit: whacked in a youboob

[edit on 18-3-2008 by Tonka]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tonka
The most deadly and efficient assault rifle today?

The H&K 417, I cant believe nobody is mentioning this rifle.
The reasons its the best?

It hits harder than an m16/m4 and as hard as an AK.

It can accept the latest toys and attachments.

I don't think that it really fits the bill as a conventional assault rifle as it's 7.62 X 51 NATO. General consensus is that an assault rifle should be in an intermediate calibre (5.56x45 or 7.62x39 etc) as opposed to a "full power" cartridge. 7.62 NATO rifles tend to be referred to as Battle Rifles, such as the G3, M14 or FN FAL. The 416 would probably fit the bill though, and would be a credible contender.

An assaut rifle should be able to fire controlled bursts accurately. Take it from someone who used a G3KA4, firing a 7.62 long on automatic from a 10-12 inch barrel is no picnic.

By the way, I'll be able to give you slightly more in-depth first hand knowledge of the offensive use of the AK47 vs SA80A2 vs M16/M4 debate in a week or two, courtesy of the Afghan National Army on Op HERRICK 8!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

I don't think that it really fits the bill as a conventional assault rifle as it's 7.62 X 51 NATO.General consensus is that an assault rifle should be in an intermediate calibre (5.56x45 or 7.62x39 etc) as opposed to a "full power" cartridge.

Damn right. Thanks for reaffirming that one.

An assaut rifle should be able to fire controlled bursts accurately. Take it from someone who used a G3KA4, firing a 7.62 long on automatic from a 10-12 inch barrel is no picnic.

This is where I'll have to disagree with you. By definition assault rifle is designed to provide fully AUTOMATIC fire, and not bursts.

The entire point of an AR is to lay down an overwhelming wall of automatic fire, yet at the same time minimizing the reliance on the GPMGs as the Germans did in WWII, all while increasing total mobility.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

This is where I'll have to disagree with you. By definition assault rifle is designed to provide fully AUTOMATIC fire, and not bursts.

The entire point of an AR is to lay down an overwhelming wall of automatic fire, yet at the same time minimizing the reliance on the GPMGs as the Germans did in WWII, all while increasing total mobility.

Bit of a misunderstanding there mate. In the British Army we refer to firing on automatic as firing "Bursts Rapid". It's just the termanology we use. A burst can range anywhere between 2 and 30rds (though usually 2-5 rds for accuracy and ammo conservation purposes).

I would have to disagree with the statement that the sole purpose of an assault rifle is purely to lay down automatic fire. This is soviet doctorine, and may be how you are conditioned. However in the west we use them to provide accurate semi automatic fire at reasonable distrances with the option of automatic fire at close range or against mass targets. Western doctorine dictates conservation of ammunition as a basic concept of battle discipline. We put more faith in accurate semi automatic fire in the section, with the option of controlable automatic fire when required.

At the end of the day the question is about the tool, not the doctorine. I hink that we'll both agree that the weapon should fire an intermediate cartridge with the ability to fire on automatic and semi automatic.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by PaddyInf]

[edit on 21-3-2008 by PaddyInf]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
it is Invisible Shooter Device

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
IMO it is the .50 caliber Barrett assault rifle.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Barrett makes .50 assault rifles?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
To start off, barret does not make .50 cal assault rifles. The recoil would be ridiculous. Anyway, i think that there are a lot of rifles that would be considerd best for different reasons. The Ak is very rugged, i have seen vid of a hummer driving over one and it still worked. For longer ranges, an hk 416/417 (i know you said it wouldn't count as an assault rifle becasue of 7.62 round but then the ak wouldn't count either) M16, g36 or c7. (the c7 is slightly different from the m16, it has full auto capability and has a flat top version) the tavor is pretty sweet too though. It is impressive that the scar an xm8 were developed to replace the m16 and they decided to just keep the m16, shows it can't be that awful. i know you guys are talking about all the rules for what technically is or isn't an assault rifle, and i do get that, i just don't think that everyone posting on here would get it and that maybe we should just consider all automatic rifles as assault rifle for the purpose of this thread. sorry for bad typing i'm kind of in a hurry right now.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's not the bullet diameter that makes the hk-417 a battle rifle.

7.62 Nato (7.62x51) is a full size rifle cartridge. The AKs 7.62x39 is an intermediate cartridge with roughly 2/3rds of the energy compared to 7.62 Nato.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is my rifle this is my gun, One is for pleasure one is for fun, There are many like it but this one is mine. Couldn't resist!!.

I would want the new Tavor or second favorite the new H&K.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
As has been said the AK-47 really is the Lord Of War. I hate them with a passion, but they work. As for new stuff...The FN SCAR HEAVY and HK 416 are good.....Just depends, even the FAMAS is doing well (weirdly enough). The SA80 sucks, but the HK upgrade ones are ok. FAL in auto is worthless. So I will say the new FN SCAR is looking like top dog. IMHO

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ok ive been in a spec ops group for over 6 years and i have to say get an m4 or ar15 them get it comverted to 7.65-39 which is an form of a .308 hunting round because the standerd .223 is ok with a volsaty of 3200 fps and an rang 460 yards in the field but the 7.65 is the same round the ak uses which is a nother because there easy to get,also its a bigger round you get more of a punch and ive persanly hade good hitting power at 675 and 1/2 yards in high heat you can also get an m1a1or m1a2 wich are good rifles but alittle heavy but if your looking for a good close range rifle id get an mp5sd in .45 in seed fo its little brother in 9mm . but why isay the .223 is only ok is because shoots through glass or layers of wall thay lose most of there energy which ive found out myself and if moneys tight go to dpms.com and you can order an form of the ar15 in every round they make so i hope that ansers your ? if theres any more write me an email at [email protected]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssgtpetersen
ok ive been in a spec ops group for over 6 years and i have to say get an m4 or ar15 them get it comverted to 7.65-39 which is an form of a .308 hunting round

For someone who has been in a "spec ops group" for 6 years you haven't got a clue what you're talking about (assuming it is English you're speaking). The 7.62x39 (which i'm assuming you mean) is NOT a .308. That would be the 7.62x51, a completely different round.

because the standerd .223 is ok with a volsaty of 3200 fps and an rang 460 yards in the field but the 7.65 is the same round the ak uses which is a nother because there easy to get,also its a bigger round you get more of a punch and ive persanly hade good hitting power at 675 and 1/2 yards in high heat

Eh? Where the hell are you getting these figures? 460yds? Bit precise wouldn't you say? Not as precise as 675 1/2yds though! What exactly are you on?

you can also get an m1a1or m1a2 wich are good rifles but alittle heavy

Battle rifles. See above posts.

but if your looking for a good close range rifle id get an mp5sd in .45 in seed fo its little brother in 9mm .

These are SMGs not rifles.

i hope that ansers your ? if theres any more write me an email at [email protected]

No it has not answered anyones questions, unless someone asked "What happens when you mix drugs, alcohol and the PS3 and let the resulting abomination loose on the ATS Weapons forum?".

Is your "spec ops group" part of Rainbow 6?

I suggest you take yourself away, have a think about your life, learn English, re-register under a different user name and make a new start. One tip is not to make yourself out to be something you aren't. You'll just fall on your arse and look like a muppet.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by PaddyInf]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
LOL LOL Paddy,

I am chuckling to myself over SsgtPetersons post. I am given to wonder how much public education(Television education) to which they fell subject.

I was trying to figure out what a 7.65x39mm was?? New caliber to me but there certainly are alot of wildcatters out there.

I am aware however that the AR 15/M16 series can be purchased in 7.62x39. I dont think it is a popular caliber in this offering in lieu of how many Eastern European and Chinese weapons are on the market for much less moneys.

My first look at the internals of the Eastern European AK 47 made me realize how they are flooding the market with these rifles.

I am reading this thread mostly from the background and enjoying it at times with posts like SsgtPetersons.

Thanks Paddy,
Orangetom

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join