It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What In The World Most Deadly And Efficient Assault Rifle

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
i have been wondering for ages what the most deadly assualt rifle is and i want to here diffrent opionions of it if the experts could reply i would really apresiant thati have only shot a 22 and a semi auto mp5 so im no expert if you could please reply with pictures that would be great.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review Link

[edit on 20-1-2008 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
OK ...first off this is your first post so you get a break for it.....you need to include full stops(.) and commas (,) to help us read it properly, luckily its only a small post so can be decrypted easily.

IMO the best and most deadliest assault rifle has to be the AK-47

img405.imageshack.us...

it and its variants have probably killed more people than any other assault rifle.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Heratix]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Yeah the above poster is correct about the Kalshnikov product and its variants causing the most deaths since WW2.

Its worth pointing out that guns arent deadly; its the people firing them that cause the problems so to accurately answer your question we need to remove the operator from the equation as that persons skill will dictate the outcome.

For pick up and point brutal efficiency; the AK 47, M16 or G3 probably are the easiest to use and most deadly as they are designed this way.

Bit of a none question though as the training of the operator will always usually dictate the outcome of any confrontation.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The AK-47 and its variants are often recognized to be the best AR ever made. Its usually because its so cheap and easy to make, and yet still the most rugged and reliable AR ever made. It leaves something to be desired when it comes to accuracy but the bullet's raw power makes up for it.

I have fired it many times, and what I personally like most about it is the fact that it recoils straight upwards, in an almost perfect line, allowing me to predictably counteract it and keep it straight and level, instead of me guessing every time with the M-16.

If you wan't to shoot more guns go to the "Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot" twice a year in Louisville, Kentucky. I go twice a year and half my gun knowledge comes from there.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I watched in Discovery Channel two weeks ago Top Ten Combat Rifles and AK-47 easily won as the best of the best. 2nd was M16.

I think everybody agrees that AK-47 is the best.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
meh i dont consider the M16 that good. Sure it had some innovations but imho the G3 or the FAL where more important designs.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
AEK-971 - Full auto accuracy that dominates the enemy completely.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link to a video.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vojvoda I think everybody agrees that AK-47 is the best.

Errrr............no. I don't!

I have used an AK and whilst it is good for house clearing, putting down automatic fire whilst assaulting an enemy trench or [in terrorists hands]spraying rounds indiscriminately in some Israeli airport, the AK is rubbish.

Yup......... sure........ it can still operate having been submerged in water, buried in mud or sand, covered in oil or whatever, BUT and it is a very big but, it is not all that accurate.

We are led to believe the Cold War is over and the AK is a remnant of that era when NATO faced millions of Soviet led soldiers, paratroopers and marines - when quantity was needed to overcome or over-run quality.

My old FN SLR was more accurate and when you were hit by a 7.62 anywhere between the head and the groin, it was usually 'Goodnight Vienna!'

The FN SLR and the M14 produced something called 'tissue shock' which ripped apart flesh before the round shattered bone, then again after the round passed through, sucking everything in behind it.

The modern AK is a vast improvement over the post WWII weapon, but it is still really just a 'spray and hope' weapon. Nothing really remarkable in this day and age.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
What about the Galil ? I always thought it had alot more refinements than its AK47 big brother and a better all round Assault Rifle.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by fritz

Nobody claims that AK-47 [and later rifles based on it] is most accurate rifle.
It's not all about accuracy.

Like in Discovery Channel one American said: "If I would go in same unknown planet, I would bring AK-47 with me."

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Rk-95 would be my choise, AK reliability mated with extreme accuracy... Probably best conventional assault rifle in the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
"The AK-47 and its variants are often recognized to be the best AR ever made. Its usually because its so cheap and easy to make, and yet still the most rugged and reliable AR ever made. It leaves something to be desired when it comes to accuracy but the bullet's raw power makes up for it."

the impact of a AK-47 is about 3 tons,it accuracy is a bit of where the m-16 kicked butt!

i would say the best gun is still between the AK-47 and the GALIL (R5)

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'd have to say AK-47.Take what Samuel L.Jackson's character said in the movie "Jackie Brown"

AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every MFer in the room, accept no substitutes.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

You do know that Galil and R5 are just knock offs from Valmet Rk-62? And that early Galils were made by tooling and bluebrints sold by Valmet? So if you think those are best of the AK breed, id still say that the RK-95 is best as it's Rk-62 improved with the experience gathered from Rk-62, Galil and R5...

RK-Family

[edit on 21-1-2008 by northwolf]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The first and foremost thing that any combat soldier asks of his weapon is :

"Will it go bang EVERY time I pull the trigger"

There are a few assault rifles for which the answer is yes, but it's hard to think of one that can do it with quite as much aplomb as the AK-47.

It is an old design, it isn't terribly accurate, it doesn't readily accept optics, some versions suffer from trigger slap and canted gas tubes, the safety is terrible, stamped receivers rattle and clang like an old coke can, mag changes are not particularly easy etc etc

But when something goes bump in the night, nothing gives you the serene confidence of hearing the schlack, clack of an AK bolt going into battery.

If I have my Arsenal SA M-7 in my hands (they really are the best AKs) and if you are within a hundred yards, then you need to behave.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am kinda partial to this one

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The deadliest assault rifle for me would probably be one that is totally recoilless and has a very large caliber without sacrificing accuracy.

But since there aren't any like that, I think I'll have to go with the G-36E assault rifle.

Shattered OUT...

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by northwolf

I agree with your statement that the Galil,R5 comes from the desighn of the Rk 95, but the Rk 95 is a upgrade from the AK-47.

The Galil and even more the R5 is a upgrade from the Rk 95.

the R5

But from my military experiance i would say the best of the killers is this heavy weight : R1 Fn Fal

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

That is a beuty!!!the M-4 carbine

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join