It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas UFO seen by second officer of major airline

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Yep, I missed that. I have a lot of Texas relatives, and I wanted Chavez to know he wasn't in danger of being annexed. You never know what will lead to war nowdays.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Well could the OP at least get the exact coordinates where this was spotted? That would help in search of other witnesses and possible pictures/video. There may be security cameras or other unmanned recording devices where this thing was spotted too.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

Thanks for that... I found it by copying and pasting the title into Search. It looks interesting but until I've read the whole thread all I can is that I've seen several "near miss/possible hit" cases over the years and (obviously) none of them amounted to anything much. Of course, sooner or later something sizable will hit us. That's a given...it's just a matter of when.

Makes me wonder if the UFOs sighted around Earth County have any connection to TU, though...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Well could the OP at least get the exact coordinates where this was spotted? That would help in search of other witnesses and possible pictures/video. There may be security cameras or other unmanned recording devices where this thing was spotted too.

He already did basically. He said it was over Guthrie, TX. Since Guthrie only has a population of about 354 people, I'm assuming one coordinate will suffice for the whole town:

Guthrie Division, TX (county subdivision)
Population (1990): 354
Zip Code(s): 79232 79248

Guthrie appears to be right in the middle of the old King Ranch land which translates to "it's right smack dab in the middle of no where". It's actually the county seat of King County and in the 2000 census there were only 356 people in the whole county (which is 913 square miles in area).

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

I will start a thread on it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chutso_ha

thought you may want to check out this article and see how your friend's sighting is connected to many others in texas (as a hotspot right now). Note that a pilot is mentioned in the article, as well...

Hi Chutso,

Good find! The pilot in your article estimated what he saw as 1.6 K X 800 meteres. So that would correspond to the general shape of what my pilot said about it being much longer than wide. I asked him by email today if it could have been a mile long.

He was over at the shop again last night and added a little detail. He said when he spotted the object he glanced at his radar screen but the object wasn't painted or didn't show up. His comment was that it meant that the object was futher down than 2000 to 4000 ft. or that it didn't have its transponder turned on. So commercial jets like his can detect objects close to his jet but they have to have an operating transponder (probably meaning a mode C equiped transponder that transmits altitude information). An aircraft operating in the airspace where they were should legally have had its transponder turned on or it should not have been there.

Also to him the object appeared suddenly at his 3:30 position and low meaning near his limit of vision looking down. He repeated that pilots have a good field of view with nice big clear windows (so the passengers probably were unable to see it even if they tried due to the angle). The captain would not have been able to see it either from his seat. When it departed it moved to the left and stayed under the wings and out of view.

Someone asked where exactly the incident occurred. The pilot and I went over maps Sunday morning and the best we could do as far as location was Guthrie, TX and yes that is sparcely inhabited country. You can get coordinates easily from a Mapquest. I checked some of the other locations mentioned in the news recently and they were close but a little further to the south and maybe west and his jet had just passed over those areas.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

Well, slowly but surely getting more info. Did your friend seem amenable to chatting or posting at ATS?

Is there a way to check military craft in the area that day or time period, since some from Stephensville (i think that was the name of the town) reported seeing the UFOs chased by our own. I am not sure how to go about getting that info. It would be interesting to correlate and also to see if this type of craft has been seen in other places.

chutso

[edit on 22/1/08 by chutso_ha]

[edit on 22/1/08 by chutso_ha]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

He's allright with telling me all the details and reporting them here on ATS and that's as far as he goes so far...

Here's another report about military (F16s?) chasing a Texas UFO near Stephanville at a high speed. UFO in texas pursued by military jets.

I search for Military flight info and didn't find anything. Probably is classified...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

january 10 08:

here is a pretty good description of what was seen in Stephensville (site above). could your pilot friend confirm the description or compare?

Would he be intersted in coming on ATS to post? Maybe even have an interview (assuming someone would take that on)? Or arrange a chat time in the chat room?

chutso

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The pilot in your article estimated what he saw as 1.6 K X 800 meteres. So that would correspond to the general shape of what my pilot said about it being much longer than wide. I asked him by email today if it could have been a mile long.

Here is the response by email:

It would depend upon how far below us it was. When you are over 7 miles above the earth it is hard to judge verticle distance. Keep in mind that I was judging the distance based upon the size of the lights and comparing them to those of a normal sized airliner. However if this craft was as large as others have determined it to be then the lights I saw around the perimeter and on top of the craft would have had to be significantly larger than the lights on a normal airliner. That might also explain why it seemed to stay in a relative position for the 6 - 8 seconds that I viewed it. Another point is that it could have been closer and the lights that I saw were not perimeter lights at all but instead a geometrical pattern of lights on top of the craft. I never was able to discern a shape other than the lights and I was looking down at an area of the country that is so sparsely populated that there weren't any lights directly below and we couldn't make out the ground in that area from our altitude.

So if anyone else has a question for the pilot just state it as such and I will forward it to him....

Edit: I sent off your last question to him, Chutso..

[edit on 22/1/08 by plumranch]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What I believe might have happened over the skies of Texas is part of the HAARP testings when bouncing bizarre signals off the moon back to earth
perhaps there into holographic imaging.

Its as good a theory as I can spin.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

You mean like Project Blue Beam - inserting holographic events and situations as if they are real? Like a fake UFO invasion or rapture? If you believe what some say, they are honing up for a big "event" to occur soon (august/sept 08).

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Hey Plumranch,
Did you check out Earthfiles.com recently... right on the home page is a big article on the texas sightings with detailed, extensive info, including from the pilot who saw it.

www.earthfiles.com...

from rick surrell, the medal welder who gave a detailed description of the object:

I looked back up there at it and I can see what I would call a ‘mirage’ coming off of it. It wasn’t steam. I don’t know really – I’ve seen it like on a hot highway how the heat waves come up. And this was coming down.

what caused the mirage or heat-like waves coming from the object? Maybe John Lear might know if holographs act like that.

I haven't read through the whole file yet, but it is very interesting. Linda M Howe does a good job - very thorough.

Chutso

[edit on 24/1/08 by chutso_ha]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hi Chutso,

I read the entire accounts of the pilot and the welder. What the pilot saw from the ground, side view corresponds to what my pilot saw in that it was elongated and had white lights on the edges.

The other account by Ricky Sorrells was very detailed. One of the things he said sounded a bit like what my pilot said. When it departed it left at a 45 degree angle meaning it wasn't pointed in the direction it was going (unlike nearly all earthly aircraft). This is something my pilot mentioned, ie. his 737 was having to cramp into the wind to maintain it course but the craft below him wasn't doing that so apparently it was slipping sideways a bit to fly the track it was going. And in both cases when they left, they departed suddenly.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was pleased to read the results of the Mufon Stephanville Radar Report(link available on this webpage). MUFON requested FAA radar records under the FOIA of the Stephanville, TX, DFW area durring the time in january when there were numerous sightings of very large UFOs.

The results showed that at the time of several sightings there were in fact large objects painted on radar not running transponders in the area of the sightings. These objects did not act like conventional aircraft, often traveled at tremendous speeds, and made sudden turns. Military aircraft in the area did not respond to the objects even when the craft approached
Crawford Ranch presidential restricted area.

The report is difficult to refute in its scope and detail. I was particularly interested in the report as it lends supportive evidence to the sighting report made in this thread. This is not to say that it varified his sighting as the data they reported were not of the time or place of my friend's sighting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join