It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas UFO seen by second officer of major airline

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
the comment on the Southern Hemisphere (was tongue in cheek) regarding my last point, that nothing surprises me anymore...........

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

I tend to agree. I do not suppose to assume i know the truth about most major events that occur on this planet.

If this story is true, it is very interesting. Most witness accounts which are second hand i consider to be potentially true, but nothing more than that unless i have further confirmation which cannot be denied.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

would you be able find out if any one else on the plane seen it?
reply to post by judasfish

Hi judas,

The copilot (1st officer) did not mention the sighting to anyone. He didn't mention it to the Captain although he had 2nd thoughts about it later. And he didn't report it to ATC or Texas center or anyone else. Just me later. The craft was much lower than his jet, and not interfering with its flight path. Generally reporting that sort of sighting is only an optional choice.

And in regards to the passengers, can you imagine the Flight Deck coming on the intercom and saying... "OK, you on the right side of the plane look out your window in the 3 oclock position at that thing with the lights. Can you believe that?"
I seriously doubt that anyone else saw it much less reported it. BTW the pilots have by far the best view up front! Also, it was only there for 6-8 seconds.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Names or it didn't happen.

This thread would be useless without names, at least the name of the flight, the time of sighting, any sketches etc.

And 6-8 seconds is not an excuse for not being able to take pictures and most pilot nowadays carry a camera and it would be ridiculous for a pilot or co pilot with a high paying job without even a camera phone.

I can reach into my pocket and take a picture in less than 3 seconds.

I myself can claim (if I use a different username) saying I know a friend who is a pilot who saw this UFO - just in time when a famous sighting was happening in the same general area, BUT shhhhhhh! I can't name ANY names, cause you know the big bad gubermint is going to get him! And I would get a laugh out of making the gullible people of ATS for believing something that didn't actually happen and get mucho points and 'respect' at the same time...

Flight name, and time AT LEAST.... or it didn't happen. So if anyone reading this trying to investigate this have at the very least a few leads to confirm that it actually happen. If you are not giving any more information this 'event' is only a one man claim in an Internet forum.

Also isn't it strange after a few days of the famous 'actual' sighting in Stephenville, and when thousands of people are now paying attention to the sky because of the coverage it garnered, not a single report to back up your story ever surfaced? You said that it was below the aircraft, which makes it viewable from the ground.

I'm smelling a hoax here... If this thread goes any further without a confirmation from NARCAP, CNN or any other credible organizations that it happened, I'm calling this a hoax.
ATS already has ALOT of them...

[edit on 21-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Names will not come. Perhaps the dude will make an anonymous report somewhere and we have a 5% chance of hearing about it again.

But don't hold your breath

Edit: spelling

[edit on 21-1-2008 by Alphard]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
Hoax...

Names or it didn't happen.

This thread would be useless without names, at least the name of the flight, the time of sighting, any sketches etc.

And 6-8 seconds is not an excuse for not being able to take pictures and most pilot nowadays carry a camera and it would be ridiculous for a pilot or co pilot with a high paying job without even a camera phone.

I can reach into my pocket and take a picture in less than 3 seconds.

I myself can claim (if I use a different username) saying I know a friend who is a pilot who saw this UFO - just in time when a famous sighting was happening in the same general area, BUT shhhhhhh! I can't name ANY names, cause you know the big bad gubermint is going to get him! And I would get a laugh out of making the gullible people of ATS for believing something that didn't actually happen and get mucho points and 'respect' at the same time...

Flight name, and time AT LEAST.... or it didn't happen. So if anyone reading this trying to investigate this have at the very least a few leads to confirm that it actually happen. If you are not giving any more information this 'event' is only a one man claim in an Internet forum.

Also isn't it strange after a few days of the famous 'actual' sighting in Stephenville, and when thousands of people are now paying attention to the sky because of the coverage it garnered, not a single report to back up your story ever surfaced? You said that it was below the aircraft, which makes it viewable from the ground.

I'm smelling a hoax here... If this thread goes any further without a confirmation from NARCAP, CNN or any other credible organizations that it happened, I'm calling this a hoax.
ATS already has ALOT of them...
[edit on 21-1-2008 by omnicron]

I'm sure the OP will also respond to you but meanwhile may I offer my two cents?

It sounds like you have already called it a hoax.

To say that if you are not given a flight name and a time "then it didn't happen" is frankly rather limiting. Why would these data make it possible for you to accept the possibility that it happened but their absence leads you to insist that it didn't?

Time and location have been stated by the OP on this thread already, and as the airports (from/to) are known, those items of info should be sufficient for any reasonably resourceful person to determine what airline's flight might have been occupying that piece of airspace at that time, so if that is what is is needful for reasonable "proof" then it can be investigated. I do not see that even having such info either confirms or denies the story. The witness, by the way, is not concerned that the "gubermint is going to get him", so where you did you get that idea? As far as I can see it's not stated in the thread as a reason given by the witness. If it is please correct me and accept my apologies.

Other sightings from the ground? You said:

"...it was below the aircraft, which makes it viewable from the ground."

No it doesn't. The object was flying at about 30,000 feet -- at night. It is not necessarily correct to assume that it would have been visible from the ground. If there was any lower-level cloud over the area then the chances of a ground-based sighting are pretty poor. So, unless the skies were crystal clear it is not reasonable to state that it would have been visible from the ground, but even so a lack of other, ground-based reports does not automatically deny the veracity of this one.

Pictures? The object was in view for about six seconds. Okay, so you can reach into your pocket and take a picture in less than three seconds. So can I with practice. But under any and all circumstances? This man was not sitting on his porch or just out for a stroll, he was involved in flying a commercial passenger jet, so I doubt he had a camera ready to hand, and even if he had, six seconds is not a long time to grab it, aim and shoot off frames. In any case, not everyone thinks to grab a camera and start shooting off pics the moment they see something odd. Maybe you do but please don't assume that this is a universal trait.

Why does an absence of confirmation from NARCAP or CNN render the sighting a hoax? Since when do they have information on all sightings? And even if they have information, does that mean all sightings reported to them are genuine and none are hoaxes or at least misinterpretations on the part of the witnesses? Or that all sightings not "confirmed" by them are hoaxes? Your argument defies logic.

I prefer to wait and see what other information might be forthcoming rather than alleging the Original Poster is perpetrating a hoax, and even if I wished to claim it's a hoax I'd try and present objections that are much more logical and solid than those you have put forward.

Mike

[edit on 21-1-2008 by JustMike]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

I find your attitude offensive. Since you thought your opinion was important enough to state as the living end, I thought I'd share mine. :[

With that out of the way, no one ever has to reveal their name to report what they saw. And there is no connection between remaining anonymous and the report having credibility. In fact, I have found the opposite at times.

An interesting thing I'd like to throw in, and I need to go update another thread with this, is that of the almost 100 witnesses around Stephenville/Dublin, the MUFON rep stated none of them had the foresight to grab their cell phone or camera. Now, let's be clear on this - he said many of the witnesses had cell phones with pic taking capabilities and one witness had his camera in the front seat of his car right next to him. And what the MUFON guy stated was that witness after witness stated they never even thought of it and they expressed basically being in awe of what they were seeing and just staring at it.

So I think there is room here to forgive people who don't have the clarity of thought to say - Oh wow! I'm seeing something I absolutely can't explain, let me stop looking at it and go get camera...cause I darned sure want everybody to believe me!

Whatever.

[edit on 1-21-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
may i ask

is there a link to the original information provided by the op?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Cover-ups by higher-ups certainly wouldn't surprise me!

By the way, besides the tongue-in-cheek reference to Texas being in the "southern hemisphere" (and I get what you mean
), in your other post you talked about "TU". Could you please explain what "TU" actually is? I'd like to know, especially if (as you suggest) there are indications it could hit somewhere...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Orion437

the OP is the link. The pilot in question is a friend of his.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

6 Seconds is no excuse for not taking a picture? When you are in a situation where the airplane (and its passangers) you are responsible for encounter an unknown "bogey" in its vicinity? What do you take professional pilots for, goofey tourists? Your categorical approach to these issues make me highly suspicious of you. I'm not saying this story has more credibility than any other "word-of-mouth" story, but discrediting it on such a basis is rather far-fetched. BTW i could NOT snap a photo in 3 seconds at ANY INSTANCE.Not even while driving a car on the freeway. Perhaps i am not as fast a draw as you are.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by EarthDweller]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Names or it didn't happen. This thread would be useless without names, at least the name of the flight, the time of sighting, any sketches etc.

It may be useless to you omnicron, but for the rest of us it is an interesting sighting. I don't need names or the flight number, that is data that is not essential.

Information like that could easily identify a pilot and make him a target for the FAA or other agencies. I've seen it happen many times.

Thanks for the post as derogatory, uninformed and silly as it was.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthDweller

I saw a UFO in New Mexico back in 2001, and I had my portable sitting on the seat right next to me in my car at a stop light. I had the time to grab it and snap, if the thought had come to mind, but it didn't. I didn't want to take my eyes off of the object for one second. I was slightly in shock, and people who are in shock tend to freeze; time seems to stand still.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Chutso

ps. I am curious about something - have there been a lot more military-type flyovers in that area or surrounding areas since the sightings in Texas began recently?

[edit on 21/1/08 by chutso_ha]

[edit on 21/1/08 by chutso_ha]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
c'mon people, this is a classic hoax. there's absolutely not credibility whatsoever to this guy's story. i will agree that it's difficult to take a photo while experiencing the most incredible sight of your life though.

Oh, and they DID get photos of the UFOs in stephensville. go check CNN.com. when they'll be uploaded to the internet, I'm not sure (but they show it on the video).

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hi omni,

As I mentioned earlier the pilot wanted to remain anonymous for job security reasons. Good reason in my opinion! There is a lot of competition in aviation for pilot positions and the management probably prefers to employ pilots who do not get their airlines into the news because of strange things they see from the cockpit while on duty!

The way I got the story is the pilot came over to my shop about 9:30 Saturday night to talk and socialize. He usually does stop by my machine shop at night if he isn't out flying. He had been on a 3 or 4 day flight schedule that took them into Mexico. The flight in question was a return from Mexico via Texas. He had heard after seeing the UFO that there had been major sightings in TX and he was mentioning what he saw to me (knowing my interest in UFOs) to see if I thought it was related to the other sightings.

So I took a yellow pad and made notes about the sighting and had him draw a picture of the light pattern. I wrote down the times, locations, altitudes and other details and when I was done I gave him the pad to have him varify what I had written. I had made a few minor mistakes but they were later corrected in the thread. Oh, and I told him I would probably post the info on ATS which he is familiar with. That's when he said to use no names, etc.

So I went in that night and did the original post, got some details wrong and had to call him again Sunday morning and varify details.

He didn't have a camera BTW.
Edit to add:

And thanks John Lear for your comments!

Also, I haven't been following the other TX sightings. Has there been other craft sighted that might fit the description given in this thread? As I mentioned what he saw was from above and he wasn't necessarily seeing the shape of the craft so much as just a light pattern on the top of the craft. But by the light pattern it would seem that the craft was elontated and maybe elontated octagonal as seen from below.

[edit on 21/1/08 by plumranch]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hi there is another post on ATS, unsure how to link it, but you will see it if you look around. the title is "Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned". Would like to see what you think after you read it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I know Texas is big, but it doesn't reach into the southern hemisphere. It takes in a pretty good chunk of the southern US, but the southern hemisphere is south of the equator. (You know, the fat part of the Earth.)

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Plumranch,
I thought you may want to check out this article and see how your friend's sighting is connected to many others in texas (as a hotspot right now). Note that a pilot is mentioned in the article, as well...

"Residents of a Texas farming community are buzzing over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.

Several dozen people — including a pilot, a county constable and business owners — insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast over Stephenville, Texas. Some even reported seeing fighter jets chasing it...

See link below for rest of article:

origin.www.cbc.ca...

In the article, it talks about fighter jets chasing the UFOs. I am trying to get more information about fighter jet activity in general during the time period in which the Texas sightings occurred.

[edit on 22/1/08 by chutso_ha]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Thanks, I think you missed my immediate next post, the Southern Hemisphere was a joke in relation to no longer believing what we are told anymore, and that if you believed everything we are told, perhaps Texas would be in the Southern Hemisphere? - just my dry sense of humor. Thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

Names or it didn't happen. This thread would be useless without names, at least the name of the flight, the time of sighting, any sketches etc.

It may be useless to you omnicron, but for the rest of us it is an interesting sighting. I don't need names or the flight number, that is data that is not essential.

Information like that could easily identify a pilot and make him a target for the FAA or other agencies. I've seen it happen many times.

Come on John, enjoy your posts, but why even bother if job security is job one?
This is completely worthless, might as well post our many dreams, and you know what that is worth.
Why is data not essential in this case, does he have photos of amazing huge starship to slide?
No one seems to have anything...."my camera was next to me, but I just looked, and looked..."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join