It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn, am I ticked!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Gaz, that really sucks.

Our prayers will be with you and we know you'll end up somehwere even better than the place that let you go.

try to keep your head up and be cool !

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Oh hunny....i just heard!!!

*massive hugs*

Dont let the bastards win ok...stay strong

If u want to email me and rant...feel free to do so.

Congrads on ur marriage and hope to see u soon

Massive hugs and thinkin of u

Gryff

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Gaz:

I'm so sorry to learn about your bad news. I was just coming by here to find out about the TLC airing.

I hope you have excellent references & a decent severance package. They owe you that.

I'm sure you'll get something much better that pays you loads more elsewhere!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
BTS Rant is just for this actually (to the one crying
)

Anyhow, I don't want to name the company because yes, there are those within who will still give me a good reference, and two, because I need to get a job in the same field, and I don't need to give them an excuse to invoke non-compete clauses...

For those who didn't catch it, they gave me NO reason at all...and would not answer questions as to why (it's just a matter of time before I find out through sources...anyways). I had a little procedural writeup months and months ago, but that was it....and pales to my perfect client reviews, and numerous commendation letters... I'm guessing it's because I was close with the former boss, and the current one felt threatened....but I still really don't know....

I've registered with several agencies and will likely have some interviews tomorrow or Monday. I'm not totally freaked out...just a little worried....but I'm sure I'll bounce back....

BTW: Thanks for all the well-wishes....and brute squading....

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What the deal with The Wedding story, man? Let a brotha know.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The beer bot fixes problems, free of charge in this case. I "fix" problems (wink wink, nudge nudge, hint hint).

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
KayEm was fired just before Xmas by some fecking evil hypocritical bitch who needs disembowelling with a spoon. Oregon is also a 'Right to work' state, but the fact that the boss based her actions on a racist comment made by one of the customers gave KayEm a chance to sue. (The customer made a racist comment about white people, not realising that racism laws aren't just to protect minorities).

Contact your local Labor board and see if they can help. The smallest thing could be useful.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Maybe, but I have neither the time, nor the money, to try and do much about it....also, some there will still give me a good reference....

As for TLC...word is that the episode will likely air in April or May, but they'll let me know ahead of time, and when I know...everyone here will too!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Good on ya, Gaz. I know that if it were me, I'd # that company over HARDCORE

But, as it is, I can't remain angry at the world...

Kinda hard to when you're becoming more and more like Peter Parker everyday...

I'm in love with a redhead...

Just got a freelance gig with the area paper...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OUCH! Damn Gaz, just heard the news. Sincerly sorry man, that totally suck.

I understand it must be a freaking hard time, especialy with all the expense due to the wedding and all... I just can't believe they can fire you without giving you any reason... That blow. If someone would do that to me, I think I would went nutz lol...

Anywya, I know you're a wise get, you'll find something else, and in the end, probably somethign better.

Hang in there man.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Gaz,

That totally sucks. I had the same thing the week after 9/11 in an "At will" state too. No reason given. Six year award winner...gone.

I thought it was the end of my world and it seemed that way...but only for a bit. Now I have a better job and things worked out fine. I really, really hope for you too.

Peace

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Right to work is primarily about Union representation (or the lack thereof).

Sour deal Gaz, things will turn, it's just a speed bump in the highway of life.

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
That sucks Gaz, you'll be back in a better position in no time.

Good luck to ya.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yeah, feeling a bit better now... Wasn't getting much response from agencies being Thursday and Friday and all, but today, Monday, my phone's been ringing off the hook, and I've got a full day of interviews lined up for tomorrow... Even had some guaranteed offers, just for too little pay starting....so the interviews it is....

So, at least I'm feeling more upbeat about it now...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You go Gaz!

They'll probably fight to be the one to get you.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Man that sucks!!!

You are a better man than I because I would have defintely gone postal.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Cool sig Black Jackal....your handle in heiroglyphics...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Cool sig Black Jackal....your handle in heiroglyphics...

Thanks Man

BTW let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out in your current situation.

I have been fired once before and I know its not fun and extremely not fun when you have a family. When I was fired I had a wife and two kids at home. Also the damn company fought me for two months at the unemployment office before I could get benefits.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
maybe you should make a back up disc of all your clients and open your own business if your a rep?
You could straight to the whole saler instead of working for someone else...

You could wipe their ass clean with your clients...
Maybe even get more...

just a thought.. thats what my sisters boyfriend was going to do, but he's lazy so he didn't...

And get this, he knocked my sister up with twins and then got fired after he bought her a 2k diamond ring! ahah sorry bastard.

Anyway, take that into consideration, i'm really sorry for what happened... Good luck Gazrok..

May the force be with you...

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that gaz my prayers are out for you. Yea man pull a Jerry Mequire and show me the money lol.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join