It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Stop beating yourself up mungodave. This was a great thread! Even though nothing happened it was still a fun ride!

link   
However one has to look at those 26 hour old magnetic field and the current one and see that the trail has "crossed". no idea what thats means.

link   
Vic.....THANK YOU!

For hand holding
spoon-feeding
and at times....diaper changing the masses during this.

We learned a lot.....bring on the next one....oh....isn't there a sat coming down now that 2007 TU has been put to bed.

Peace all.....we have all learned that there are some lingering questions that need to be answered.

Can't wait to check in and see how moving day went for our little asteroid friend. Kudos to the black ops folks, hope it worked well so when there is one coming our way....you will be ready. Nite all....what a great ride.

Peace.

link   

No worries!

Send me a u2u, I'll hook you up!

Soon's I got a good nights sleep...

Dang, and we almost made it to a hundred pages!

Well, better luck next time!

Sweet dreams everybody!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I don't think anything happened. I was just out and nothing happened.

I think we're good now.

(Except there's really bright stars outside)

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mil Spec

Here's a possible scenario. If they fired HAARP at it then the 300M dish at Arecibo would be the only dish that could handle the radar return. HAARP is a phased array it can be "pointed". Hit it hard enough and sure Acrecibo would "hear" it. I'm on several alert lists. I bet 20 it would be brown optical. Please post your pics here!! No fakes please. Please. Please.

All hail the teller of the weather from down under
Awesome.

Vic

[edit on 29-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
seriously. whats up with that top left graph and that crossing trail that is NEW? I don't really understand it.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76

Stop beating yourself up mungodave. This was a great thread! Even though nothing happened it was still a fun ride!

I agree, I haven't been on ATS long, but this has been the most fun thread I've come across. I hope there's more to come hey! Maybe with not so deadly consequences eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I still wonder why NASA had the site shut down a couple of times. Maybe it was just coincedence. Or maybe they were trying to test things. Hmmm, maybe the real asteroid is on it's way...
But I am not going to worry about it---- but is that what they want me to say?

I went outside a saw nothing, I got more scared about greys coming by and picking up another test subject (--->me ) Seeing that I live in alien country and all.

link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Hey, something did happen though. I've seen a meteor

link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Hi Jason...I've been watching it for a while now. It goes from being all crazy to normal, then crazy again. Those lines are looking rather nuts at the moment though...I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Nothing out of the ordinary it appears. In fact the only thing I see that's even remotely strange is here:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Looks like the ACE solar wind sensors didn't get any data around those couple of minutes. Could be just a coincidence though as well.

Off to bed ... -should- be the same world when I wake up tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Don't worry mattguy404, there will be plenty more fun threads to come. As you say though, hopefully nothing potentially deadly...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Fabulous.... thats what you all are.............. FABULOUS !

Thing is ...... when is it comin back.... na.na.na.na/na LMAO

I found the origonal thread chasin the brown star. good grief!!! and it aint due till 2012.

I reckon I had my fair go..... Next?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Oh cool! That is great...We get to see a lot of those up here in Alaska, the best star watching sky on the planet. At least I think so...

Of course you freeze your tush off just to watch the sky. The clear nights are the really cold nights.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
yeah, I think TU24 somehow did affect the Earth's weather, though.

I mean, outside right now it's like -31C...and it's snowing in Middle East, too.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheoOne]

link   
don't leave us TU24

good luck to you in space!

link   

Cheers to you mungodave,
We have been living on the edge for your contribution to ATS, keep your eyes peeled to the skies and give us another thrill ride, now its bed time for me.
gwhint

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I have fresh data give me a minute or two.

Vic

EDIT: Bitchin' NEODys first to compute for 9:37 in about 40 minutes. That means they have a good track and they got it at least twice. Opticals should be soon if there are coming from other than NASA... I'm excited. I hope it's brown. If it is it could be iron-ores which would make the density easier to calculate giving way better orbit data.

Absolute Magnitude (H) 20.551
Slope parameter (G) 0.15
Perihelion (AU) 0.9466
Aphelion (AU) 3.0734
Asc. node-Earth sep. (AU) -0.0018
Desc. node-Earth sep. (AU) 1.73689
Earth MOID (AU) 0.00099
Orbital period (days) 1040.84
Date of orbit computation Jan 29 09:37

There are objects in space that defy current science... not this though.

Best thread in a while. Cool.

Vic

[edit on 29-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
IT HAPPENED, OH-NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join