It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Hey Vic,

I am getting the NASA data again...although it has not changed.

NASA JPL

This is the same one we have been looking at correct?

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ok, i have a question:

I know its due on the East Coast at 3:33 AM but WHERE on Earth is it now?
Is this something that would hit different time zones at different times?
No?
I hate to sound stupid, but i risk it all the time.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, I have been watching the website with the magnetosphere simulation, and is it just me, or has it gotten a little better since about an hour ago?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It makes it's closest approach and then it goes away.

Shoots across the sky and it's gone...'til next the go around.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

10-4 that's the one... the interesting bits are in the orbital elements link... and no the data hasn't changed... since I started following this back on about page 30... what a hit monster. NEODys hasn't anything new and is unlikely to report until after the event in 3 hours 5 minutes! Drambuie and milk! Shhh, it's unpasteurzied and illegal. LOL. Goes good with this stogie.

Vic

[edit on 28-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm going to sleep. If I wake up tomorrow morning, I'll know I'm not dead.

The rest of you...well, I have no words so never mind.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I think its a bit small to cause any major EMF problems its only 250 meters wide.
And its 330 thousand miles away.It looks close on the map.Its the closest we have had.Isnt it?1.4 LD's?Thats why its drawing so much attention because people can actually view it..
Does anyone know where is the best place to view it what country usually the astronomers say best viewed from etc etc I cant find anything like that on it.
??
Thanks

link   
reply to post by tartlebone

yeah the intensity seems to have dimished alot since 3 hrs ago

link   
reply to post by goosdawg

So do we know which continent will be most impacted by this?
(I'll stop in a minute, i swear)
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It's not "here" yet. Best estimate without doing any math... 70 or 80 thousand miles beyond whatever loop distance it takes around our beautiful little planet. Soon, soon, soon. It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine! Tomorrow is always a new world.

Vic

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

No continent will be affected. It just isn't big enough to do much of anything unless it were to hit and it really can't hit. The physics just isn't there for that. There is zero to worry about except worry itself... worried about worrying? Hmmm. Is that even possible? LOL.

Vic

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Might be unrelated but the entirety of online gaming servers here on the east coast of AUS are dropping out, most are down as of 10 mins ago. A few left fighting but they are unplayable.

Could be server updates or something, and i know it's not a problem on my end because of all the 'wtf' comments before the servers gave up.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yes but usually there will be some news somewhere stating best to view point etc without getting technical yet I can find absolutely none.And im an experienced googler
So I find that weird they usually say where is best viewed from.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Now could you possibly be playing COD4 at a time like this when our sweetest lady resident, dgtempe, is asking you a question. SHAME on you.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Might be unrelated but the entirety of online gaming servers here on the east coast of AUS are dropping out, most are down as of 10 mins ago. A few left fighting but they are unplayable.

Could be server updates or something, and i know it's not a problem on my end because of all the 'wtf' comments before the servers gave up.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by fooffstarr]

oh dont be silly..
my GPS still aint working.. and its never said autolocote on it before. anyways have a beer... .i am.. i went out side too bloody hot. (and no bloody aint a swear word in aus, is this better more lines? whoops i'm naughty...

so wish i could see it.

link   
Hey,

On a serious note, I was just outside and I think I saw a meteor - it was a really bright light, like a ball, going down fast

and there's some really bright stars too

I suggest going outside and look at the sky, perhaps we have a lot of meteors going on tonight?

[edit on 28-1-2008 by TheoOne]

link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It was COD4 actually... but not anymore though.

Several topics asking what is going on have opened on the hoster's forums so i'll see what they say.

Wish us luck for the finals series
Aus COD4 champions eeaaasy.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCake

It's 50 times too "dark" to be seen with the naked eye. With a 3 inch tele you are supposed to be able to get it... I strongly doubt it can be followed without tracking motors. Best spots to view are in the Northern Hemisphere... best telescopes for it now? Goldstone and Arecibo... You'd kind of need some astronomy software to generate a ground track but since it is at a not unsubstantial distance a ground track is useless anyway... it's orbit is too far away... not like STS or ISS in LEO where you can just look up and see it.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 28-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

link   
reply to post by SpaceCake

Hello SpaceCake and welcome,

You hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head. The media on this event has been minimal if not nil...often overshadowed by a falling sat and a Mars asteroid near miss.

Failing websites....shoot CNN has news up tonight about the sexual maturity age of Dinos but no mention of 2007 TU24 which is a fairly historic passing.

You would almost think they just don't want too many prying eyes watching or something as they harness this thing with our "nudge it a bit" technologies....why....because they can!

That's just my take on the situation. Cheers

On Edit....Listen to Vic though...because he doesn't talk about the sexual maturity of Dino's in his explanations....he actually makes sense!

[edit on 28-1-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

link   
Anyone else watching the magneto-simulator?? It's so interesting how those red and cyan lines are changing! I'm not worried about it, but I do find it interesting.
Be well.

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join