It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
oh no..... If this isn't a sign of doom.. I don't know what is....
check out my ATS points on the last post...
i220.photobucket.com...

link   
Hi Guys..

I'm a newb to this forum.. anyway:

First Blurry Pictures of Near-Miss Asteroid Released

www.foxnews.com...

Scientists at NASA's Near-Earth Object Program Office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., have determined that there is no possibility of an impact with Earth in the foreseeable future.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by DaNn1i-Gurl]

link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You guys are all awesome. It amazes me when I read the in-depth analysis of some of the most complicated topics such as this one. All of you should pat yourselves on the backs for how well you present these issues in the manner and language that most can understand. I have yet to see this in any other venue. Congrats to all! I am proud to be a part of this site.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

you're not making a whole lot of sense to me.

Space weather right now is calm - sun activity calm.

Magnetosphere - not calm

Do you not see my logic?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Where's the insult buddy?

Anywho, the point is there have been a million threads like this in the past and yet people still get worked up over all this BS.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think."
Adolf Hitler

A sick man, but damn he knew what he was talking about.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sylvia Browne said on Montel last year there would be asteroid problems this year. (something to do with the EAST coast)

I swear on a stack of bibles. I know she's a quack, but she did predict the twin towers crumbling in the summer of 2001.

Yes, i get paranoid and if you're a friend, you'd try to make me feel better
(whoever said i act like this on doomsday threads) I'd hold your hand if YOU were upset.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
the page we've been watching isn't loading so good for me right now

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaNn1i-Gurl
Hi Guys..

I'm a newb to this forum.. anyway:

First Blurry Pictures of Near-Miss Asteroid Released

www.foxnews.com...

yeah or...
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sylvia Browne said on Montel last year there would be asteroid problems this year. (something to do with the EAST coast)

I know she's a quack, but she did predict the twin towers crumbling in the summer of 2001.

So you are saying she is a quack yet her predictions come true? Explain your reasoning please.

link   
I went to the home page on the site we are watching and clicked research and pulled up numorous pages of information and none show the intensity we are viewing. I may have missed a page, but the one I saw didn't show the pressure up like this.

link   

Glad to see someone staying on the topic at hand. So basically the large rock is going to pass us with no possibility of impact. It is unusual that NASA has not been publicly returning any current data on the Asteroid. I suppose this can be attributed to their original data being grossly inaccurate. I would have thought this type of occurrence right up NASA's alley but I suppose they have better things to do...like...um...you know...that thing that they do.

MS

link   

Originally posted by 2 cents

you're not making a whole lot of sense to me.

Space weather right now is calm - sun activity calm.

Magnetosphere - not calm

Do you not see my logic?

I think that what V means is that the hard data that this pulls from is not outside of normal range and is actually a bit lower than average readings.

The nict site we are seeing graphs on shows the same thing below ... field lines change all the time that's not out of the ordinary. And the pressure changes whenever there's a solar flare or similar sun activity.

Also keep in mind that you are seeing nothing but the visual manifestation of measured data.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Take my advice or not. If you want to learn about the mag-sphere do it. Go ahead. I'm spectating. Your fascination with the mag-stuff is beyond me. The solar wind interacts with the mag-sphere and despite what you think the mag-sphere is normal chief. This ain't "out-of-the-ordinary" despite what folks from other sites may be selling. BTW: I'm on that other site too... LOL. I'll be visiting there fairly often if they still exist for WD.

This will be great sport.

Vic

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
anyone else not able to load this page?

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Its loading slow for me also. Probably from everyone on ATS looking at it. I hope I can stay awake long enough. I don't think it will impact but, I really think there will be effects felt on earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I can't keep an eye on every thread on this forum you know

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

I predict Sylvia Brown will smoke a carton of cigarettes in the next week.

How is that for a prediction?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG, I already tried that in one of the doomsday threads a long time ago. I think it was the one where volcanoes were supposedly blowing up all over the world.

I tried to tell you not to believe so much BS but I guess you didn't take my advice.

link   
Here's a link if anyone wants to keep an eye on recent earthquake activities.

Recent earthquake activity

link   
reply to post by 2 cents

It won't load, it just times out.

Probably overloaded them with too much traffic.

new topics

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join