It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 85
<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

That's it. I'm eating the brownies NOW! Want some? They're even frosted!!! WTH! I can always starve for two days afterwards.
Seriously, i feel very nervous!

I want my mommy!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

LOL that made me laugh.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

MMmmmm brownies!!

Me for some!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well I'm not sure if this means anything but, in the last 2 days I've lost 8 lights bulbs. They just blow out for now reason. Some of them were changed as little as a month ago. Its weird. The lasted one just blew about 10 mins. ago.

link   
So what should i be looking out for to know whats going on?

Any signs? Can you see this thing in the sky? Will it take down communications?

link   
When this is over one way or the other, I must say this to everyone that has been at this thread. I congradulate you all. What a team we make. We have put together more data and analysis than NASA could ever hope to. They can't even get their pages up and running. We've done good don't you think?

link   
Windy this morning in DENVER, COLORADO. Then it died down. Now it's windy again. Somewhat warm, for COLORADO butt-cold January....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

I still dont understand WHAT a magnetosphere is and WHY we would worry about it cause of an asteroid?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
it would be like a huge Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) bomb, which could destroy electrical systems for live to send us (or maybe just the facing hemisphere) into the dark ages

that´s the worst case scenario, but it looks far, far away, I´m just expecting to see some satellite TV channels down

[edit on 28-1-2008 by southern_cross_bowie]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I don't know about NASA but we got more to watch about this than I thought we ever could. It's entertaining me!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

No surprise. I've seen you getting all worked up on other "doomsday" threads.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

You see....I agree with you completely. I think we are doing something to test our capabilities to redirect an asteroid. I mean, let's be honest. This is a compiracy website. So as not to be too inflamatory I fully admit this is a gut feeling only after reading 80 some pages of thoughts...can all of us honestly pretend that NASA (black ops) someone is NOT testing these capabilities. They put all the papers they can think of on the websites that say yeah....this is how it could/should/might be done and they expect us to believe that they aren't going to try one or two out when the opportunity presents itself? Why? Why must our government be so secretive about efforts like this? Why do they close websites like NASA JPL on the very day of this event? Government's biggest problem is that they only talk at us not with us.

Coincidence? Why do we have no sat images in real time as this thing traverses the skies? Where is NASA when you need their billions of dollars data? Static.......

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Well you obviously think it will be a near miss as it is meant to be, so why post if all you are going to do is insult other people?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by southern_cross_bowie

WEll if the way my internets been acting all day is any indication .. then were all SCREWED!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Look closely and compare to other times of known real heavy duty spaceweather, the magnetosphere goes nuts. TU24 has zero effect on what you are seeing... it's caused by the Sun. Period.

This isn't magnetospheric-nuts... it's not even above normal. One could read up on the mag-sphere... or not. At this time for me personally, it don't matter a lick. It's a rock. It's flying by a little closer than the PTB would like I bet. LOL. Political pressure. It is very close if one chooses to use NEODys (non-American) numbers. NASA's numbers are much "safer".

Vic

[edit on 28-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I agree. They talk at us, and not with us. It's always yada-yada-you're-crazy and oh-no-soho's-dead. It gets tiresome. They get billions of our dollars, and on one night when everyone is excited about something, they shutdown their website. Lame.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To those that are just reading the tail end of this thread:

1) Most people agree that the chances of an actual earth impact are close to nil, and most observations support that hypothesis.

2) Some people believe that it's passing can cause problems with our magnetosphere, thusly inflicting natural disasters on the planet. Jury's out on whether or not that is even possible.

3) All spaceweather numbers are within norms right now. There is a large amount of pressure in the magnetosphere and some funky field lines, but nothing TOO crazy yet. Earlier around 0:30:00 UT I observed all the graphs changing (the magnetic field turned south, the solar wind density skyrocketed, and the solar wind temperature decreased) but that could be for any number of reasons and has been observed in the past.

All in all, if you believe all the data that's being presented to you in it's numerical form, nothing too crazy. Might have zero noticeable effects on the planet.

Since I am off tomorrow I'm gonna stay up and keep an eye on things and post if I see any significant trends.

Graphs we have been looking at:
www2.nict.go.jp...

On the left hand side, some good explanations of the numbers you see:
spaceweather.com...

Cheers,
Fiverz

EDIT: saw V beat me to it ... everything you see can and most likely is being caused by natural fluctuations in the sun

[edit on 1/28/2008 by Fiverz]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

fromabove, I noticed that when the Bz(nt) chart goes into the red it gets more intense pressure in the pressure pictorial. It's doing that agian now.

link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Yep I agree, that scenario is much more likely than all the Armegeddon posts.
Why are they secretive? If they mess up (because this is not an exact science) they do not want to be the ones holding the bag so to speak. If they announced to the world that they were going to play with this thing, test it, and somehow they accidentally sent it careening towards Earth, well that would suck for them.

link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Could someone just flat out come out and tell us right now what the real danger is???

The real danger is that there will be some fluctuation in the magnetic currents which surround the earth. In the charts that everyone is talking about, (magnetic field live map) you see some red lines and some blue lines. These are the positive and negative fields of the magnetosphere.

They are pretty turbulent right now, which means that there is something pulling on them. You even see the negative and positive lines crossing to opposite sides of the globe right now (as I am typing this) and getting pretty chaotic. Is that "bad"? No, it just means that there is something that is exhibiting an additional influence on the magnetic currents around the earth. It could very well be TU24 doing this. In fact, I would think it probably is.

Is the earth going to survive? Of course. Are we going to die? Not because of this interference.

This happens sometimes. Back several years ago when Pakistan and India were testing their nukes, the magnetosphere went nuts for several hours. Same thing.

Bottom line is that the asteroid is currently, at least from the last readings we had before JPL went bye-bye, going to miss hitting the earth by hundreds of thousands of miles.

It looks like it's somehow exhibiting some influence on our magnetosphere. What does that mean? The magnetosphere is doing it's job and keeping us protected.

I'm going to bed, my 2 sons are going to bed, my wife is going to bed, and we will all sleep like babies and wake to a world that's normal tomorrow morning.

If it makes you feel more secure, it wouldn't hurt to power off your electronics, just in case of a severe magnetic storm, but that's just a normal precaution I take even during excessive solar activity.

Peace out and sleep well.

top topics

<< 82  83  84    86  87  88 >>

join