It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
####!

Umm... i'm a skeptic but somethings up with those readings... is that dramatic change expected?

What's the implications of that data?

How many hours to go?

[edit on 28-1-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

flux lines are looking really bizzare

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
doublepost..

[edit on 28-1-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm here for the duration too. To spread cheer and joy to my friends....
I have Rock of Love in the background
I dont know how much longer i can stand to watch those bimbos

Tonight is not the night i want to watch the History channel with all their doom and gloom. NOT TONIGHT.

So, i am at my sons house...and we're in the living room..they know about the asteroid but dont mention it.

I dont care, as long as the whole family is up and we're having a good time, i'm ok. I made some good steaks and potatoes....hmmmmmm...just in case. I was outside and everything looked normal, and i thought, i bet i'm the only one worried about TU24 in this neighborhood.

Anyway, just thought i'd report everything seems normal up here in the armpit of the world.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

On the chart to the right I see that a few days ago the (Dens. p/cc) was zero. Right now it holds steady at 10. That's up a point or two from an hour ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
ok I am convinced, something is going to happen , but it may be difficult to determine what kind of scale until it actually passes by us. I am on Mountain Time, how many hours do I have left before I head to the hills?

Relax I mean what's the worse that can happen?
I haven't been reading all this thread, too much lol. We are not going to die right, even if it hits us?

link   
Anyone for a happy hour call at 3:30 est and lets toast to our alien coming to visit, right.
What will be will be, ok and theres nothing we can do about it, so, lets make a toast to our alien coming and just maybe this alien will decide we are not friendly enough for it to stay around and so we will make another toast and wave goodbye to it, what do you ATSers think, care to join me for a 3:30 est happy hour toast.
I just want to say its been great chatting with you before and after.

cheers to you all, gwhint

link   
dgtempe who is that picture of on your profile? She's pretty and familiar....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Thanks!....That's not a lot of time, Do you think we'll see Northern lights? That's all I care about.
Oh crap, I think there is a volcano in my town!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
guys, calm down. Nothing is going to happen. I've seen these kinds of threads so many times on ATS it's not even funny.

The odds are nothing will happen.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Could someone just flat out come out and tell us right now what the real danger is???

I'd feel so much better knowing. Really! I'd make a few phone calls. Please.

I dont want to hear tomorrow it missed us by an inch. I'm gonna be mad.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well I am going to bed.

Here's hoping I wake up tomorrow without an asteroid laying on my lawn.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

when the dens chart spiked those time is when the pressure was at it's most intense

link   
I am starting to shake a little, but i'm just cold, honestly.
where would it actually hit, if it were to? Anyone know? nuts.

link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

They said that the negative charge could react to our earth's charge and it could cause earthquakes, firestorms, volcanoes, tsunamis and all that jazz. I don't know what to do.
I want donuts!!!

>>>>I'm an emotional eater

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

No problem!

To repeat:

Countdown timer here.

Thanks to ats1629!!

From this post here: post by ats1629

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Could someone just flat out come out and tell us right now what the real danger is???

I'd feel so much better knowing. Really! I'd make a few phone calls. Please.

I dont want to hear tomorrow it missed us by an inch. I'm gonna be mad.

The real danger might not be from an actual hit but from the magnetic interference it could cause. While the charts are hot, it's not that bad yet because we still have communications. There is no radio noise of any kind on the AM radio bands so far as I know. But the plasma is actually heating up some around the Earth. That much we do know if we can believe the charts and images.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

If I was running Space Command? Yup, I'd shoot it with HAARP to see what it returned in "HD" radar-return "coming-in" and I'd (if there is a "black" fleet) follow it away and set up a grav-tractor or nuke it just to see what happens. Actually I wouldn't nuke it... but if I had nukes and I wanted to test them in space then the trip away is when I'd do it.

Despite the pretty graphics and all, the space weather and magnetosphere are like normal folks. Actually quieter than normal in fact. Sorry. 4 hours and 3 minutes until closest approach.

Vic

[edit on 28-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Should we go to bed and pretend that everything is going to be ok? I have class tomorrow but I don't want to miss anything exciting if it will be a happy/ nice electromagnetic interference. Would it be best to sleep through if it may kill us? Don't want to see myself getting melted away by the plasma surges and stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

ok I've seen the archive footage showing the magnetosphere like this before, but why if the space weather is quiet is the magnetosphere acting up? What is the cause?

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join