It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
they are trying to deflect it,hence the plasma and magnetic fluctuations.asteriods are ferromagnetic,thus a magnetic field of the right charge will deflect it!

plasma is free electrons and carries a high electric charge,an electric charge produces a magnetic field.

or someones trying to attract it to earth.....

[edit on 28-1-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
TU24 will NOT hit. I'm sure that we would have been notified about it weeks ago if there was a risk. I'm not worried at all.

link   
TU24 will NOT hit. I'm sure that we would have been notified about it weeks ago if there was a risk. I'm not worried at all.

link   
Been a long time follower of site. I been monitoring the following sites to see if there are any abnormalities:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.intellicast.com...

www.intellicast.com...

This link also explains what we are looking at:

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Re: Plasma from Sun, Has anyone taken into consideration the Sun's
magnetic field has just done a 180 degree flip? Maybe we should be more worried of a positive ION charge on TU24.

Current wind conditions: Wind advisories up for all Islands.
www.kitv.com...
Ice advisories for Mountains.

Is it too late for a one night stand?

Eagle heading for Roost and hunkering down

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm not suggesting tu24 will hit. The whole thing about tu24 and tu24.org has been about possible electromagnetic disturbances or what ever - plasma discharge stuff - I really don't know about all that.

I've been following this for a few days now - this real time simulation makes me wonder.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This site has us on alert at their highest level to expect disturbances and weather events etc.

tu24.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

You asked for it.. Thought I would make one for everyone's end of the world party.. The countdown is on.... Drink for me I will be asleep for this.. gotta work dangit...

Countdown Clock

It is expected to be closest at 3:33am..

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well according to spaceweather.com and noaa, nothing of any significance is going on with the sun or the geomagnetic fields.

www.spaceweather.com...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.n3kl.org...

everything is normal, quiet and showing low percentages.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Okay. So I actually took a look at tu24.org... and it does, in fact put it at Level 1 or the Severe Risk category. But then if you look at the same little chart it says "Probability of Impact: 0.0%" Is that redundant or is it due to its proximity that it may mess with the weather and/or seismic activity?

Sorry to rehash previous questions. Just trying to learn a little more.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ats1629

Sips wine....offers up toast to the countdown clock and your efforts....sips wine again for good measure! Party through it!

Countdown to the State of the Union...which could possibly be worse....10 minutes.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ats1629
reply to post by dntwastetime

You asked for it.. Thought I would make one for everyone's end of the world party.. The countdown is on.... Drink for me I will be asleep for this.. gotta work dangit...

Countdown Clock

It is expected to be closest at 3:33am..

I just checked your clock and it forwards to another site after the red background comes up. Not criticizing. Just thought you'd like to know.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Read the fine print on bottom of Severe Risk:

"Extremely high risk of electromagnetic disturbance.
Natural disasters, firestorms, other unknown effects"

Its not the impact its the effect it will have on the Earth.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Pop_Goes_The_Weasel]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I've been following this since my last post realizing that if anything there might be some slight disturbance rather than an earth-smashing event.

However, although numbers are within norms on all sites take a look at a pattern I've seen on www2.nict.go.jp...

Check around .25-.5 on the graphs, or 0:15:00 - 0:30:00 UT.

First off the magnetic field flipped to south. At this same time plasma density increased and temperature DECREASED. Strange. Also the AE index changed (I admit I have no idea what that is).

Don't know if it means anything, but I figured I'd share nonetheless.

EDIT: My fraction matheration ain't what it used to be.

[edit on 1/28/2008 by Fiverz]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hantavirus

Thanks not good... It should not forward to another site... If anyone else has that problem I will take it down...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The only reason I think they moved up the risk level is because its getting closer and closer to the earth, It wont hit but it still will stay at level 1 until its passes by Earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pop_Goes_The_Weasel

I did not even really look at that as well as I thought. Thanks for the clarification!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Wow...that is just creepy...this is what is says about the "simulation"

About Real-Time Magnetosphere Simulation

The real-time magnetosphere simulation is carried out using the MHD code developed by Prof. Tanaka. Input parameters are taken from the real-time solar wind and interplanetary magnetic field data observed routinely by the ACE satellite. Simulation results are visualized in real time. Note all of the plots here are based on the preliminary data (ACE Real Time Data), which have not been processed yet.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yeah, well, there's this little thing called the 'Sun' that the Earth has been going around for, oh I don't know, the best part of the past 4 billion years.

I think it can handle something like the 'plasma discharge' from one little asteroid passing by.

Use of the word 'discharge' though conjures up some really gross images in my mind

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by ats1629

Sips wine....offers up toast to the countdown clock and your efforts....sips wine again for good measure! Party through it!

Countdown to the State of the Union...which could possibly be worse....10 minutes.

Peace.

Drinking margaritas in Texas and using the good tequila!

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join