It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
yes obviously the magnetosphere is changing significantly. look at the lines of magnetic flux on the back side, night side of the earth, rght side of pictures.

The very latest just popped up and it's even worse than what I saw a momment ago. The lines of force are very tight. Notice how it's the same on both sides of the Earth even though it's pushing against the elongated side?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
my understanding is that it will pass on the night side of the earth

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by iggster
Tomorrow the winds are supposed to gust up to 55-60 mph and the temp is supposed to fall down to -5 degrees with wind chills reaching 35 degrees BELOW zero. That is a temp change of 84 degrees in only 24 hours! YIKES!

[edit on 28-1-2008 by iggster]

Oh ick... that is so not cool. I really enjoyed being able to walk around in a sweat# and jeans today. This is very weird weather... it's been so cold then goes to being warm and melts all the snow. Then cold again and a snow storm is here again. Grrr... anyway... I don't think this asteroid is going to hit us... but if it does there's not a heck of a lot we can do.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
look at the spike in the graph labeled dens (p/cc)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyk

Did you get my message from mungo?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
look at the spike in the graph labeled dens (p/cc)

I'm not too sure but would that be "density-parts per cubic centimeters"? Just a guess. Any way, it's ringing nearly off the charts.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just got back to the hotel room and had to hop on here as soon as I walked in. I went to grab some pizza for dinner and while I was there they had it on one of the nightly news shows here in DC. This was the FIRST time I have heard anything about TU24 on tv. They mentioned it in passing after talking about the spy satellite. Basically, and I am paraphrasing, the anchor said that NASA is watching the satellite very closely to see where it may land. Also the earth will have an asteroid pass nearby. That was it. Nothing else.

I personally, like many of you, have been following this thread intently. I haven't posted much because I have been in denial about my own ignorance on this subject. Anyway, I realized that there was no use in worrying about what may or may not happen. I can't change the situation. I'm just along for the ride right now. We'll see tonight whether the ride gets bumpy or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Okay you guys, things are changing? Whats changing? I am out of the loop and don't get it. Where's V?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I don't know how often it looks like this - you would think that a solar flare could cause something like this. What I think is curious is that the 'intensity' has been increasing throughout the day just as tu24 is getting closer. Coincidence?

they have an archive but none of the days i look at look like today. anybody else?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Two Cents....this data is a simulation. I am trying to backtrack through that website to see if it is realtime virtual or a simulation given a set of input data. Could you offer an assist on what data you put in to create this simulation or is it an actual ongoing observation?

Peace and thanks for the information.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
speaking of strange waether...

edition.cnn.com...

"We've never seen such a cold weather lasting for such long a time," said Tang Shan, a man in his 70s in Changsha, the capital of Hunan province. "The last time we had one here was over 50 years ago, and not this bad."

"But more miserable weather is expected. China's weather bureau Monday issued a rare "red alert," warning of more severe snowstorms in the coming days. If so, the number of stranded travelers will surely swell."

also that magnetosphere simulation thing, can somebody please explain is simple terms what is this change, its very obvious, is this normal like ?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iggster

Agreed, it was almost 60 degrees here yesterday and tonight down to single digits with the 'wind' chill factor

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
it is real time look at the time stamp - no input data from me

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Posting the link again for the Havaria Information Service showing all known current natural disaster/events worldwide, updated every few seconds or so...busy little planet we are tonight.

visz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The latest is starting to show an increase in pressure beginning to build around the Earth. It is the greenish area. Compared this to yesterday and you'll see what I mean.

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

Nothing has changed Juicy. I'm expecting data... and it ain't there. I just checked. The spaceweather is inconsequential in relation to TU24. Time to crack a fresh 40 of Chivas and a Cuban. Coming up on 7 hours until closest approach.

Vic

[edit on 28-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juicy
Okay you guys, things are changing? Whats changing? I am out of the loop and don't get it. Where's V?

I don't know whats changing J. but your not out of the loop, we are all in this together! I just hope some of the brainiacks will come on board with some great sites that can give us visuals of the sit.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
this is the home page check it out for yourself - has a video archive - see if you can find this happening before! - I'm looking myself

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I just wish I knew what I was looking at/for. LOL But at least y'all are keeping us informed!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Can you explain that magnetosphere stuff that was posted on the other page? Just curious as to what thats all about.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join