It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
listen,nothing is going to happen!

do you think nasa and bush are solely responsible for announing if this thing is going to hit?,theres a whole other world of astonomers and such out there!

your minds are being played with to distract you!!!!

dont you see?!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
DOOM AND GLOOM, DOOM AND GLOOM ...... Doesn't anyone on here do any 'optimistic' living?????
I wish I had a telescope to watch this!!!!! My sister has one .... but on the East Coast ..... Damn!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

lmao I wish I was a muso, I'm just Matt the journo student from *location classified*. But you're right, it's certainly just business as usual, just as it should be for everyone else here.

Apologies for the one liner post!!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Nothing will happen.

This hype was just well hype, nothing more.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Perhaps you believe my dream story, perhaps you don't but the truth is I have never posted a comment on this site, or any other, because I have never felt, or had, the need to.

I cant blame anyone for not believing, I know I wouldn't but I know how it was. Take from it what you will. The comment is completely truthful, there really aren't any other details. Until today I had never even heard of tu24. Oh, and I'm 33 if that matters.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

No worries!

Well fellow ATS folk. Im off to work, gonna be a nice hot day here on the east coast of Aus , and I am gonna have me a GREAT day
Ciao

Mungo

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As of now, less than twelve hours to go.

Hey mungo, you got enough points yet, mate?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

There we go again...
"The Day of Judgment will never come, because it's always tomorrow in Australia".

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

And it's always "Yesterday" here in Alaska. lol We're only an hour or two away from dateline! Haha!

I just hope that nickel/iron mass tumbles away from me and any body of water that could create a tsunami to smack me and the moose.
I doubt it will hit, but I am curious about the hypothetical electric/plasma discharge scenarios.

[edit on 1/28/2008 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

Well no one told the planet the Dec 26th Tsunami was caused by an asteroid.............but it was...............

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Dang, the winds are ridiculous here in the Midwest! I suppose it has to do with TU24.

I will be happy when this passes. I wish I could get a good visual tonight, no telescope that would help.

Anyone know when I would look up to see it with my naked eye?

I think I am Central time...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Incredible claims require incredible evidence.

Without deviating to far from topic, please backup your claims with credible sources, or prepare to defend yourself!! lol

reply to post by antar

Yeah, we had a freak wind storm here in Alaska over the weekend. I was out in the Matanuska Valley, enjoying calm winds and skys, and the fresh foot of snow that fell over night.

And then, WHOOSH!

For the next 3 hours or so, we were bombarded with strong winds, sustained around 50 mph, gusting into the 70mph range.

And then, after a few hours, it stopped as suddenly as it started. Calm. And it blew all my freaking snow away!!

[edit on 1/28/2008 by damajikninja]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
21:30 UTC... 11 hours 3 minutes-ish. Actually I get 8:34:12 UTC. Almost time for another NEODys computation... hmmm. It's a little late compared to the last day or so.

I'll post it when I get my alert.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 28-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

You lucky dogs!

I wish I were somewhere where is "yesterday"... every day.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

HI Damajininja! Good to see you...
Remember the night we spent looking at the red star? What was that site you showed me?

We better get our naps in early tonight as it will be fun to watch TU24.

Do you have a good telescope? Also where is Cassiopeia? I hear that is where to watch????

Hope all is well in your part of the country and that love finds you warm and cozy. Does your lady enjoy the same kinds of information you do? And will you please do an interview with her for your ninjacast?

PS I posted this before I saw your above post... I have been watching the solar winds chart and IT IS VERY INTERESTING, HOWEVER IS THERE ANY DATA ON OUR MOON? I would love to watch the effects that TU24 has had on it.

As for your winds Wow, just wow, I knew it would affect us in this way.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by antar]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

What do you mean?
It was caused by a huge earthquake... No?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I live in Illinios and we had the tornado sirens go off here in December. It is not unheard of for that kind of weather to go on here. But since there is an asteroid some wants to chalk it up to that. It has always been windy here starting about this time every year since I have been here, and I hate the wind. Messes my hair up
I used to live in Alaska too, and if there were something to crash into the ocean and be able to send waves, I just hope you aren't in Fairbanks. It's a bowl. At any rate, we are having Sloppy Joes, fries, and potato salad for supper here and going to go about our business tonight like nothing is going on. But IF I wake up sometime around 2:30 I will sneak downstairs and post. The hubby is going to work tonight as usual at the power plant. The geese are still on the lake.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

Ummm sloppy joes! Sounds good. I will see ya here tonight if your up! Hopefully some of the teckies on the site will link us up to watch this event!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
hmm i actually think its a warning from our mother to certain powers to stop playing god,its just a feeling i have.

but nothings gonna happen,its just a warning as to how fragile we are.

if it were to hit theres a 70% chance it would be in the ocean,no nuclear winter just 2 km high tsunamis and such.

on a downwards note ive been having reoccuring dreams my whole life about 2km high tsunamis,but im not worrying i just know itl be ok!

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyk
I then recall the figure placing a piece of paper in front of me on the side of the boat, written in red ink, in English, it said "an asteroid will hit in 20 years but there will be another one much sooner" This is where the dream ended.

MSN carried a small link to the satellite hitting earth story which seemed coincidental however imagine how amazed we were when we stumbled across the tu24 story of which we have heard absolutely nothing until now.

"MSN carried a small link..."

If the link wasn't given in your dream directly then I don't see how you can be sure it is refered to tu24 and now. 20 years is a long time and there are a lot astroids out there. Hm just a thought.. in how many years will tu24 return? I believe there is another close one in 20 years but dont have the web link at hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join