It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Bush is scheduled to give his state of the union address tonight at 8pm in the US so hmm, i dont know, but that would be freaking awesome if he came up to the mic and announced the asteroid lol

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Conspiratorially speaking, just follow the US Senators and Reps after the State of the Union tonight. If they go home to Georgetown afterwards - then its 'all clear'; or they were 'out of the loop'

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by scrapple

Why do you feel the need to put someone down to benefit getting your opinion across? I do not wear my wedding ring all of the time. My husband does not wear his wedding ring all of the time. So what? Is that really important right now? Are you so sure that he didn't lose it recently or take it in to have maintenance performed on it? Are you in some way jealous of him and need to make snide remarks about his job and suggest he may be a carpenter? Sounds like it to me.

As for all of the people thinking that the government is covering something up, I would like you to take my next paragraph apart and come back at me with a sensible remark to make me wrong:

If the asteroid were going to hit and cause substantial damage but not enough to wipe out the population, I believe the goverment would be milking it for all it is worth just to get sales in the U.S. back up. The gas pumps would be packed, grocery stores would have a hard time keeping things on the shelves, and things like batteries, etc. They would twist this and use it to their advantage because that is how they are.

Second, if the asteroid were going to hit and wipe out the population, no one would care if it got out. All of the "higher-ups" are already where they need to be and would not care if mass pandemonium broke out. And since so many are involved with the government and with NASA, and possibly others, someone would step out and let people know about it. What does the government do when extremely sensitive information like this might be leaked or is leaked? They kill that person/people off. If the population is going to be wiped out anyway, would they really care if they died this way or that? I wouldn't!

Step back and use your common sense on this! How many observatories are there all over the world?? Sure, everyone has different information, but that is because equipment is different, minds process information differently and come up with different results.

I think that if you simply want to come here and promote your OWN idea and not take others into consideration and you think an asteroid will hit, then you need to take yourself out and start preparing and stop posting here! Stop watching the videos if they are wrong and making fun of them. If you really did think the asteroid was going to hit and cause significant enough damage to try to get other people onto your bandwagon, you should really spend your time doing something more constructive than criticizing others.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So, that's 3:30EST am? or pm?

I seriously doubt the government would intentionally create mass panic just to boost sales.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by cbtech]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cbtech

I wouldn't count on it
But that is just me. Everything is down so far, so they probably think, Hey, let's use this to our advantage. They won't know the difference.

BTW, 3:30 a.m. EST.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Juicy]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I dont think we would be able to tell where "they" are...I beleive they would have ready made backdrops that would look like they're in Washington when they're really under a rock, dont you think?
I mean it could look like the president is behind his desk at the White House, or in the front lawn, when he is really not.
Just speculating here, of course.

Did i tell you about my dream of two weeks ago, before i became aware of the TU24?
I think i mentioned it on another thread. The tv stations were all interrupted and people were scrambling around for a very important speech Bush was to give, it was an emergency type situation ! I saw the podium, and lots of peole all startled in anticipation of what i assumed was an emergency! Then i woke up......

I get chills when i think of it. :shk:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well it's either today or tommorow it's supposed to hit right? So we will find out either way in a few hours. Personally, I'm not going to hold my breath, but then again I've been wrong about other things.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Hi dgtempe,

Well as much as i hate it, I will be watching his speech tonight for any hints or clues that might come out..watch the body language and the usage of words such as "impact' and things of that nature...I mean it would be just like these scum to come on television and tell us everythings o.k ..thennext thing you know...welll yea you already know.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Main stream News articles on Yahoo:

AP:
Large Asteroid to Fly Past Earth

AP link

Space.com:
First Image of Approaching Astroid

link

Reuters:

Astronomers to get rare look at visiting asteroid

Reuters Link

How much more main stream until it's no longer a conspiracy? Guess we will all know in 14 hours or so.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have been on astronomy sites, due to my being an amateur, having a scope and observing for 20 years. I don't know if anyone has gone to this site (sure you will correct if you have), but it is the best "official" site for NASA Near Earth Asteroids.

I really think this will miss after digesting most the data, but no one can be sure. There seems to be much about this asteroid that they do not know.

I use Starry Night Pro to plot the pass based on orbital data. Others also have done this and posted movies. Here are some a member on my Yahoo group posted so you can see where to look in the sky.

Video of Sky on Pass of 2007 TU24

They say you should be able to see this with modest type telescopes.

As far as any effects, the Electric Universe theory is a bit off, as we have had close approaches of large asteroids in the past years that we only saw after they passed, and no observable effects where noticed.

We could have dust coming in for a few hours or days after if any dust is trailing or in following from it shedding material. That would make for meteor showers that conceivably could be spectacular. Long shot for that though.

We know very little about this, and other asteroids and their effects as they are hard to spot and then to follow without good data. But it's anyones guess if shards following it or pulled along material hits us or the Moon.

The most likely impact senerio would be the moon, but that does not seem to be the case as all plots so far miss everything.

I'm waiting for the videos to post after it passes. I'm wondering if Hubble will take some shots. It would be cheaper than sending a probe.

ZG

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
...Why you never ever ever put your mug in public.
(-talk about pseudo science)... there is not enough time in the day! Have fun;

@528: Speaking about the anti-reality comments he’s gotten at his blog. Interpretation he is recalling a smell, feeling or taste (Conspiracists leave bad taste in mouth possibly?)

Down and to the Left
Indicates: Feeling / Kinesthetic (F)
If you asked someone to "Can you remember the smell of a campfire? ", this would be the direction their eyes moved in while thinking about the question as they used recalled a smell, feeling, or taste.

www.blifaloo.com...

@538: Speaking about accusations that Nasa is paying him. (Possibly up and to the right? – visual remembrance of cash money check?) More probably ‘due right’ , yet why is he recalling ‘read’ blog comments as audio? ( voices in head?)

To the Right
Indicates: Auditory Remembered (Ar)
If you asked someone to "Remember what their mother's voice sounds like ", this would be the direction their eyes moved in while thinking about the question as they "Auditorily Remembered " this sound.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juicy

Are you in some way jealous of him and need to make snide remarks about his job and suggest he may be a carpenter?

Whoa, I gues your really not going to like my above post. Take a chill pill. Carpenter/construction folks/Manual laborers etc tend to get rings caught up in the day to day and rip fingers off. I said "modern" not as an insult, (nor really divorced for that matter) Mining is frowned on by some ya know

I pointed his missing 'band' out due to his own emphasis that we must trust that he'd tell us of impending doom based on his own personal status, which on intial observations of presented data comes into question just like anything else here at ATS.

I stand on my comments.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yo scrapple thats some clever work you've done there brother. I mean,I hear the words bad astronomy and i say hold up! for somebody who wants us to believe him, why choose such a horrible name for a website we should trust.

personally NASA is run by the devil,I dont care what you ppl say, I dont need to prove it to anyone, I just know from the feeling i get, and take a look at there logo..nuff said.

After watching some of dr. deagles videos im sure there is more to this than they are letting out. Our technology is FAR past what you and me can even percieve right now.

basically i dont trust them...only thing I am sure of is that the sun will rise every morning and the moon will come out at night, i see stars,sometimes even moving ones ...If i want the real news about space..Ill take a look out back.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Shouldn't you be at the grocery store stocking up on some things? You must not be too worried that it will hit since you are still here and can find nothing better to do than analyze a video. Either that or you are one of those that intentionally try to scare people into your way of thinking.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is my first post on Above Top Secret, hope you find it of interest, it concerns the tu24 asteroid and a dream I had last night and is completely real (as far as dreams go!) The dream, as I remember it, started on a small boat maybe 5 miles out to sea, when I look back to the shore the sky is filled with smoke coming from huge fires scattered throughout the visible coastline.

From one plume of smoke a number of objects arose, formed an irregular formation and headed out to sea towards me. I observed the strange oscillating band/bracelet looking objects fly overhead, they were spinning so fast they were semi-translucent. Much to my horror the last object moved directly above the boat and began to descend. At this point I recall attempting pathetically to hide. The object hovered 1 metre above the boat and a figure descended onto the boat.

I then recall the figure placing a piece of paper in front of me on the side of the boat, written in red ink, in English, it said "an asteroid will hit in 20 years but there will be another one much sooner" This is where the dream ended.

MSN carried a small link to the satellite hitting earth story which seemed coincidental however imagine how amazed we were when we stumbled across the tu24 story of which we have heard absolutely nothing until now.

I have never experienced such a strange dream and cant help wondering, if tu24 is not going to happen, WHY..

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyk

Yo man...I consider myself open-minded and i would never shut some one down for having a dream that i or they though ment alot.

But why should anybody believe you? I mean this is your first post on ATS.

At this moment in time i just cant fully trust you claims,Im more willing to believe dgtempe over you.

Sorry if your offended..whhyd ont you try and give us more details?

and btw how old are you ,if you can tell us the truth.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm not worried, if it happens, it happens. It's not even big enough to cause a mass extinction. I hope it doesn't hit and I don't think it will.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Clan in da front

I think everybody already knows this isnt gonna cause any extinction...but the aftermath of the impact is what concerns a bunch of people. I for one know that time is short here,our days are numbered and with only 4 years until 2012 anything like this should be taken alil more serious. The bible mentions two impacts leading to all types of scenarios, mark of the beast,etc,etc...

ATS has made me kinda the way I am,when i see news like this i cant help but think "its happening" and im sure other ppl feel the same way. There are other people who would love to continue living,but honestly that pisses me off, because even if we did still keep going on, alot of other people are still gonna be suffering...and truthfully you would only pretend to give a damn.

We need a change and a big one...I dont mind if the world is wiped out..honestly bring it on! Then we can all go back to heaven,get our judgements and hopefully start over from there AS EQUALS!

~TSOM~

[edit on 28-1-2008 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nitrana
Bush is scheduled to give his state of the union address tonight at 8pm in the US so hmm, i dont know, but that would be freaking awesome if he came up to the mic and announced the asteroid lol

This is the kind of arrogance that's been driving this thread for the most part. It wouldn't be 'awesome', anywhere, if anyone, announced something like that was going to happen. Even though it most definitely is NOT going to happen, it wouldn't be in Bush's speech, it's his last one and he would like something 'nice' to go out on.

It's the 29th here in Australia this morning and I've got a big sack full of 'I told you so!!!' ready to go. Some people just needed to calm down and look at the facts presented to them, while some people chose to get caught up in the mass hysteria of it all.

No cover up.

No conspiracy.

No fear.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

I'm with you Matt........Just waiting for the traffic to clear and off to work.... business as usual..........you wouldnt be Matt the muso from the south coast would ya?

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join