It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Hey wow, how are they measuring the electromagnetic disturbance? Or are they trying to save face because it's not going to hit? I'm confused on that update
Something to watch of course, but we need more detail.

This might be a site to keep an eye on - www.ips.gov.au...

[edit on 25-1-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

The threat level for asteroid 2007 TU24 has just been elevated to a level two. See the link listed below. Expect varying degrees of electromagnetic disturbance. It looks like it's going to be negative after all.

tu24.org...

That site saying nothing about it being negatively charged.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Although the chances of a direct impact are nearly non-existent, there is a much greater chance that there will be a degree of electromagnetic interference as TU24 traverses Earth's magnetosphere IN THE MANNER OF TUNGUSKA 100 YEARS AGO.

There could possibly be an even higher chance of an electromagnetic interference occuring on Mars on Jan. 30 as asteroid WD5 approaches it, making for some interesting celestial effects.

(Taken from the above website)

Ok, so now we have "Caution" warnings.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by dgtempe]

[edit on 25-1-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja and post by dgtempe

An excellent explanation for the Global Consciousness Project color dot (right now it's green-ish) can be found here:

Viewzone Magazine | You Can Know The Future | Explore Your Future Consciousness

*Warning!!*

In the context of a demonstration of the underlying concept, a few "disturbing" (i.e. erotic or morbid) images are displayed briefly.

off topic/

For those who aren't already aware of it, I highly recommend visiting the main Viewzone site: Viewzone Magazine

The well written articles cover many of the topics we examine daily here on ATS, in fact, during my quest for knowledge of this sort, Viewzone led directly to my discovering ATS for the first time.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Goosedawg,

Thank you very much for those links! Incredible! I love the thorough explanations. Incredible how the mind works.
I have them saved for future reading.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Goosdawg, that is exactly why I have pointed out earlier in the thread for us to rely solely on our Intuition and not on our intellect. Trying to make sense of patterns using the Mind's intellect is deemed useless because emotions and intense thinking only clouds one's judgment, and was intended only to make decisions and work out differences.

We rely on our intellect to predict the future, knowing it's useless we use our intellect to build technology which serves the purpose of our already present abilities, such as Intuition.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
While not directly related to 2007TU24, here's a couple more asteroid-related links I came across in my quest for more info.

Space.com | Gravity-Powered Asteroid Tractor Proposed to Thwart Impact

Spaceflight Now | Moon Stuck | Space leaders work to replace lunar base with manned asteroid missions

If anyone feels one or the other of these articles are worthy of their own threads, please, feel free to use the links.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Clearly it is time to take the fight to Klendathu, the bugs' home planet.

Would you like to know more?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Alright, I'm new to this form, so don't be so harsh, but I'm still worried, I know the chances of a direct hit are close to none, but what kind of disturbances could it make if it turns out to be negatively charged? best and worst case scenarios...How long could it last? I would really appreciate someone's help with this, Im still pretty ignorant on this

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Wow, that totally reminds me of Starship Troopers.

Stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Did you read the story link at the bottom of the link's page? I just spent the last few hours reading the whole thing and it was pretty interesting to say the least...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

From the Fox link:

"Called 2007 TU24, the asteroid was discovered by NASA's Catalina Sky Survey on Oct. 11, 2007. It is estimated to be somewhere between 500 feet (150 meters) to 2,000 feet (610 meters) in diameter"

3 months ago? Really???? I had thought that TU24 was discovered some time ago, like, a couple of years? Am I nuts?

[edit on 1/26/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
This is interesting.

Russian Dr. Scientist Khabibullo Abdusamatov, Director of the space research lab at the Pulkovo Observatory in St. Petersburg, and who has previously warned about a coming Ice Age, today issued a report to the Kremlin warning of the potential affects to our Earth from an asteroid due to come dangerously close to our World in the next few days.

According to this report, Asteroid 2007 TU24, which has been measured at being 600 meters (2,000 feet) large, is due to pass within 540,000 kilometers (334,000 miles) of Earth on January 29th, and which is being described by NASA Scientist Don Yeomans as being "... the closest approach by a known asteroid of this size or larger until 2027”.

Though some reports emerging from the West are suggesting that NASA is ‘greatly concerned’ about Asteroid 2007 TU24 striking our Earth, Dr. Abdusamatov’s report states that the greatest danger from this space object is the catastrophic effect it is having on our electromagnetic field and destabilizing our already in chaos Global weather patterns.

Dr. Abdusamatov bases his warnings on what he states is the current state of instability existing in our Solar System due to our Sun entering into a new, and potentially destructive, new Solar Maximum cycle and which has caused the unprecedented plasma explosion of Comet Holmes and the Planet Jupiter to explode with massive storms.

Most interesting, according to this report, is that Dr. Abdusamatov has documented the effects Asteroid 2007 TU24 is currently having on our Global Weather, and electromagnetic systems, by its ‘moving’ the magnetic axis of our Earth towards Canada from the North Pole, and which has caused, in the past week alone, record setting cold temperatures in Siberia, India, North America, and unprecedented snows in China, which have paralyzed vast portions of that Asian nation.

This is so, Dr. Abdusamatov explains in his report, because of Asteroid 2007 TU24 ‘expanding’ its already growing plasma sheath, like Comet Homes, due to ‘unstable’ solar plasma emissions from the Sun and which are increasing their ‘effects’ upon our Earth’s protective ‘magnetosheath’, and in ways, he says, currently not known.

It is, also, interesting to note that Western scientists are moving their ideas about comets and asteroids more towards the beliefs of their Eastern counterparts, and who have long advocated that our Solar System can only be explained in terms of an ‘Electric Universe’, rather than one long supported by the West that states comets are nothing but ‘balls of ice’, and as we can read as reported by the Reuters News Service: uk.reuters.com

Of the greatest concern, however, relating to Dr. Abdusamatov’s report, are his warnings that our Earth has yet to feel the ‘full wrath’ of Asteroid 2007 TU24’s interaction with our Earth, and which, he states, will usher in ‘many months’ of catastrophic weather changes that will encircle our entire Globe in the coming months.

whatdoesitmean.com

[edit on 26-1-2008 by Moegli]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Could a fly by like this really cause earthquakes, and deadly storms?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
reply to post by damajikninja and post by dgtempe

An excellent explanation for the Global Consciousness Project color dot (right now it's green-ish) can be found here:

Viewzone Magazine | You Can Know The Future | Explore Your Future Consciousness

*Warning!!*

In the context of a demonstration of the underlying concept, a few "disturbing" (i.e. erotic or morbid) images are displayed briefly.

off topic/

This seems strange but while I was watching, the green dot turned from greenish yellow to yellow then a bit orange. Is this normal?

It just seems strange that the web site says it's normally green but within seconds of me looking and thinking about a disaster, it turns a bit orange. Do I get to pick a disaster too? I would make it minor but I don't think I have a choice if something happens. That is strange if something happens.

Is this asteroid in one solid piece or are there smaller fragments? Anyone know?

I don't know what to think about that green dot. Just checked it again and now it's green again. Either it's wacky or I have the ability to alter the global consciousness. I didn't think I was that powerful.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by orionthehunter]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Most interesting, according to this report, is that Dr. Abdusamatov has documented the effects Asteroid 2007 TU24 is currently having on our Global Weather, and electromagnetic systems, by its ‘moving’ the magnetic axis of our Earth towards Canada from the North Pole, and which has caused, in the past week alone, record setting cold temperatures in Siberia, India, North America, and unprecedented snows in China, which have paralyzed vast portions of that Asian nation.

Am I reading this right? Sounds to me like a Pole Shift?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Goosdawg, thanks for those links! That made exciting reading.

Now what I liked best was this...

What's happening right now in the world?

What color is this dot?

[It's usually green or yellow. If it changes to orange or red... something bad is going to happen!]

Ahhh! Thank the Lord, it's still green! So we can R.I.P. Errr..I mean Relax In Peace!! That rock ain't gonna hit us after all!!

Edit to add after 1 hour:

Yikes!! It's turned to orange!!!!!! I'm headin' for them hills!!........Darn! Now where the devil did I keep my beer crate? ............Bingo! Gotcha!! NOW I'm ready to head for them hills!!

Cheers!

[edit on 26-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli

Am I reading this right? Sounds to me like a Pole Shift?

You mean a 350 meter rock passing by the Earth at 1.2 LD can do all this? Now it's all getting beyond bizarre! Doomsday pundits have really started having a field day! And we're all falling hook, line, and sinker for these end-of-the-world scenarios.

Let's be realistic and not fall over the edge!

[edit on 26-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

You mean a 350 meter rock passing by the Earth at 1.2 LD can do all this? Now it's all getting beyond bizarre! Doomsday pundits have really started having a field day! And we're all falling hook, line, and sinker for these end-of-the-world scenarios.

Yeah, I see the green dot again. Apparently I can cause a disaster just by thinking about it since it turned orange within seconds of me thinking about it. However I surfed to another web site temporarily and saved the Earth. Now you can all rest err I mean relax in peace. However I have been thinking about the stock market crashing in another month or two. Guess that's too far out for the green dot to register.

I wonder if we'll see any good meteor showers as a result of this close approach?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
www.ips.gov.au...

Keep an eye on the K Index. It's been fluctuating between 0 and 2, and 5 or more means a magnetic storm. Nothing out of the ordinary, but if this asteroid is going to do anything, you'll be able to keep watch on that site. It's for the Australian region, but I guess it gives you a general indication of anything out of the ordinary (which I doubt, but I'm interested to see).

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join