It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
YES I AM USING ALL CAPS.

HOW did this thread turn into a thread by the end of page 3 about a conspiracy of covering up the fact that a space object that was projected to hit earth and cause damage?

It changed so much from page 1, which portrays the idea that the ASTEROID/COMET/Space Rock/Etc DOES NOT HAVE TO HIT EARTH TO CAUSE DAMAGE if the space junk is negatively charged.

It is not projected by the JPL to hit earth, and personally the chance of something hitting earth is zilch IMO, however, the chance of us having a plasma discharge when TU24 passes is much more likely.

The 1908 Tads;fjalfhlaus space rock that caused so much damage to a Russian Forest DID NOT hit the earth, it simply got close.
Or was it Tesla

I personally find it EXTREMELY odd that it does not show up on google news or any other news program.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well ladies and gentlemen, if it's going to be as big a show as some people are making it seem- Live the next eight or nine days as if they were your last. They very well may be.
But in all reality, we probably won't be effected. Just like every other time someone has claimed the end is nigh.

See you all in nine days I suppose

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Doesn't Revelations say that Wormwood, the comet of Armageddon, will approach from the South?

First people would have to buy into the Revelations and believe in Armageddon.

And if it does hit why would it matter anyhow? We will not be able to stop it, so just enjoy the days you have, either way everyone dies.

Predictions only cause fear. Whenever the word predictions comes up people start to worry.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Found and interesting site which tells us this TU24 will be arriving by January 29th and explains what could happen even if it DOESN'T actually hit us (something I didn't know before)

underthehill.wordpress.com...

Plasma discharge which could disrupt our weather, cause earthquakes and plenty more bad things. They compared the size of this thing to the rock that struck Tunguska that rock looks like a peice of kitty litter sitting next to a bowling ball.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I just saw..the world ended 13.Jan.2008:

(2008 AF3) 2008-Jan-13 0.0025 1.0 14 m - 31 m 3.51
This one passed with 0.0025 AU or 1 Moon-Earth Distance

not as mighty as your one:
(2007 TU24) 2008-Jan-29 0.0037 1.4 240 m - 550 m 9.25

but closer according to this list.

link:
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

we will see.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Don't worry it's not going to hit. Have a beer and relax people

an asteroid named 2007 TU24 will pass roughly 560,000 kilometers (330,000 miles) from the Earth on January 29, 2008. ...The odds of a Mars impact are still not zero, but there is no chance at all of TU24 hitting us.

source
www.badastronomy.com...

This is a fantastic site that posts accurate info. The above link even discusses the youtube video hoax. Check it out.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

This is a fantastic site that posts accurate info. The above link even discusses the youtube video hoax. Check it out.

By chance... were you talking about that Youtube video which said it DIDN"T HAVE TO HIT in order to cause any damage to the earth? It will cause a plasma discharge of the earth just by coming close to earth?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaauroraaaaa

By chance... were you talking about that Youtube video which said it DIDN"T HAVE TO HIT in order to cause any damage to the earth? It will cause a plasma discharge of the earth just by coming close to earth?

I am referring to this video
www.youtube.com...

which is the video referred to on the above posted website.

Of course that whole plasma discharge thing is also bunk.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Every time the Earth is destroyed we find ourselves in a parallel reality where it was a near miss.

You're welcome, glad I could help.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
Every time the Earth is destroyed we find ourselves in a parallel reality where it was a near miss.

You're welcome, glad I could help.

That whole infinite number of parallel universes thing is actually gaining serious ground in the scientific community

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Note that Comet Holmes' nucleus size is estimated at 3.5km/2.2 miles and it had a plasma discharge until the coma was 40% bigger than the Sun, and expanding. Earth's Magnetosphere has a sheath which is positively charged, if TU24 happens to be negatively charged and it passes through Earth's Magneto sheath, the same plasma discharge will occur. That will cause many problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It will not destroy the planet, do not fear, that time has not come yet. There are many things which need to occur which have yet to manifest.

However, we are just about due for a "Final Warning" or "Wormwood Star" style event, drawing from the book of Revelation. The Final Warning may well have been comet Holmes coming into our solar system negatively charged or whatever it was that made it so powerful or dangerous. Or, the comet Shoemaker Levy could've been the Final Warning, showing us this was about to happen to us.

Because from what I understand which is very little, this type of meteor/asteroid would have a chance of breaking up into smaller ones upon entering our Atmosphere. I could be wrong, but thats what I have gotten out of it. It could also come dangerously close but not hit, and yet be negatively charged causing that plasma effect in those videos posted earlier in this thread. But its not the big one, dont worry about that. Just be ready if you live coastal to get to higher ground at a moments notice on any day beyond .. well .. January 24th would be the 1st day that i'd be prepared, up though the end of the month.

That is my only and main fear about it, that it will hit in the ocean causing a Tsunami that made the last one look like a freaking joke. I'm talking a Tsunami that floods the entire east coast of the USA like Katrina did to New Orleans except, in some places, two to three times as deep. Like New York City would only be navigatible with a freaking boat.

And I live in a coastal area in Virginia. I'm within .. 20 miles of the Chesapeake Bay, which is really just part of the Atlantic Ocean.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by runetang]

Edit: Lol I feel so ridiculous getting the Backpack ready, and putting my essential items in it like my folder with my birth certificate and educational diplomas/degrees/whatever, as well as a couple small family heirloom type deals. And a bottle of seeds from a plant I'm not allowed to mention the name of even in a masked manner without getting warned/post-banned. Oh yeah, cant forget the common medications.

[edit on 1/20/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
so, does this mean i better pay my mortgage??

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by damajikninja
Doesn't Revelations say that Wormwood, the comet of Armageddon, will approach from the South?

First people would have to buy into the Revelations and believe in Armageddon.

And if it does hit why would it matter anyhow? We will not be able to stop it, so just enjoy the days you have, either way everyone dies.

Predictions only cause fear. Whenever the word predictions comes up people start to worry.

You only have to believe in the beging to believe in the end.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Man, that is utterly crass and nihilistic. The saddest part is that I'm actually feeling exactly the same way.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by last time here

Actually, the only way to stop this thing is for you to not pay it, then it will turn and careen straight into the sun

You know, I'm supposed to get a big paycheck on the 29th...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

There are a few really good threads to which this sign could very aptly be designated for...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaauroraaaaa

I am referring to this video
www.youtube.com...

which is the video referred to on the above posted website.

Of course that whole plasma discharge thing is also bunk.

Please... Feel free to enlighten us about what really happened in Russia In 1908 with the Tunguska meteorite, which didn't actually crash into earth?

How is plasma discharge bunk?

[edit on 20-1-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here we go again!

Who's our special contestant for this evening!? TU24! Give it up for TU24 folks, will he hit the target or will he not? In this shows long history we've had very few hits upon the species known as "Human" and most of the ones our special contestants managed to pummel in with only left a skid mark upon the brilliant blue surface. Will TU24 live up to Yucatan's name!? Will he be just another near miss? Will he go all the way and do considerable damage? Does he have anything up his sleeves to pull another Dinosmash?

Tune in on January 29th!

Also, don't forget to watch our special on the 30th:

Mars' Attacked.

Seriously folks, this object isn't even on the watch list. Even if this thing managed to defy the considerable odds and did crash into Earth, you'd be left with a relatively small area damaged. The chances of this thing hitting a populated area are so minimal. I don't know about you guys, but, I'm crawling out the fox hole to watch the sunset and sunrise.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join