It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 47
130
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
One thing that is strange to me. Is this:

Why does Arecibo say its to far north on the 29th? They are in Puerto Rico.

2008 Jan 27 20:25-21:21 12 0 0.009 95 411000 44000
2008 Jan 28 20:07-22:31 22 30 0.004 315 11x10^6 649000
...too far north for Arecibo to track on Jan. 29-31...
2008 Feb 01 07:00-08:22 179 36 0.016 98 51000 5600
2008 Feb 02 06:43-08:42 180 33 0.021 118 25000 2600
2008 Feb 03 06:34-08:48 181 31 0.027 113 12000 1200

If this is only suppose to be close to the southern part of the earth then please explain there statement?

Hilda




posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer
 



Nothing is going to come of this event! There is tons of info AGAINST a hit or any possible damage. Why does this go on and on?


So we will know what to look for the next time.

A few questions for those in the know:

1) After viewing the hourly diagram (Feb. 9) on the "JPL Small Body Data Browser" I noticed that 2007 TU24 and 2006 DU 62 are at the same distance from earth at 10 hours apart. How does two or more asteroids change the speed of the other or what would change the speed of an asteroid?

2) 2006 DU 62 (Feb. 9) has no movement for four 2 hour intervals and one 11 hour interval. That is to say, its distance from earth does not change for 11 hours. It remains unchanged. What would cause this?

3) What happens when two meteors collide?



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I admire the intuitive nature of animals. Most people have come to conclude their intuitive abilities are not useful or simply that people do not pay attention to it. I know that when one clears the mind of unnecessary thoughts, the burden it weighs on your consciousness diminishes, letting you 'hear' all the clues and patterns from your sub conscious mind, which have slipped through your conscious mind.

Sit back and relax, in a quiet room, be aware of your immediate environment and you will know.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Just in case anyone still holds to the theory that this is being covered up and the media won't talk about it, here's the link to the article in today's online version of The Australian.

Most other major media haven't got anything on their sites yet but frankly there have been other matters going on as well that people are interested in. Give them time and they'll probably get there.

Those that follow the above link will see it's the standard press release that has been used in some other places as well. I am not trying to assert the accuracy or otherwise of what is said in the article, just pointing out that now (at least) one of the major Australian papers has published it.

Mike



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar
 

Actually it's very simple. That tracker can only get up into the 40-degree north range (and down towards the equator) and asteroid TU24 will be up into the mid-60s at one point -- if I recall data that is linked to back earlier in this thread. (I have lost track of how many hours I've spent reading data about this darned rock!
)

Assertions that it would only be passing across the southern hemisphere were (like so much else about it) completely unfounded. There is no data even that states it would have to hit in the southern hemisphere even if it were to hit at all. I mean, some people who were stating that it would hit in the southern hemisphere were also saying that NASA couldn't accurately compute its orbit (or were keeping back data), so how they could then say where it would hit, without even knowing its track -- I just dunno...

But as it looks like it won't hit it doesn't matter anyway. Like you rightly said, just let it do its Cha-Cha (or Rumba -- I still go for the Rumba)!


Considering that all this uncertainty started from two sources -- a video on youtube which is very pretty but about as scientific as my neighbour's budgie, and a statement by someone that they have a friend (or was it a friend of a friend) who works in NASA who says they're very concerned yadda yadda yadda... It makes me think that this is all set up to either distract us from something else or test public reaction.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by JustMike]



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by hildar
 

Actually it's very simple. That tracker can only get up into the 40-degree north range (and down towards the equator) and asteroid TU24 will be up into the mid-60s at one point -- if I recall data that is linked to back earlier in this thread. (I have lost track of how many hours I've spent reading data about this darned rock!
)

Assertions that it would only be passing across the southern hemisphere were (like so much else about it) completely unfounded. There is no data even that states it would have to hit in the southern hemisphere even if it were to hit at all. I mean, some people who were stating that it would hit in the southern hemisphere were also saying that NASA couldn't accurately compute its orbit (or were keeping back data), so how they could then say where it would hit, without even knowing its track -- I just dunno...

But as it looks like it won't hit it doesn't matter anyway. Like you rightly said, just let it do its Cha-Cha (or Rumba -- I still go for the Rumba)!


Considering that all this uncertainty started from two sources -- a video on youtube which is very pretty but about as scientific as my neighbour's budgie, and a statement by someone that they have a friend (or was it a friend of a friend) who works in NASA who says they're very concerned yadda yadda yadda... It makes me think that this is all set up to either distract us from something else or test public reaction.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by JustMike]


The only thing I guess we can be sure of at this point is that a big rock doing a dance is going to go by us. or maybe not but we can hope and pray it goes by us. I will just sit back until we all know for sure which may never happen. But either way I will be sitting back until I get a good or bad feeling about this until then I am not worrying to much. Of course like you said maybe it is to keep our eyes off something else. So I am watching all of the skies just to see if anything else may be out there.


Hilda

[edit on 24-1-2008 by hildar]



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The funny thing is that a lot of people are like "There's no reason to worry!!!". But that's not the point of the people that think that it's going to hit because these people WANT IT TO HIT SO BADLY, like myself. The world needs indeed to wake up and this would be the perfect gift from god to do the job. I hope it hits right in the center of the Pentagon.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
The funny thing is that a lot of people are like "There's no reason to worry!!!". But that's not the point of the people that think that it's going to hit because these people WANT IT TO HIT SO BADLY, like myself. The world needs indeed to wake up and this would be the perfect gift from god to do the job. I hope it hits right in the center of the Pentagon.


So the death of tens of thousands of people is fine as long as it fits your agenda?

And people say the ones running this country are the idiots.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli
The funny thing is that a lot of people are like "There's no reason to worry!!!". But that's not the point of the people that think that it's going to hit because these people WANT IT TO HIT SO BADLY, like myself. The world needs indeed to wake up and this would be the perfect gift from god to do the job. I hope it hits right in the center of the Pentagon.


Wow. An interesting story, with huge interest here (just see the hits) gets turned into a hate America/down with America angle. Who would have ever guessed. You "want it to hit so badly" is disturbing and is a plea for professional help.

The real interest to me is the scientific resources of the world at this time has inadequate response to an event like this. Too little too late in noticing it, and not adequate enough attention to a situation that has the potential to cause global panic even though it will not hit us.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic

So the death of tens of thousands of people is fine as long as it fits your agenda?

And people say the ones running this country are the idiots.


There's a big difference between invading a country and slaughtering people and a rock heading towards you from outer space. Talking obviously didn't solve things.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by broli

Originally posted by SwatMedic

So the death of tens of thousands of people is fine as long as it fits your agenda?

And people say the ones running this country are the idiots.


There's a big difference between invading a country and slaughtering people and a rock heading towards you from outer space. Talking obviously didn't solve things.


So because talking didnt work they should all die in a fiery impact of a large asteroid?

You sound more like a terrorist than anything else. You are talking about the death of thousands because they dont conform to your way of thinking or what you believe to be the right course of action.

Instead of electing new leaders in a democratic process, they should be slaughtered like the people you speak of?! Pretty sick.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Although some people dont want this rock to hit, and some people do

With some sites stating there's no chance of it hitting anywhere and then others say its the apocalypse.
And as said before it might even pass between our earth and the moon.
The question is, why is this story out online on international news? (outside the U.S).

And where it studied and closely watched in the US, no mainstream news?

This is just all made it, and its not even going to pass near us, like some sources say.
And we're just making a big deal.

sorry no sources. All should be somwhere in the thread



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
let's stay on topic please and discuss the asteroid impact possibilities.

keep the esoteric theories and discussions regarding death of the masses in another topic.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well Ive been into Astronomy for 20 odd years and if you take the available data then this is going to be a non event. And as for Plasma discharge, think about it!
How much of a charge can an object this size have even if it is completely comprised of iron?
And where could it pick up this charge? it must have flown through some rather thick cloud, and seeing as Asteroids come mainly form the Asteroid belt between mars and Jupiter it wouldn´t have come across enough particles to charge it up.

The Solar wind & Aurora effect gives an example a of what would happen, even if a discharge would happen. And no it wouldn´t engulf the whole world like in that one video.

But if anyones interested in seeing it heres some info.

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok
 


that's what I'm saying.
Goverment websites and a few astronomers websites say its a no harm / effect on us (earth).

About plasma discharge, it is possible but very unlikely.

Now what about a sudden change in direction which isn't measurable and still possible?

[EDIT] - spelling


[edit on 24-1-2008 by vanderLinde]



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In relation to this asteroid, I have noticed that it was recently discovered, and also I've noticed that when we are at this point of space in our solar system, we get some near misses. In fact, some have argued that before the great Tsunami in SE Asia, there were reports of people seeing a fireball come down near Indoneasia. I will chack on that to be sure. I wonder how many "surprise" asteroids are out there waiting to happen our way with only a few months warning.

As for this one, the official MOID is still 0012501 which make it 187,585 Klms from Earth, or 122,000 Miles from the Earth, or less than half of one LD.



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yes, I found the reports on meteor sightings just prior to the Dec 24th 2004 Tsunami, with at least one report of an impact. Interesting stuff.


www.shadowresearch.com...



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove
 



As for this one, the official MOID is still 0012501 which make it 187,585 Klms from Earth, or 122,000 Miles from the Earth, or less than half of one LD.


where did you take this info



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetfor_rent
reply to post by Fromabove
 



As for this one, the official MOID is still 0012501 which make it 187,585 Klms from Earth, or 122,000 Miles from the Earth, or less than half of one LD.


where did you take this info


Didn't they say it would be 300,000 something or another miles away? Why the change to 122?



posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by planetfor_rent
reply to post by Fromabove
 



As for this one, the official MOID is still 0012501 which make it 187,585 Klms from Earth, or 122,000 Miles from the Earth, or less than half of one LD.


where did you take this info


I'm sorry for not listing it, here it is. That math you have to do yourself, but it's accurate, else the skeptics would have had me for lunch already.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...



new topics

top topics



 
130
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

log in

join