It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by leira7

I don't think this will cause martial law. I think this will just wipe away things as we know it. If there's millions/billions/everyone dead then how can anyone take over? You really cannot hide or be safe from something like this, I don't think --- Can you?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And,

Could this lack of leadership and communication be the result of a major tug of war going on in the NEO world-wide community? This may be a nuclear test we are about to see......

Ex-Astronaut Says NASA Asteroid Report Flawed

Very interesting read.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well in all truth absolutely know one knows if Comet Holmes caused the 850m devistation in Russia, many theory's talk about earths on unstable "plasma" energy building up and exploding over that area...i forget what they are called, but none the less it is another theory. TU24 is just another one of they many many other foreign objects that pass by earths atmosphere, if we worried about every positively or negatively charged object that passed our atmosphere we would all constantly worry.

But none the less i am excited to see this thing. Anyone know if NASA has posted a time line of when it will be blazing across our skies

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Siekien

Are you referring to the Tunguska event? That has never been attributed to Comet Holmes....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.
_______

Just in case 01/28-29 doesn't pan-out the way we'd like:

Might be a thought to check the link below re things to do pending various earthly disasters. I'm in the process of printing certain certain parts of it and other Disaster Preparedness sites.

FEMA
www.fema.gov...

Dallas

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
badastronomy.com seems to be down (anyone else having this problem?)
and that tu24.com site has been frozen by the owner because of what he says is rude misinformed people from the badastronomy.com site coming over and trashing his site.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't think anyone knows for certain. One thing for sure is that there will be less sattelites circling Earth. Should I change my phone carrier?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by uplander

Well, if I am understanding this correctly, the asteroid is not going to kill us all. There is a possibility of it creating electromagnetic interferences and such, but if it were to hit, it is most likely going to be in the southern hemisphere. Can you imagine the worldwide panic if it did hit, even if the people panicking were not affected? And say it doesn't hit, and instead the negative charge theory comes into play and it causes earthquakes, volcanoes, tsunamis and the like, I see no reason why Bush wouldn't use this to his advantage and call in the national gaurd.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The 30th of January will come and the only thing TU 24 will have done given scientists a detailed view of an asteroid. Hooray for science and rational thought.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Over the years there is always lots of comments about asteroids and comets that could hit our planet. While it is not unlikely there is one other point to consider. Does it stay on course?

I have eluded to this before, some things are not always what they seem and they could very well be under intellegent control. Also, some times what looks like a very bad event coming at us, also misses us because the course is changed along the way cause of let say some help from others.

Now you might say, why would others want to help us? Cause maybe the event was caused by others to begin with and so it is being taken care of for us, since we seem to not be able to do it ourselves.

As for advancement of technology to take care of such potential disastors I would say that there are indeed capability on our part that would not be shared with the general public. But would it be used or not, is a whole other question.

We have gone a long time without a known asteroid strike so I would say lets just not panic and see what transpires. All sorts of things can happen in our lives that we do not see coming or more than not are told the truth about. So no reason to be overly concerned, for in the bigger picture it is really not the end.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by evo80

Originally posted by CavemanDD
reply to post by hildar

we pay like 1.79 or so for a bottle of water up here.

I buy the big 8 litre 5 dollar jugs.. it lasts longer, and its got no poison in it like tap water.

lol just because its in a bottle does not mean it is safe. I used to be a water tester (water treatment system salesman lol) and i tested our 5 gallon jug of "safe" water and it was just as bad as the tap water. This was just one brand though. I also tested a different brand and it came out nice and clear.

About the shipping, I have been feeling compelled to stock up on food and water myself. I do not feel comfortable if I do not have a weeks worth of extra food and water extra. I know a week isnt much, but I used to just shop for what we needed for the next 5 or 6 days.

No I know that. I am completey aware of the whole facade. People feel safer drinking bottled water. It's such a scam and people fall for it.

Heres a tip... if it tastes like pool water... it's not so pure... Last year the city was giving out free water in the summer and it was just like pool water. I'd love to water that comes from a stream or some old glacier but its hard to come by. Everything up here as 0.3 - 0.4 ppm flouride ions. I don't want flouride man.. it builds up on your brain... ask biggiesmalls

Basically, water shouldnt have a taste, besides what little things are floating around in it, like minerals if thats how they chose to filter it. What's rediculous is people think this doesn't taste normal, and that the water with flouride is how water is supposed to taste. Why should I pay to drink their water when I could just drink out my pool?

The water we filter is the same water that comes from a dead ecozone where various factories, the canadian side and american side, dump all their crap.

I don't even know, I have kind of a defeated attitude towards it. I just do it like this... I look at it... if theres no flouride, and it looks honest enough, I'll try it... if it doesn't taste like pool water/ have an after-taste (our tap water has a bit of a kick..what a bunch of crap), ..anyways if it has no crap pool water taste, then I'll drink it

I drink distilled water thats been filtered through minerals.. That could be bad too... but its better then flouride.. If they're both equally bad, well then I guess I can't win.

FACT: A lot of people in this city get kidney stones, more then average in the whole country I think.. our water is CRAP.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Dear L Brent Reynolds,

The object will pass about 1.4 Earth-Moon distances from Earth next week.

Plasma discharges are the least worrisome outcome of asteroid collisions.
See the following site:

www.lpl.arizona.edu...

Best regards --

Steve Ostro

So, your thoughts?

I read in this thread a little and that table with the missing day also rang a small alarm belt in me till I tried to to figure it out at least approximate it with the given datas by calculateing a few fits into the given datas.
Now the numbers in the table lacks resolution and what i figured later also a clear specified timepoint..(they gave a time range!?).

However my result from my own investigation with this datas as base is that it will not hit the earth.
The distance should always be larger than 0.0016AU worst case and more realistic fittet it should be >0.003 AU which makes the 0.0037AU or 1.4 Earth-Moon distance very likely!

The discussion about the Plasma discharge and negative charged astereoid etc is a ridden to me. That's pseudo since simple not possible what you talk here. The force of charges are big big ways stronger than the gravity force. You speak about charged planets and astereoids. If the have any significant charge (and for your plasma bows with the energy to destroy anything over a large distance they have to be big way significant) then the orbits are all determined by their charges and not gravity anymore. The solarsystem would not work. You had chaos orbits.

Interesting is Steve Ostro response. You see he speaks about asteroid collisions not close approach! This is because only in a collising this even makes somehow sense.

His answer is fully believable to me.

the only point to consider might be if the numbers that are put on the web pages are to thrust or maybe intentional not.
But in second case we wouldn't become a honest answered ever anyway.

edit: made it a little more readable

[edit on 23-1-2008 by g210b]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli
reply to post by Yknot

Actually, the Moon turns red moments before a lunar eclipse as the Sun slowly ducks behind Earth projecting the red color of dust onto the Moon.

Actually, the moon turns red during a lunar eclipse for the same reason the sky turns red during sundown. It's because our atmosphere scatters blue light from the sun and actually bends red light.

reply to post by damajikninja

This site, provided by Dr. Ostro, has nothing to do with plasma discharge.

www.lpl.arizona.edu...

He was referring to a plasma discharge followed by a direct hit. However, we are not talking about a direct hit. It seems our kind Dr. has comletely ruled out a chance of Plasma Discharge taking place.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I checked on the distance myself and it is still listed as 187,000 KM, that's between us and the moon. However, I believe when they make these calculations they start at the Earth center, so you shave off about another 4 thousand miles there alone. Since the ateroid will basically be coming up behind us and following for some distance, it is almost beyond any doubt that it is going to be sucked into the Earth's strongest gravity field. To find this point of no return you simply draw a line from the north and south poles ( I think it's 45 degrees into space)and where they intersect is where that point is. Anything outside the point is harmless, anything on it is potentially harmfull, and anything deep inside it... well... I think we all know what that would mean.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I just wonder if this could be a smokescreen for a nuclear attack on iran.

We know the U.S and israel are itching to attack them,

maybe they are going to drop a huge nuclear bomb on them,

blame it on the asteroid, then destroy the asteroid,leaving no evidence.

killing two birds with one stone.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by keithm]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
With some of the more recent information claiming the asteroid will be 1.4 lunar distance form the earth, I am wondering where the moon will be in relation to it's passing.

Also, some of these links weren't accessible. I am assuming they are too busy, and or shut down?

It's also interesting to note that this was a relatively newly discovered asteroid.
I suppose that something such as the alleged changes within the "Electric"solar system (or universe) is contributing greatly to these displaced asteroids etc. Others mention Planet X or specifically the brown dwarf may also be the major factor.

Biblically or actually from "sacred texts" of scholars in history, it also prophecied or warned of these changes within the Heavens or solar system, most likely cyclical as in the Mayan calender.

Maybe this is exactly what it means when they say: "The heavens will be shaken." And "Signs in the heavens."

This isn't about bible thumping, it's about real and natural events that are passed down throughout history. Maybe nothing will happen........this time.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Siekien

Does Extreme Ball Lightning ring a bell?? It sounds like you are describing this exact phenomenon.

Here is some information on the subject....www.holoscience.com...

I, however, do not believe that Ball Lightning was respobsible for the tunguska event. It just does not match the eyewitness accounts.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 23-1-2008 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The BBC are still showing these weird, cryptic-esque images. Today during the six o'clock bulletin, in a segment about global warming, a large image of what clearly appeared to be an Earth-asteroid impact was displayed on the screen behind the newscaster.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I checked on the distance myself and it is still listed as 187,000 KM, that's between us and the moon. However, I believe when they make these calculations they start at the Earth center, so you shave off about another 4 thousand miles there alone. Since the ateroid will basically be coming up behind us and following for some distance, it is almost beyond any doubt that it is going to be sucked into the Earth's strongest gravity field. To find this point of no return you simply draw a line from the north and south poles ( I think it's 45 degrees into space)and where they intersect is where that point is. Anything outside the point is harmless, anything on it is potentially harmfull, and anything deep inside it... well... I think we all know what that would mean.

As I said before this is incorrect.....you are calculating this with the MOID numbers which is only the closest distance it will come to the Earth's Orbit, not the Earth itself.

You have to calculate the distance by the AU, not the MOID.

-B

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad.T
The BBC are still showing these weird, cryptic-esque images. Today during the six o'clock bulletin, in a segment about global warming, a large image of what clearly appeared to be an Earth-asteroid impact was displayed on the screen behind the newscaster.

I saw it too.

picture of earth behind presenter with what looked like an impact on the right hand edge.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join