It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well thankyou and my hats off to all you all for supplying such great information to keep us abreast of the situation. I did try to go out and watch for TU24, but to no avail, it was cloudy and so it was a no go. This has been the most interesting thread I have had the pleasure to be a part of in quite a while. I guess if you are like me, even if something catastrophic was to come I would rather go down informed and prepared than blindly. Again thankyou for all of your hard work and dedication.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
congratulations psy ops for another successfull mind ****.

your masters are butchers who do nothing but evil.

in 20 years time when your kin are in trouble,nowones going to help them as there will no humanity or kindness left upon this earth,your hands are forever red.

ps i care about you more than your masters ever will,i am there for you out of kindess not for what you can do for me.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by welivefortheson]

[edit on 29-1-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, here we are safe and sound on January 28th, 2008- Guess the Ohio Caveman's cheese slid of his cracker after all.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I don't dispute the magnetosphere didn't have anything to do with the asteroid, but all in all, there wasn't even really mild craziness with the weather.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We had strong winds here yesterday and also in Las Vegas. Than I noticed quite a few members here were reporting strong winds, from various parts of the country. That seemed strange to me and I came to the conclusion that TU24 did have an impact on our planet. What makes me a little ticked-off was the extreme lack of news on this object, especially towards the end. I didn't hear until late yesterday that TU24 wasn't going to hit! Makes me believe that the scientist weren't sure, until the last minute. Is it too much to ask for them to be more upfront and honest with us? Maybe we would not have seen so many exaggerated stories and scare mongers! If they're trying not to panic the people......
I believe the Silence and Lack of information is NOT the way to go about it.
That's my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yesterday started with freezing rain snow (bout an inch maybe 2)
And ended with temps in the 50's . Was a slightly odd day for weather . But where i live its known to change drastically over the course of a few hours .

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

... Asteroid related or not, the solar space environment seems to be having an effect on the weather around here..

We are going from 40 degrees down to 8, in a matter of hours tonight. It is supposed to hit around 7pm eastern and start dropping dramatically. I have NEVER seen this dramatic of a variance over such a short time scale. And I'm not the only one, someone else posted about similar change in their area.

www.wunderground.com...

People who think that the solar environment and space physics have nothing to do with Earthly weather, are still operating under the outdated, closed-system paradigm. But in reality, with a proper understanding of space physics and non-linear, open-systems, it is plain to see that our planet and atmosphere are immersed in an open-system where solar activity and other factors external to our planet indeed have an effect.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Ionized]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juicy
reply to post by robertfenix

K, I'll play. What letter does the city start with?

That would be the letter "P" located just south of another city "P" who's name is mentioned in a tag line from the 40's and 50's and was popular in the music industry. " If it will play in......

Ok call me lazy but anyone know the orbital period for TU24, as the solar system gets closer to the GC it is possible that on the next orbit TU24 may not be so far out....

[edit on 29-1-2008 by robertfenix]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
As is becoming normal echo.jpl.nasa... offline. I was hunting for fresh radar or or optical imaging. I have not checked any other sites besides NEODys and IAF... I will though. Listen, normally NASA sites are near-100% reliable... some of the best there were... just when you go and look for the stuff "we" really want... poof, gone. Or click and a blank white page. The "new NASA" at 50? Reload dat stack. Shana Dale scares me... Griff I can understand... Dale? The next director for sure. Um, interesting political situation with that lady.

Has NASA gone goth or something? Like a decade or so ago when cops stopped wearing blue and went black... there is a change in tone at NASA... even with the new dork-master 5000 website.

Not to advocate or recruit but it'd be hip to have folks inside NASA... on the QT. Just regular Jack and Jills, outting the inside, no names - never trust a white shirt 100%. It'd be handy for times a comin'. It's easy to confirm data... the original aquisition of that data? Yeah, that's what I want.

The ladies in my life let me sleep... yeah, I missed two "not so important" meetings... I'm not even going to read my morning brief because it's afternoon. The office is in good hands anyway... just a couple of weeks and no more day job!!!!

I want an optical photo of 2007TU24. I can hope... buddy in France, no track (this friend has awesome ISS/STS pics), bubby-bud in Mexico actually saw it... but couldn't track without a motor drive (optical tele). Haven't heard from my mate in Churchill.

On to WD, and STS. I used to try and report the STS stuff but it gets co-opted... sometimes in ways that detracts from the study, so I don't anymore on public sites, it's no fun chasing waterfalls and having people with an agenda trash it. But that's all normal-normal in the age of "persuasion".

I'll post what I can find ASAP.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 29-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
From Sky News:

Telescopes Out For Asteroid Close Shave

An asteroid the size of up to six football pitches is to set to whistle past Earth close enough for anyone with a telescope to watch.

It is hoped the rocky mass of between 500ft and 2,000ft will miss the planet by a smidge of about 334,000 miles, taking it only just outside the Moon's orbit.

And scientists say that seeing the asteroid, called 2007 TU24, sweep by is a rare opportunity for amateur astronomers - but like most things, it depends on the weather.

At least the mainstream media have finally acknowledged this thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Hey V Kaminski,
You really added alot to this thread along with so many others and I hope that you do continue with the thread, especially some sort of good pic at our alien UT24, thanks for adding such an intelligent perspective and will be looking forward to your valuable insights here on ATS,
gwhint

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I am eager to see some pics here too! If you could, shoot me a u2u so I won't have to weed through when you do get it because I have to work a bit now. Bet it was really cool to see though. Maybe I should invest in a telescope one of these days. Of course I know nadda about telescopes!
Can you see stuff during the daytime with them? Sorry if it was a stupid question, dont laugh!

If I say the letter of my city it will give it away. I am nestled between Springfield and Champaign.

apc

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainStar

We touched 60 yesterday and today it's in the teens with snow and high winds. It's like a mini blizzard out there and yesterday I wore shorts!

I don't think the asteroid has anything to do with it though. They've been forecasting this since last week. So unless the National Weather Service is now taking space-rocks into account...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
well I will have to say that I went to bed last evening
and slept peacefully without a doubt in mind that we'd
still all be here today. While the winds may have
been in turmoil and the electrons or ionosphere or
whatever after effects people have posted about,
it is still an unknown whether TU24 caused these effects
on this earth as we have no way of knowing if they
would have occurred naturally without or not.
I think a lot of folks just got upset over nothing
and paranoia took over their daily routine.

With all that being said:

This would have to be the biggest non-event of the
21st century in my opinion. (that is unless you count
the UFO disclosure folks have said are coming as well)
Oh well .... a rock passed in outer space. Big whoop !!!
They do it all the time. It's about time somebody stay
up to date on their blood pressure meds

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

hi there,
please do keep us informed as it would be cool to see some great shots of it.

thanks for your input.

snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

Hey Champaign, mythical home of HAL and SAL. I loved SAL's voice in 2010... Candy Bergen. Meee-yeow! Yup J' a u2u link a soon as I get something . I'm betting it's brown and a "bent potato" shape. With an optical shot we could tell much... it's size... a bunch of stuff.

Anyone near HAARP? Did you feel or hear "the big hum"? Before during or after UTC 8:33 Jan 29th? Fingers-crossed.

Telescopes aren't that complicated... wear glasses? Same thing. Certain teles with the right combo of filters will show stuff during the day... not much but more than nothing. If you have kids... get them an old optical at a garage sale for starters. Then try and NOT look J'. Try it. Just look at the Moon for starters... it's easy to find. Peter Grego did a nice Moon Observer's Guide that I enjoyed... it's a Firefly Book.

Don't worry about orbital stuff too much... it gets complicated but is fun for sure. I love the chase.

Vic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Juicy

I agree. I went back and looked at the history of the magnetoshpere and there was an increase in pressure and some fluctuations from blue to a hot white and red. But the asteroid was small, and it was beyond the moon, so I'm glad for that. When it passed by the Earth, the magnetosphere calmed down again. Solar activity was constant thoughout the whole episode. So what I believe is that the asteroid was negative, but it's size and distance had a lot to do with insignifcant weather events. Had it come in closer, say 100 thousand miles, and been a bit bigger, I think we would have seen a "northern lights" display to tell grandchildren, communication outages, and weather events. So at least from the data we all observed, I would think we could say at least that the asteroid was negatively charged. Good thing it was far enough away.

BTW, I understand that the effect it would have had was in doing some things to the jet streams that infuence weather.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Asteroid missed then

what a surprise

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
reply to post by Juicy

Had it come in closer, say 100 thousand miles, and been a bit bigger, I think we would have seen a "northern lights" display to tell grandchildren, communication outages, and weather events. So at least from the data we all observed, I would think we could say at least that the asteroid was negatively charged. Good thing it was far enough away.

BTW, I understand that the effect it would have had was in doing some things to the jet streams that infuence weather.

Actually there were Northern Lights in Nanisivik last night. I phoned a girlfriend in Fro' bay but just got her machine. I contend that 2007TU24 was neutral in charge. No plasma trail. Sorry.

How far away was it? Really? Unless I use NASA numbers I can't not get it at around 92000 statute miles E MOID. How did it affect the Jet Stream? I've never heard that but would be willing to listen any reasonable explanation with supporting citation. You could be correct.

Cheers,

Vic

EDIT: To add 3 day proton and electron charts and the early approach radar pic.

ANOTHER EDIT: TU24.org... OK we're 11 hours past closest approach right? Every conceivable parameter is at or below normal values today. Um, they are rating "risk severe". Hum-dee-doh-dee-doh. OK. What will they rate it when something worth worrying about is coming in hot and terminal??? "Above Really Severe Risk", ultra-nasty-bad potential factor 9? LOL. Oh, my. I trust NASA more than those folks... and many will already know how I feel about NASA. Wink. They'll be fun to keep honest... great sport.

Vic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What a wild ride thread! I missed most the fun here.. As when I am at work I kinda wish something did hit this planet so I could get out of work..
Primal thinking anyway.. I guess we as a people secertly wish for something like this to happen.. Untill it happens.. Then all our secert subminds take a different route..
Life is just werid.. No putting ones finger on it.. But I can taste it like the flour that sticks to the back of my mouth when making a cake..

So no dice this time eh? Good.. Im glad it missed us.. Honestly..

Now I can go back to work like every other grunt in this world does...

[edit on 29-1-2008 by zysin5]

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join