It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid 2007 TU24 has NASA concerned.

page: 101
<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

doesn't seem like they put much thinking effort into it. atleast they could have picked a place where it is actually daylight at. haha.

it pisses me off, its fear mongering, knowing that people are already worried, and then posting something like this for kicks.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

i

isn't the photo stored in your cache of Internet explorer or firefox

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So.... i was over looking the skies & from the sun i saw VERY rapid movement very color full skies it was going NUTS!. My boyfriend does not believe me.. he also thinks I'm nuts.

Maybe i should get back on my med :S

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

The weather can change. There is magnetic weather. Actually the ground track of TU24 wasn't near there at all almost 60 degrees over. It would be interesting just to see what the short term MSM news is.

Here is the most recent data from NEODys it's computed for about 10 or so minutes from now.

Absolute Magnitude (H) 20.551
Slope parameter (G) 0.15
Perihelion (AU) 0.9466
Aphelion (AU) 3.0734
Asc. node-Earth sep. (AU) -0.0018
Desc. node-Earth sep. (AU) 1.73689
Earth MOID (AU) 0.00099
Orbital period (days) 1040.84
Date of orbit computation Jan 29 09:37

When you work out the Earth MOID in miles... that's a celestial close-shave. The orbital intersection is most important, that's where car accidents happen. No stops signs or brakes eh.

Cheers,

Vic

[edit on 29-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

Certainly. I mean, just the mindset of these people is telling. To want to purposely trick other people... for what? Selfish purposes that serve no one but the hoaxer, and damage the credibility of people trying to come forth with legitimate intentions & research in the paranormal field.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by ThePiemaker]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

if you want to check the old image look for firefox in about:cache type in your browser

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

Nearly 100,000 points for a single post. Plus 120 flags. Countless stars. Not bad. At least some in the science community are now aware that ATS is a home for science as well as science fiction!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Wow how did he receive that many? Was he given by a mod or something?

reply to post by newworldnews2007

Can anybody do that and find an original?

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51

Nearly 100,000 points for a single post. Plus 120 flags. Countless stars. Not bad. At least some in the science community are now aware that ATS is a home for science as well as science fiction!

I hope they are watching......... we are watching them

Cheers
Mungo

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
[

Wow how did he receive that many? Was he given by a mod or something?

As we say in Aus.... #@*$# if I know

You want em?

Mungo

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
This is the best I could recover out of my internet cache. This is during the pass -

bp0.blogger.com...

And this one is after -

bp2.blogger.com...

Neither have been altered, just the file name.

I'm aware our weather changes, but that is an awfully large change within a space of an hour when we're supposed to be at solar minimum, the same hour TU24 passes. I'm not trying to link the two together, but it's a pretty sweet coincidence.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
SUPER MOD>>>>OWNERS

Please take my points......... spread them evenly about those who took an active part

I DO NOT WANT THEM.

People seem to have points envy............ they are the ones who should not have them

I was only asking a question........End of story.

Mungo

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

This thread is a special, "Breaking Alternative News". You can get 50 points each time a member replies. A big difference with most of the threads.

The mods, subject matter experts or any of the owners can applause the OP and will give the OP a basic 500 points.

I think the owners can give extra points to members at will.

mungodave well deserved this IMO.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by V Kaminski
Um... I'm Waaaaaaaaaaaaiting. OK use my numbers UTC 8:34:12. Nope. Dang. My cat broke wind. EM pulse obviously. The smell is over--gag--choke.... tell my wife I love her.

Victim

Dateline SoCal: Also reporting aberrant gas emissions from canine source. Must open windows. Too cold. Might have to repaint apartment this weekend. Could be related?

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Well, you deserve it. Despite the off-topic mumbo jumbo that somehow kept going and going, the thread was both informative and educational. With all of the websites that have simulators for space weather and the Earth's magnetosphere, and NASA's JPL Small Database Browser, most of them I've never even known existed, this thread provided our minds with something relatively real to chew on. Consider your earnings a gift even if you do not believe that you did anything special to earn them. By asking a question, you delivered important news. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Areal51

Nice... I thank you

Cheers

Mungo

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Gotta say... I got my head down.........
Incoming............ bag of "I told You So"'s... (but I didnt)

Mungo

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
HA the main thing i learned about this thread is im not as bad as i thought. I thought i really worried about doomsday and asteroids but after seeing some of the people in this thread they make me look totally sane.

All the observatories said it would not cause any problems, Nasa said it would not , astronomers said it would not. That Tu24.org was nothing but a fear site and dont you people say oh this was a good thing lol. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken #### and thats what this thread was a big fear mongering pile of dung. Now people are gonna try to spin this thread as positive.
Typical.

The only thing i learned from this thread is their are way more people with bigger probs than i when it comes to this doomsday stuff.

See asteroids scare me but im LOGICAL about it. Now for the I told you so.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by ncuncfan2006]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Here are some pictures. Not sure if this was posted before. I didn't notice.

First Image of Approaching Asteroid

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yep you deserved them points well, mungo and I congratulate you for it.

Why are the pictures of the asteroid so damn blurry and poor and pixelated? I thought we had enough advanced technology?

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheoOne]

top topics

<< 98  99  100    102  103  104 >>

join