It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Purchases 99,000 Acre Hide-Away in Paraguay!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I remember reading about this. Nice little getaway IF he actually ever gets charged for any of his crimes. At the rate things are going though, he appears untouchable.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

I don't blame him. He probably doesn't want to be drug through the streets by an angry crowd like Mussolini. (that guy in Italy)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pc is here

Very possible!

As I mentioned before, I would like to see the major news networks report on this...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Whats super interesting about all of this is the fact that Paraguay is specifically mentioned in many 2012 predictions as a "safe zone" that will be relatively unaffected by the global disasters.

Yup, it has been mentioned several times as a safe zone on various interviews on coast to coast am.

Just out of curiosity, whats the secret service policy for protecting former presidents if they relocate to a foreign country?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What I find most interesting/curious is that no one can seem to locate a chunk of land, purchased by a sitting US President in a foreign country, that takes two and a half hours to drive around at 60mph. Where on googlearth is it?! I can find my house, but not this "ranch."

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
lol and people wonder where the Nazi comparisons come from Bush sure doesn't do much to distance himself....

[edit on 21-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Where on googlearth is it?! I can find my house, but not this "ranch."

If they could give an accurate report of the definite area, it could be nailed, but right now the reports conflict. You can see the huge airstrip near the Western TBA just type in "Mariscal Estigarribia". What is interesting doing the research on this is learning about the huge landgrab by foreign instituitions corporations absolutely plundering the country and displacing locals. Incidentally it's been run by fascist dictators for over 50 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
They built a firebase for 500+ US marines at nearby Mariscal Estigarribia (news.bbc.co.uk...). Don't take my word for it go look at it on Google Earth...

yeah, the excuse for the base was Al-quida (sp?)
seriously...
in South America...
Terrorists...

This guy finds excuses to invade anywhere apparently

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
"The kings of the earth, the princes, the commanding officers, the rich, the strong, and every slave and free person, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains."

i've heard he believes in this stuff....

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
/thinks to self, Bush doesn't close American borders and supports amnesty...

uses this as to play on the hearts and minds of those in south America that he loves the latin people, then tries to take control...

now THAT would be interesting...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Seems like I've heard of movie stars and CIA guys moving their families down to central america too. I believe Dr. Bill Deagle has mentioned that. Seems like a trend. Anyone know any names?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Bush to rush bill to get Warcrime Immunity

The Congress and Senate have already passed this bill to redefine the treatment of detainees.

From Bush-Cheney Escape War Crimes Prosecution

Jack Cafferty:

"Here's the deal:

Under the War Crimes Act, violations of the Geneva Conventions are felonies, in some cases punishable by death. When the Supreme Court ruled that the Geneva Convention applied to al Qaeda and Taliban detainees, President Bush and his boys were suddenly in big trouble. They've been working these prisoners over pretty good. In an effort to avoid possible prosecution they're trying to cram this bill through Congress before the end of the week before Congress adjourns. The reason there's such a rush to do this? If the Democrats get control of the House in November this kind of legislation probably wouldn't pass.

You wanna know the real disgrace about what these people are about to do or are in the process of doing? Senator Bill Frist and Congressman Dennis Hastert and their Republican stooges apparently don't see anything wrong with this. I really do wonder sometimes what we're becoming in this country."

Maybe Dubya won't have to move to South America after all... they sure pulled a fast one on us this time!

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don't think he is planning to live there, the reservoir of fresh water is one if not the biggest in the world. And water is going to be the next oil. It's just greed

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Whats super interesting about all of this is the fact that Paraguay is specifically mentioned in many 2012 predictions as a "safe zone" that will be relatively unaffected by the global disasters.

Really? Now that is interesting. Does anyone have any links related to this? With the Norwegian seed vault, the supposed underground bunker complexes for the elite, and the Bush family's land acquisition, I can't help but think that the more informed of us are becoming rather fearful.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I read somewhere that in the event of a bunch of nuclear bombs being shot off in the Northern hemisphere, that a lot less of the radiation would fall over that area. Interestingly, the twins have spent a lot of time down in S. America. One even got arrested, what was it for, shoplifting, wasn't it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This has been denied by the U.S. Gov:

usinfo.state.gov...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There's also a controversial goldmining project in the area (in Argentina, I think) that has caused protests as it is likely to polute the water ressources.

Maybe he's gonna sell water to his corporate mining buddies.

BTW, this issue isn't new at all, and a secret it can only be to faux news addicts. It's more than 15 month ago it broke.

Here's the oldest thread on the story from the first page out 20 or so.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm all for recycling, so it's cool with me. Everybody should know this story.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well the Saudi's control the oil, admittedly a dwindling commodity, so what else is there? Water of course.

I found this little nugget and thought I would throw it in this thread. It's starting to make sense now, what with all the insane speculation on commodities, the Decider's corporate love-fest and his and Cheney's uncanny ability to make money by exploiting people's suffering and fear.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

...accusations are clouding international efforts to develop the Guaraní Aquifer. And the rumors come at a time when water may be joining oil as one of the world's most fought-over commodities.

Stretching beneath parts of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay, the Guaraní Aquifer is an underground system of water-bearing rock layers covering 460,000 square miles (1.2 million square kilometers)—an area larger than Texas and California combined (map of South America).

The International Atomic Energy Agency says the Guaraní may be big enough to supply drinking water to 360 million people on a sustainable basis.

[edit on 7/5/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It was originally reported by The Cuban news service that George W. Bush has purchased 98,840 acres in Paraguay, near the Bolivian/Brazilian border.

Jenna Bush paid a secret diplomatic visit to Paraguayan President Nicanor Duarte and U.S. Ambassador James Cason. There were no press conferences, no public sightings and no official confirmation of her 10-day trip.

The Paraguayan Senate voted to “grant U.S. troops immunity from national and International Criminal Court (ICC) jurisdiction.”

Immediately afterwards, 500 heavily armed U.S. troops arrived with various planes, choppers and land vehicles at Mariscal Estigarribia air base, which happens to be at the northern tip of Paraguay near the Bolivian/Brazilian border. More have reportedly arrived since then.

All the paperwork and deeds and such are secret. But somehow the news leaked that a new “land trust” created for Bush had purchased nearly 100,000 acres near the town of Chaco.

America’s ambassador to Paraguay, James Cason. Bush posted Cason in Havana in 2002, but the following year moved him to Paraguay.

Cason apparently gets around. A former “political adviser” to the U.S. Atlantic Command and ATO’s Supreme Allied Commander Atlantic, Cason has been stationed in El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Panama … basically everywhere the U.S. has run secret and not-so-secret wars over the past 30 years.

Here’s a fun question for Tony Snow: Why might the president and his family need a 98.840-acre ranch in Paraguay protected by a semi-secret U.S. military base manned by American troops who have been exempted from war-crimes prosecution by the Paraguyan government?

Here’s a little background on the base itself, which Rumsfeld secretly visited in late 2005:

U.S. Special Forces began arriving this past summer at Paraguay’s Mariscal Estigarribia air base, a sprawling complex built in 1982 during the reign of dictator Alfredo Stroessner. Argentinean journalists who got a peek at the place say the airfield can handle B-52 bombers and Galaxy C-5 cargo planes. It also has a huge radar system, vast hangers, and can house up to 16,000 troops. The air base is larger than the international airport at the capital city, Asuncion.

Paraguayan denials that Mariscal Estigarribia is now a U.S. base have met with considerable skepticism by Brazil and Argentina. There is a disturbing resemblance between U.S. denials about Mariscal Estigarribia, and similar disclaimers made by the Pentagon about Eloy Alfaro airbase in Manta , Ecuador. The United States claimed the Manta base was a “dirt strip” used for weather surveillance. When local journalists revealed its size, however, the United States admitted the base harbored thousands of mercenaries and hundreds of U.S. troops, and Washington had signed a 10-year basing agreement with Ecuador.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Reagan had his astrologers. I swear w has a remote viewer. The larger question is 'what is going to happen here?' for him to feel necessity to move 'there'. I hope Chavez has a little sometin' sometin' waiting for him.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A wealthy American businessman making a financial investment in land outside the United States? UNHEARD OF!!! My God, if he's actually doing this, the same thing thousands of other wealthy investors have done for decades, then all the fears and stories about him must be true!

Let's face a fact, everyone who has posted in this thread ridiculing the man would jump all over him if a story came out that he'd bought a back scratcher at a flea market to reach a pesky itch just above his buttocks. That would lead to such insightful comments as "Don't his cronies in Al-CIAda also suffer from ocassional back itch? Hmmm, makes ya wonder." and "Does anyone know if Haliburton owns stock in that back scratcher company because clearly Bush bought it to pad their wallets!" and who can leave out this: "The Shrub's grandfather was rumored to have contact with a secret agent from Nazi Germany that knew of plans by the Thyssen company to produce back scratchers. CLEAR proof that Bush is Hitler and we're becoming Nazi Germany!!! OMG! OMG!"

Sometimes adults purchase property as an investment. When said property has natural resources on it, it makes that property just that much more valuable. We adults then hold the deed to that property until such a time as the value of it rises to a level where selling the land nets you a great return on that investment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join