It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My weird 'old' beliefs... do you have any?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I stay under your bed if you'd like...

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This naughtyness has got to stop!

Jen, RD, in my office.....

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Who says I'm being naughty!

What are we gonna do in your office whaaa?
Recieve a little discipline?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My dad had "Junior" attached to his name and had me convinced he was one of the "Junior's" of "Danny & the Juniors." He told me, he sang the "oh baby" part on "At The Hop." And I believed him.Lol

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
If you undo your belly button your bum will fall off.

It's not weird...

It's true.

MonKey

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Yes, my momma would unscrew my belly button and tell me to hold on to my 'fanny' or it would fall off.
Also, someone told me that if I ate the crusts off bread that my hair would get curly!
Back then my hair was blond and so stright that perms fell out, but now my hair is darker and curly, with cowlicks.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've never heard that one.

My grandma used to give us a hand full of salt (they lived on a farm) and she told us if we snuck up on a bird and threw a pinch of salt on it's tail...it couldn't fly anymore. We would spend hours trying to catch us a bird...and my grandma was in the house the whole time enjoying her time alone because we were out of her hair

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Now I'm pretty sure that you know that 'fanny' is the front bum in the UK and not the backside as it is in the US.

So therefore it's quite freaky that your mum would say that to you!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

i used to tell people my full name and end Carls Jr. at the end of it because i was a junior too

im not gonna use my real name but i would say something like

Dame Thomas Bosh Carls Jr

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

I've never heard of that!
Where I'm from it was impolite to say butt, or worse(the other word)
I was born near Atlanta.

Fanny has always meant butt!

Tell him, Jensouth.

Also,
I too, used to run through the yard trying to catch birds, Jen.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey

Now I'm pretty sure that you know that 'fanny' is the front bum in the UK and not the backside as it is in the US.

lol it is that way in Australia also, I was shocked when I first heard it said in a sentence by an American
I still get a good giggle out of hearing it in that context.

When I was young one belief that stayed with me the longest and I was most adamant about was that I would never let my arms or legs hang over the edge of the bed for fear 'something!" under the bed would eat any dangling limbs. If I woke up and a leg was hanging off the bed I'd be mortified and wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

lol

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
[

Fanny has always meant butt!

Tell him, Jensouth.

Also,
I too, used to run through the yard trying to catch birds, Jen.

Fanny always meant butt around my house. As in get your fanny in here right now...then was followed with the "FULL" name of whom-ever was going to get it.

Did you try to catch birds with the salt too? Hours of fun for kids.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jensouth31

I think us running around with salt shakers was more for the parents to have some time to themselves.
I thought that a watermelon was growing in my belly once.( from a seed I ate)

Not to mention being found as a baby in the 'cabbage patch'.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I think us running around with salt shakers was more for the parents to have some time to themselves.

Of course it was.....it took me years to figure that out when I was a kid

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Heck I still have the belief that if I dangle my legs over the bed while sleeping someone will get me. It's actually not really a belief, more of a feeling. I just feel unsafe when my legs are dangling off the bed, or even out of the blanket.

When I was in 3rd grade, one of my friends who grew up in a religious freako family told me that demons were out to get all of us and if you see white lines in your room in the darkness, it was a demon after you.

So of course after that I saw small white lines of light in my dark room every night and slept in my parents room for a good month or so after that.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We used to go on camping trips with my moms work when i was little. There was like 10 different familes on 3 lots or w/e...So anyways all the adults would tell the kids that their are creatures that come out at night called Snypes and Jackalopes.

Snypes were supposedly small birds mixed with reptillians...I always pictured them as little dinosaurs when i was little. One of the dads one time ripped one of his plastic grocery bags we used to catch them in and told me a snype had ran right rhough it. I was so convinced that these things were real i would spend hours trying to catch them. I look back at this and laugh....all that free time I gave my mom.....

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Snypes...how funny
My dad use to torture us with werewolves and something he called a rookarooks..I still don't know what that is, but I was sure it ran around in the dark with red glowing eyes.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
werewolves huh? I was terrified of big foot pokin' his head in my tent every night, every time i went camping until i was like 13...haha...never did see that big foot

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Too much eye make-up will make you go blind.

Step on a crack and break your mother's back.

If you keep crossing yours eyes they're gonna stick that way!

If you blow out all the candles on your birthday cake with the first puff you will get your wish.

Opening up an umbrella in the house brings bad luck.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainStar
Too much eye make-up will make you go blind.

There actually could be some truth to that one. Think of all the chemicals that eye make-up is made out of. If you wear too much if could potentially leak into your eye and cause eye damage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join