It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tawa, the Sun God, and Spider Woman (Kokyanwuhti), the Earth Goddess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I had the most vivid meditation to date yesterday:

I saw myself standing amongst the stars. I was just admiring them, star gazing. I noticed that some stars had people living in them. Some did not.
(I thought when I saw that about the constellations, signs of the Zodiac)

As I was standing there, I saw a person walk towards me. He was a huge dark man who wore a robe. The robe smouldered he was so dark. As I looked at him, I noticed there were all these baby spiders on the robe.

He was a terrifying sight but I wasn't scared. I just stood there quite in awe of him. He took off the robe and told me I would need to wear it.

I put the robe on. He pointed for me to go into this dark place. There is no light there at all except for my own. As soon as I put the robe on, I could not see my body, only my head which gave off a little light. (Oh, I wish I could draw, it would make it easier to explain)

I walked into the darkest place I have ever been, it is so dark it is difficult to see. There was only me in this dark place or so I thought. I looked to see if I could see anything. There was only one tiny little star there.

I saw some gas swirling around and walked into it to see what it was. It was the beginning of a planet or new life in this dark place.

I walked back out of the gas and just stood in the dark for a while, wondering why I was there.

I then saw, this enormous spider come out of the dark, as if it had been hiding there and it came over to me. I thought to myself, "oh, maybe these baby spiders belong to her?" So, I took the baby spiders off the robe and gave them to her.

All the baby spiders ran off and climbed on her back. I felt really happy. I was so happy to see that the spiders found their Mother.

I took off the robe and walked back out of the dark place, leaving the Mother Spider and the babies there.

Now, this is where it gets fascinating:

I came out of the dark and walked back into the night sky again. I just sat there looking at all of the stars and life there.

Then I saw the Mother Spider come along with all the baby spiders. She was busy. It was like she hadn't been in that part of the sky for a long time and so she had much work to do.

I watched her work. She was going through the sky taking stars out of it. Wrapping them up in a web and pulling them through the sky to put them in one area. She literally pulled or sorted out a third of the stars and put them all together in one spot.

I saw her then, wrapping those stars up like they were eggs and tossing them down onto the planets. Taking them out of the night sky. It was amazing to see that.

Then after she had done that, she just sat there in the night sky keeping a check on everything.

I saw one star zoom off to go to Earth, she caught it before it got there and placed it in her web.

From this I felt like I had met the Mother of All Living.
I had heard that the Hopi's had a creation myth about a Mother Spider:

In the beginning there were only two: Tawa, the Sun God, and Spider Woman (Kokyanwuhti), the Earth Goddess. All the mysteries and the powers in the Above belonged to Tawa, while Spider Woman controlled the magic of the Below... Hopi Creation Myths

I feel ecstatic today. I believe I have been shown something that is very special.

I have always believed in the Mother. Religion killed the Mother. Without the Mother, there would be no life.

The Tarantula nebula is the largest emission nebula in the sky and also one of the largest known star-forming regions in all the Milky Way's neighbouring galaxies. Located about 170,000 light-years away, in the southern constellation Dorado (The Swordfish), it can be seen with the unaided eye.Cosmic Spider is Good Mother

Tarantula Nebula

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ah well, no hits!

I was interested to discuss this...

It may have got lost in amongst the other threads so just bumping it in the hope that might get some comments!

cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hm, interesting experience. It sounds like a shamanic journey. I think we do that sometimes spontaneously.
Any idea what this all means?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hi there, no I don't have any real idea of what it means.

but, I did feel estatic about the Mother.

and then to find out AFTER my meditation that there is the Tarantula Nebula which forms stars was amazing.

I do feel religion killed the Mother. Perhaps God had a bust up with his wife and got bitter and twisted?

who knows really but I am impressed of what I saw and then to discover the Nebula... perhaps it is just a private internal thing to see that? Either way, I got a buzz from it.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Umm pretty fascinating read (considering I had a umm similar dream some time ago ) , could you please elaborate on the meditation technique that you use ? I assume you had to be in deep meditation to get that vision , right ?

Also could you please elaborate on the look of the mother ? (anything strange about her looks?)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have also been dreaming of spiders, they are trying to tell me something, but I cant seem to hear them. They are popping up at me all through the day - laundry - steps - etc...
During some research on spiders and dreams, they seem to have a protective and or powerful influence on the dreamer - others have said they are creation itself....but im interested in finding out about dream spiders, as mine seem desperate to tell me something. Have you had any others like this one?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

Firstly... I apologise for not responding sooner. I completely missed this.

could you please elaborate on the meditation technique that you use ? I assume you had to be in deep meditation to get that vision , right ?

Well, I just lay down and close my eyes and allow my mind to wander. Sometimes I don't see anything at all but other times I see a movie of some sort.

Perhaps I find it easy as I have been meditating a long time?
I started off with Shirley MacLaine's Inner workouts:

WOW just found it on YouTube!!

There are a lot of links from this url:

www.youtube.com...

*sorry, I don't know how to embed the video...

There is a lot around, but I found MacLaines to be the quickest with respect to a 'deep' state of meditation.

Also could you please elaborate on the look of the mother ? (anything strange about her looks?)

The Mother was a Spider. Perhaps it is symbolic?
A huge black spider carrying all of these baby spiders on her back.
So no human features.

When I came out of the meditation I knew that the Hopi Peoples' had a myth about a spider so googled to find out. Then to find the nebula...

Amazing...

[edit on 16-2-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kunama
I have also been dreaming of spiders, they are trying to tell me something

Hello, sorry for the delay in responding...

Well, I don't know much of interperating dreams but a friend of mine who is Native American, whenever she sees a spider she believes her Grand Mother is with her or protecting her, guiding her.

During some research on spiders and dreams, they seem to have a protective and or powerful influence on the dreamer

This seems to fit in with what my friend believes!

Others have said they are creation itself....but im interested in finding out about dream spiders, as mine seem desperate to tell me something. Have you had any others like this one?

No, this is the only time I have seen a spider.

Why don't you try to meditate on it? If you feel that there is a message for you, then perhaps meditating might help to find out what the message is?

The creation side of things, considering the nebula is the:

...largest emission nebula in the sky and also one of the largest known star-forming regions in all the Milky Way's neighbouring galaxies.Source

Not sure if it gets better than that!

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Oh big thanks to Byrd!!

Just read this in another thread and great to read this!

Posted by Byrd, on November 8, 2006 Blue Star Kachina - The Eye of God

In traditional teachings, there is no "great spirit"; the people were made by Grandmother Spider.

I feel I met in my meditation the Grandmother Spider

new topics

top topics

join