It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the FOIA mostly disinfo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Doesn't it seem odd that they are disclosing secrets? Are they hiding the real secrets? I don't think they would give away all of their secret information. That would allow enemies to know all about our government. Doesn't it seem like the FOIA is not really a freedom of information act because the information that is being dispersed is really not free and controlled/censored? How are they getting away with a conspiracy like this that screams misinformation?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
They are giving away the information that does not matter in the scheme of national security.

It may make you think, "OMG I AM ON TO SOMETHING, CONSPIRACY" or whatever, but don't fool yourself.

Whatever is declassified is just that... declassified. The government is not releasing small clues about the operation of the "NWO" or whatever, for you to discover.

The government does not cater conspiracy theorists so that they can discover some "secret information"

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wouldn't that make the FOIA not a freedom of information act and would therefore make the purpose of the FOIA not true? It would not be then a freedom of information act where one could request any kind of information and then get it. It would then be more of a COIA act where they would control all of the information that they think would not harm our country.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There are strict regulations governing FOIA requests. Requests can be denied. That said, most requests are met with success, although the information retrieved is subject to censorship prior to release. Information deemed pertinent to the security of government operations will be blacked out, no matter how old or odd the info might be.

Still, I believe FOIA requests are useful. No agency, especially governmental ones, are perfect. Mistakes are made. Information does get out. Details deemed irrelevant and therefore not censored, may prove vital to someone's research, perhaps providing a clue that points to the discovery of more information elsewhere.

That said, no FOIA will ever reveal who shot JFK or what might be stored at Wright Patterson. Information is free, but those kinda facts will cost you extra!

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

top topics

join