It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF I debunked Scientology? Would that 'religion' come after me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Just curious but where were you going with this thread? I haven't seen you post much since your first few???

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I haven't.

Not too long after I made this thread, the group 'Annonymous' (ATS affilates?) created a thread.

It must have been a 'consious' thingy transpiring around the mainframe.

I want everyone at ATS to know, for the RECORD, that I'm NOT affiliated with the authors of said threads "De-bunking Scientology".

Purely Coincidental.

I don't have an elaborate computer mainframe to establish the 'intricate connections/hackings' that have perpetrated Scientology systems.

It's nice to be important...but more IMPORTANT to be nice.

~Ducky~

[edit on 29-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Apologies in advance for a very long reply with plenty of quotes. I’m an ex-Scientologist. I have no firsthand experience of many of the incidents discussed on the Internet but I do know what I experienced in Scientology.

Frankly, a lot of the stuff posted on this thread is questionable, based as it is on reports of reports but, as I said, I can’t refute it with authority. At least some circumspection should be evident. What I would say is that this thread has become similar to most dealing with Scientology, i.e. like a lynch mob that believes its own propaganda. Where I can answer or refute I have. I hope that doesn’t mean I’m going to be lynched.

I think trying to debunk Scientology might be a useful exercise, certainly for the would-be debunker. Something a bit more substantial than laughing at the Xenu story, please.

Originally posted by TheDuckster

I am curious to this 'fair play' legal scenerio crap.

A Scientology policy that was cancelled in the 1980s.

Originally posted by Xabora
Digg - Scientology's secret documents hacked by /i/'s Splongcat

The cat is already out of that bag... although more people can notice now.

I had a look at the list that was posted recently. All the pdfs were of published Scientology books available for the past umpteen years in Scientology organisations. No big secrets, I’m afraid.

Originally posted by jfj123

Before you dismiss it out of hand...

Wow, listen to yourself. How many Scientology books have you read?

Originally posted by bakednutz
Scientology should be labeled criminal and all of its members put in PRISON.

Mmmm. Why not let's round up the Jews too?

Originally posted by pikypiky
I do not like the trend of any organization making someone's book into a 'Bible' and making the author (mostly dead!) a 'God' or prophet of all sorts.

Which trend and which book? The Torah, the Bible, Koran, Bhagavad Gita, The Book Of The Dead?

Originally posted by Alienmojo
... Scientology is one big pyramid scheme and Travolta and Cruise are at the top making the big bucks off their victims.

Did you read this off the inside of your own head?

Originally posted by Sopwith
Scientology is for the gullible and weak minded.

Cheers bud. So you're not gullible?

Written by a science fiction author... utilising psychiatric, medical and philosophical doctrine, using a combination of other religious beliefs, and ensuring they sound somewhat intelligent by using latin and greek as a reference for their terminology.

It is fiction that is sparsely intermingled with scientific fact and sold as a pyramid scheme ( or should I say scam). Money is their God and selling is their game.

Is this diatribe based on your own reading of Scientology books or are you just regurgitating something from another author?

The pyramid selling thing is utter fiction; sales commissions are paid only to the immediate seller.

Originally posted by shadow watcher
If there are any Scientologists here, I have a couple of questions.
Why do you have a 'private Navy' who wear para-military uniforms?
Does the Sea Organization have some sort of military agenda in place?
Also could you elaborate on 'the wall of fire' or 'the zones of action'?

The 'Sea Organisation', who wear the uniforms, are the 24/7 members of the CoS. They were founded when L Ron Hubbard was sailing around on a ship, thus the naval thing. There are ranks but there is no military agenda.

The Wall of Fire is a name for the OT III level.

Here is the Flag Order Zones of Action

continued...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

How exactly is it possible for people to be brainwashed now days with all the solid information and knowledge we have?

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this question?

Originally posted by truthsetfree2009
Ever since I left Christianity, all religion seems irrational to me. In my eyes, Scientology is no different than the Christian, Muslim, or Hebrew religion.

Except for the glaring fact that Christianity, Islam and Judaism all believe in one God and have waged war in the name of their religion against other religions.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Don't de-bunk. It'll only make 'em bolder and more pernicious and sleazier mind-pedos. Think RICO. Think legislation. Find them in positions of trust and expose them publicly. Think proof of conspiracy to defraud the public trust. Think federal time. JMHO.

Vic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tayga

Brainwashed? Perish the thought...

The first time I saw Scientology go down the drain was when:

1. I was approached by Scientology 'huxter' (beggers...IMO) wanting me to fill out a 'simple'? self-bio thingy with questionairres GALORE. - back in the 1980's I thought the questionairre was PATHETIC then, and still think these huxters are PATHETIC now.

2. The day Tom Cruise went BUZZLISTIC on Oprah's coach.

3. The day I learned that L. Ron Hubbard was on hard-core drugs, and was a subserviant of Anton Levey...."all that Jazz'. "E-metering' a stinkin tomato"? That takes the cake.

Jeese...the list goes on and FREAKIN on.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I LITERALLY didn't have to stick my neck out in this case.

Coincidental circumstances beat me to the punch line...

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Thanks and just for the record, I didn't think you were connected to that group.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tayga

admittedly some of what has been posted is speculation or opinion but a lot of what has been posted is factual.

L Ron Hubbard's past almost entirely made up.

I've read several scientology books in the past.

Xenu......Do I need to say more? Even if the Xenu were a real person, the story doesn't even make sense and wouldn't even make for good sci-fi.

How many years were mr. and mrs. Hubbard in jail?

Why did you leave the church?
What does scientology believe as a religion? Obviously self help is not a religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I LITERALLY didn't have to stick my neck out in this case.

Coincidental circumstances beat me to the punch line...

~Ducky~

This sounds interesting. What thread is this on? Thanks !

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

There's been a few on the forefront in the last couple of weeks. Just type in a couple of keywords in our search slot, and you'll find them.

Mabey the words: Annonymous/Scientology/Debunk/PartyVan

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Hi Ducky.. There is much to know now..Much has been leaked..

You do not stand alone in your fight like people such as Shawn lonsdale!

A personal friend of mine found dead Fed 11th.. One day after Fed 10th

A real leaked video... Scary No?

This is what happened to those who speak out aginst this cult.

dreamsendweb.com...

Learn more here.. Watch these videos! They will help you understand even futher..
www.youtube.com...

Next date march 15th!!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm not putting my head out unto the chopping block.

If I said anything discriminatory against Scientology, would the organization come after me, in here...ATS?

How far does the Scientology network traverse?

I've heard/seen many people's testimonies regarding the 'false sides' of Scientology. (Anyone can pull them up on the web)

Edit: to include 'fear tactics' of Scientology.

This has always been our problem as Americans, we don't want to loose what we have including our loved ones, so we sit by and watch as mass murder takes place around the world. Don't get me wrong please, I'm not accusing you of anything, and I've had the same thoughts myself. If I take a stand on this issue what would happen to me, to my loved ones, to my career, my life? But I can't get the the images of Jone's Town out of my mind.

I've posted several comments regarding the parallels here so I won't go into that again, but here's what is pretty clear to me. Any group, expecially a religious group, that isolates their members, doesn't allow them to freely answer questions, sends them out into mainstream society to solicit and harass others, hides in a shroud of secrecy, and charges exuberant amounts of money for their services, is up to no good. Now they have built that compound in Colorado, how scary is that?

It's not only the few deaths that have happened so far that should insite our rage, but the potential for mass suicide or mass murders that could take place in the future. These guys have already proven themselves to be less then honorable, in fact they've shown themselves to be downright criminal as the previous arrests have shown.

I'm not saying you should take these guys on by yourself, in fact I would advise against it. But those of us who are researching this should defenantly spread the word, educate others and keep our eyes open to the red flags that are sure to come up. I suspect that it's only a matter of time until they start moving their memebers onto that compound and then it'll be Jones Town all over again.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enchantress62

I hear ya!

It's one thing to put oneself out on a limb for what they believe in, however, where that individual's family is concerned, I don't want to chance it.

From my understanding of Scientology Attack tactics, is that this organization, is like a pit bull. They latch on and won't let go, until they have exhausted every avenue of 'dirt digging' on a particular individual that seeks to discredit them.

That's why I had originally mentioned the 'use of fair play' in my OP.

It doesn't start and stop with that individual, it permeates outward, until that individual's family is either cohearsed into dropping their own lawsuits on behalf of the individual, or having their opinions quashed into looking like lunatic ramblings.

It's a sorry state out there folks.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

Next date march 15th!!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by zysin5]

Where will this protest happen if I may ask? I'd like to participate if I can.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I am so so sorry about your friend, zysin. My God, my God.

It's cases like these, and others, that get me extremely angry with cults such as Scientology.

I saw the 1st video that you posted and thought: What the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?!"

Paraphrasing quip: "If we choose not to talk about Scientology.." "Jumping of a bridge or blowing our brains out."

Nice advertisement....NOT!!!

There's something seriously wrong with that picture, and the mentalities of those who use that as 'bait' to reel in the unsuspecting.

Disgusting FEAR tactics...is what it is.

~Ducky~

[edit on 27-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by zysin5

I am so so sorry about your friend, zysin. My God, my God.

It's cases like these, and others, that get me extremely angry with cults such as Scientology.

I saw the 1st video that you posted and thought: What the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?!"

Paraphrasing quip: "If we choose not to talk about Scientology.." "Jumping of a bridge or blowing our brains out."

Nice advertisement....NOT!!!

There's something seriously wrong with that picture, and the mentalities of those who use that as 'bait' to reel in the unsuspecting.

Disgusting FEAR tactics...is what it is.

~Ducky~

[edit on 27-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

Yes exactly, you're right, that's what I feel about this too. I don't know anyone in Scientology, I don't know anyone who's a critic of them either, but I don't want to see us repeat history. I have no special reasons for feeling so passionate about this subject, no hidden agenda's for wanting to oppose this church, none except the memory of others who died at the hands of Tiranical leaders. I can't in all good consciousness stand by watching as this happens again.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join