It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF I debunked Scientology? Would that 'religion' come after me?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Unless scientologists are calling down UFOs and having UFO conventions, I could care less about researching them to debunk whatever bizarre cultish type behavior they've created for themselves with it.

Con artists and similar people will find some way to exploit any group or religion when there's money and power to be gained.

It's enough for me just to screen my calls from telemarketers etc.
I'm really glad that they don't knock on my door, and I hope they never do.

I don't see any harm in you getting your wings clipped on this subject.(SP)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

i, personally, find tom cruise to be pathetic. i hope he sees this and sues me.
this could be a death wish for me, though, for no mission is impossible with the help of L. Ron Hubbard...

oh yeah...sehr gut deutschland!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
How exactly would you go about debunking Scientology? Like, what evidence would you present to 'debunk' it (whatever you mean by that) and how would you make sure you got the word out to people?

And if you could do that, then why not 'debunk' Christianity or Islam as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I cant understand everyones(mainly the media)obsession with Scientology.It seeems to be the modern day witch hunt with Crusie and crew being the whipping boys

I dont know if their on the ball with the Alien theme,but I cant say their wrong eitther!

I will say that Tom always goes out of his way for his fans at the film premiers spending a lot of time with them,no matter what the weather may bring!He seems a good man to me,his beliefs dont change that

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

yeah exactly, just because he's a scientlogist doesn't make him a bad person does it?

i could go out and tell people that christianity is a load of codswallop but there's too many of them and they'll probably beat me up lol

Scientology is just as outrageous as Christianity would have seemed when it was first being instigated, just be glad that Scientologists aren't crusading around forcing it upon you...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ducky go for it. If you have something to say please don't let anyone stop you. You have started a very interesting thread.

If you have facts and don't want to expose them then I will be happy to do it for you. I'm too old to fear imprisonment or a lawsuit.

I put Scientology, Baptist and fundamentalist together in the same hog trough. Not sure which one is the most dangerous or smells the worst.

Ducky you are a smart woman and I value what you have to say.

Dizzie (Marilyn)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Years ago they would of been burned as witches. Strange cult(religion), but seeing as they have successful people, they are let be.

I wonder what impact tom cruise really has, on the people he tries to influence.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
I cant understand everyones(mainly the media)obsession with Scientology.It seeems to be the modern day witch hunt with Crusie and crew being the whipping boys

I dont know if their on the ball with the Alien theme,but I cant say their wrong eitther!

I will say that Tom always goes out of his way for his fans at the film premiers spending a lot of time with them,no matter what the weather may bring!He seems a good man to me,his beliefs dont change that

People have died because scientology believes that you should never take drugs for mental disorders. Wouldn't you call that wrong? Innocent people are dead because of it. I know I'd call it pretty damn wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here's a great video of a reporter trying to cover a "open to everyone" public event. You'll love the crazy followers trying to interogate a reporter.

www.youtube.com...

Here's another video about the very unfunny truth about scientology. WARNING this video has some very disturbing parts.

www.youtube.com...

And here's a good site for debunking scientology
www.xenutv.com...

So when people say, "what's the big deal"? "they're not hurting anyone". You now know that is not true.

[edit on 20-1-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Each to their own,I believe Jehovah's Witnesses hold extreme views to medicines also

As it has been stated wisely above we are not seeing Toms lot going on crusades or likeways shouting death to America.

If anyone want to debunk them and spill the beans then do so,big deal.I dont expect Tom and his Scientology chums would be worried about a few people on this forum doing that.Your deluded if you think they will

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

Before you dismiss it out of hand, you may want to review the above links I posted.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Please do provide any data to debunk Scientology and expose this sandbox for whatever it represents to the minds of its foolish followers and blind believers alike. I do not like the trend of any organization making someone's book into a 'Bible' and making the author (mostly dead!) a 'God' or prophet of all sorts.

That 'religion' would come after you, I'm afraid. It's like anyone one of us holding classified information; coming out of the woodworks to tell the whole world and then suddenly disappearing from public view. In the end, there is no fear in what you choose to decide, Ducky.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

WOW I just finished watching this one, Those guys were scary

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jfj123

WOW I just finished watching this one, Those guys were scary

www.youtube.com...

Yeah, I thought it was really interesting the way the tried to intimidate the reporter by getting in his face and walking up menacingly. Nice church !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
HI jfj
www.youtube.com...

thisis really creepy, and why are they so secretive?

[edit on 083131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Those were some amazing videos of how big of a cult and criminal the church of scientology is. That mark guy in the video made those scientology cult members look mental. Scientology should be labeled criminal and all of its members put in PRISON.

Scientology= SICK

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

I love Travolta. After all, didn't he do just a wonderful Job playing Me in my movie? "Michael"?

Tom, well, he's alright too.

Cruise I can understand. A person of his ego and status was tailor made for Scientology....BUT TRAVOLTA??? Oh man... it hurts... the pain... the pain... I thought he was smarter than that.

Under it all Scientology is one big pyramid scheme and Travolta and Cruise are at the top making the big bucks off their victims...so maybe Travolta is smart... but oh so sad.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
just curious. what are you going to 'debunk' about it? It doesn't seem that they base there beliefs on any book or anything. Admittingly, I don't know much about the religion, but a quick search of their website for the answer to: what is scientology? It said this:

"The word Scientology literally means "the study of truth." It comes from the Latin word "scio" meaning "knowing in the fullest sense of the word" and the Greek word "logos" meaning "study of."

Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life. The religion comprises a body of knowledge extending from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these:

Man is an immortal, spiritual being. His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime. His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized — and those capabilities can be realized. He is able to not only solve his own problems, accomplish his goals and gain lasting happiness, but also achieve new, higher states of awareness and ability.

In Scientology no one is asked to accept anything as belief or on faith. That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. An individual discovers for himself that Scientology works by personally applying its principles and observing or experiencing results.

Through Scientology, people all over the world are achieving the long-sought goal of true spiritual release and freedom. "

Doesn't seem to be trying to hurt anybody or force unfactual stories on people like other religions.

I'm not rrying to be argumentative here. Just being curious. What about it will you debunk? Oh, and sorry if you already answered this as I just browsed quickly through the thread.
thanks

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
You should be careful when dealing with Scientology, I think some of their tactics against their "enemies" may include endless harassments, intrusions, lawsuits, dirt investigations to bankrupt, discredit, and destroy your peace, sanity and way of life, maybe even your family.

If they consider you an enemy, it is likely that they will come after you.

You need to very well prepared and informed before making any attempt.

Good Luck.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by ixiy]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join