It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF I debunked Scientology? Would that 'religion' come after me?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'm not putting my head out unto the chopping block.

If I said anything discriminatory against Scientology, would the organization come after me, in here...ATS?

How far does the Scientology network traverse?

I've heard/seen many people's testimonies regarding the 'false sides' of Scientology. (Anyone can pull them up on the web)

Edit: to include 'fear tactics' of Scientology.

www.cs.cmu.edu..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power

Yet the outrage and litigation have failed to squelch Scientology. The group, which boasts 700 centers in 65 countries, threatens to become more insidious and pervasive than ever. Scientology is trying to go mainstream, a strategy that has sparked a renewed law- enforcement campaign against the church. Many of the group's followers have been accused of committing financial scams, while the church is busy attracting the unwary through a wide array of front groups in such businesses as publishing, consulting, health care and even remedial education.

~Ducky~

[edit on 19-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
How far would these people go to silence the general mainstream; even to quash and dish out their own 'missinformations'?

Just to keep their ratings on 'top'?

Just to keep their head of scientology: Tom Cruise...free from blemishes?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am the respector of NO RELIGION.

So don't get me wrong here. But the question is "WHY?"

I have seen several videos of people confronting "Scientology" events. Does two wrongs make a right?

Who are more the nutcases?

Are the nutcases the one's that believe a compleatly false religion or are the nutcases the one's that go after a compleatly false religion?

I'd say both!

WHY BOTHER? The bible says: "Let those that are unrightious contrinue to be unrightous". So those debunkers of a religion, what are their goals and motorvations?

To tell the truth, out of all the videos I seen those seeking to debunk scientology seemed to be the bigger nutcases.

Lets say I am here, and you think I am a kooky person. (i know, not too far a strech). Anyway who is the bigger kook? The one that is here, or the one that goes out of their way to get "here"?

Don't stalk a religion or a person, as that makes you a bigger kook and more a danger.

Those people are mentally setting themselves up as a "hero" and that is a higher pedistal to fall from then the false religions.

Scientiology is a false religion. Believing your goal in life is to disprove anything is a false belief. Two Wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Thanks for the warning.

Seriously.

I like to heed warnings.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I would like very much for you to debunk scientology. Please do it!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

Tempting. very tempting...you have NO IDEA.

I am curious to this 'fair play' legal scenerio crap.

That which allows Scientologists to have 'free reign' over legal precidence.

That which allows Scientologists to 'have the upper hand' in court.

To allow certain members of our society to lay 'claim stake' upon the rest of us (society) and be 'above the law'?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Bible says:

Let those who are unrightious contiune to do their unrightiousness.

In the end, we all have to stand before judgement for that which we did here and now.

There's alot more stupid stuff to correct in this world then a blind foolish religion.

Besides, "scientology" is a religion. You can't debunk that. It is built upon a "spiritual belief system" and I believe that system does have a "core" of factuality to it. It is just the wrong side of the fence is all.

The rebelion against God brought on by Lucifer was in the context of "The creator of all things doesn't truly exist and that beings were repressing entities". That's what the father of the lie stated. I find it therefore shocking that the core of Scientology states to its memebers that they are being represed by spiritual forces.

So perhaps, Scientology is based on an actual encountor with a being, but it was a being that is part of the rebelion against God.

Shocking, I know, that such a religion could exist in these days, but that's just from what I've heard about it through others.

at any rate, if the scientologists want to believe it, let them.

You should consern yourself about yourself.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Tom Cruise will find you for your blastphemy, get it phlemy. Scientology is the science of the almighty Travolta.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedOne

"Phlemy..cough cough..."

Did I "open up PANDORA'S BOX by the mere act of asking questions?

Now what?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Religions are beliefs built upon spiritual events...

There seem to be two basic spiritual event horizions.

I've seen several religions boil down to these two horizons.

One must ask one's self if a follower of a religion is part of the origin of that spiritual event.

I don't think so.

If so I should think all "Christians" would be rightious and kind and loving people, but the fact that they are not, and that they are roth with selfrightious foolishness stands as a testimony that it is NOT the RELIGION that makes you a spiritual being.

Just because you follow a religion of "truth" or "falsehoods" doesn't make you truly rightious or unrightous.

It's the being that you are and the accepting of that connection within and the desire of the willed creature to seek out the truest form of will or to follow after the folly of their own will.

I love Travolta. After all, didn't he do just a wonderful Job playing Me in my movie? "Michael"?

Tom, well, he's alright too.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Mister Duck I humbly back off. Love the Avatar. Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor or have the overlords stripped everyone of that?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedOne

Sounds like everyone's afraid...AFRAID OF WHAT?

What did I start?

It sounds as though I will be 'cut to the quick', If I persue this further.

Conspiracy?

Reminds of me of an old Star Trek episode...where people arn't supposed to mention the mere name of 'L'andrew'.

What is going on here?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Keeping in mind, if I watch my P's & Q's, with regards to the TOC's of this site, how far can I explore this issue, regarding the 'falcities' 'shams' of the Scientology 'religion'.?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm guessing you mean this:
Digg - Scientology's secret documents hacked by /i/'s Splongcat

The cat is already out of that bag... although more people can notice now.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Xabora]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Im not sure I understand what everyone is afraid. If I could debunk scientology I would not hesitate to post on here or anywhere else. Screw them if they think they can control us.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The Bible says:

Let those who are unrightious contiune to do their unrightiousness.

In the end, we all have to stand before judgement for that which we did here and now.

There's alot more stupid stuff to correct in this world then a blind foolish religion.

I disagree, Did not the Apostle Paul stand against many false teachers?

Here is just example below:

In Roman times, Ephesus was the center of Artemis/Diana worship. The Ephesians believed that it was here that the "mother goddess of the earth was born." Standing before the people of this city, the Apostle Paul confronted this false mother-goddess worship by using the power of the Word of God; and many turned to the true and living Savior, Jesus Christ (Acts 19:26).

Once again, just one of many examples.

I would say that it should not necessarily be the sole focus for most believers, but if Christ has called upon one to confront a false religon, where some or many will turn to the Lord, then ABSOLUTELY!!!!

And to TheDuckster - I have read they can be pretty nasty.... If you pursue that mission, please report what happens here on ATS

[edit on 19-1-2008 by defcon365]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i would think that as long as you arent blasphemous towards scientology that you could debunk it all you want. in fact, i encourage you to do so
how pathetic would it be for tom cruise to bring a lawsuit to court with a guy who made comments about his...err...'religion' on an internet site?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

To answer your question, I'm guessing that if you made a big enough stink to get press, they may come after you. From what I understand, scientologists are very litigious. That doesn't mean you shouldn't do it though.

In my opinion, everyone should be able to believe what they wish up to the point where their beliefs injure someone else. My opinion is that scientology can, does and has injured people (ie Lisa McPherson).

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
i would think that as long as you arent blasphemous towards scientology that you could debunk it all you want. in fact, i encourage you to do so
how pathetic would it be for tom cruise to bring a lawsuit to court with a guy who made comments about his...err...'religion' on an internet site?

Tom Cruise is currently suing a man who wrote a book about him and scientology.

Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography, a biography of actor Tom Cruise written by journalist Andrew Morton, was released in the United States yesterday amidst the potential for a US$100 million lawsuit against its publisher, St. Martin's Press. The book will not be published in Australia

en.wikinews.org...'Tom_Cruise:_An_Unauthorized_Biography'_released,_$100_million_lawsuit_in_planning_stages

On another note, Germany is looking at banning scientology
GO GERMANY!
en.wikinews.org...

[edit on 20-1-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Incarnated, Ronald Weinland believes he is one of the two witnesses of the book of Revelation and you, you allude to the fact that you are Michael the Archangel. May I ask when it was you developed this idea that you were Michael? Perhaps better asked, what proof do you have that you are Michael the Archangel. Years ago I heard a gentlemen on the radio claim that he was God and his wife was the Holy Spirit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join