It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Patrol Agent Killed by Fleeing Vehicle Entering U.S. Illegally From Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Border Patrol Agent Killed by Fleeing Vehicle Entering U.S. Illegally From Mexico

www.foxnews.com

YUMA, Ariz. — A Border Patrol agent trying to stop a vehicle that had illegally entered the U.S. was struck and killed Saturday in southeastern California, agency officials said.

The agent was killed about 20 miles west of Yuma in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation Area, a spot along the border that is popular with off-road vehicle enthusiasts and frequently used by smugglers.

The agent attempted to impede the vehicle's progress before he was hit, but the Border Patrol did not immediately have more information, said agent Eric Anderson, a spokesman for the agency's Yuma sector.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Probably drug related,
but the story is breaking on FOX.

Have their been similar incidents like this? I'm European, so I don't really know

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Drug smugglers have certainly shot at civilians as they crossed their properties!
It's a REAL problem with those on the border.
Just imagine if our people went over there and shot up their officials!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yet for some strange reason, The news story about the border patrol killing 2 citizens of the US thinking they were illegals hasnt been posted. Strange isnt it. yet that happened almost 6 months ago and now the US is in a court room about it. Of course Mexico also thought it was a bit strange that the US laws are now shot first, ask questions later if there still alive.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yet for some strange reason, The news story about the border patrol killing 2 citizens of the US thinking they were illegals hasnt been posted.

I haven't heard about it. I check the news quite often.
Why would legal hispanic citizens be crossing back over that way, without going through the proper channels???

Strange isnt it. yet that happened almost 6 months ago and now the US is in a court room about it. Of course Mexico also thought it was a bit strange that the US laws are now shot first , ask questions later if there still alive.

What does Mexico have to do with our laws within our states when these people were U.S. citizens???
The border patrol risk their lives to keep our United States United, instead of an N.A.U.!

How are Guatemalans treated coming through the Mexican border?
Read this, please.

Why are so many hispanics hateful to us when they come here as visitors?
Calling us pocinos, et al.
Men teaching their children to be hateful.

I have a wonderful christian friend from Guatemala. She doesn't say we're a stupid nation.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

My ex husband was from Guatemala. There is a reason why he is my ex husband. You see I took him beating the crap out of me for 4 years, I took the threats from him that his family would kill me if I tried to leave him, for 4 years. But the day when he tried to kill my 3 month old daughter I left that man for good. But I am going to tell you this right now until when you know people from there, and see what they are like. And know there laws dont even go there. You see in Guatemala a man can beat his wife all he wants its the law, and if she complains she is taken to prison for 60 days and she is beaten while she is there.

If a man in Guatemala believes his wife may be having an affair he is allowed to kill his wife. Even if she isnt its the laws down there. I guess you also never heard a Guatemalan saying how much they hate Americans, back in 1993 they killed 26 Americans that were there to build a church. They also come into Mexico all the time and start crap so dont even get them into it. Another thing to is that in Guatemala men are allowed to have one wife in every state. And just so you know the Guatemalans think just as bad of the Mexicans as they do of the US citizens.

And truthfully there are a select few Mexicans that may call us stupid here but not all Mexicans do that. Most are happy being here and are considerate. But then again I call most Americans stupid and I came from a long line of Americans.

As for the Americans that were killed close to the border they were taking pictures. They didnt come across the border they were close to it taking pictures. The youngest female killed was 17 the older one was her sister and she was 26 and she left behind 4 children and a husband. So believe me there families need to know why our country shoots first and then asks questions if there still alive.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Seems like another catalyst to the "illegals issues"...

And "hildar", post the news article about the 2 citizens being killed please.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChronMan

I will try to find it I will most likely have to go thru our local news archives but its there because it was in the paper and on CNN about 6 months ago.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Well, you can find evil people EVERYWHERE.
I don't think it's right to kill people coming over the border,
many ARE nice people, but there are many who are military or drug smugglers!That's who regular Americans are up in arms over.

But, the N.A.U. would take regular America and make it a big machila(sp)

I know pope John paul ll was in mexico city in 1993 or so and said the first protestant was lucifer and to fight against protestantism everywhere.
That didn't help American-Mexican relations.
Not to mention La Raza.
Why do they do these things?

There is an agenda!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't think this is really a new issue that the border patrol have to deal with, although this instance is tragic. Someone very close to me was almost killed in this same manner over 10 years ago. He was very lucky to live after having been thrown 50 feet and having his neck broken. The Mexican police did eventually return the car(it made it back through the gates to Mexico), but it was of course wiped completely clean.

apc

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hummers don't perform well on dunes anyway.

Next time they should use an RPG instead of spike strips.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok here.

build the freaking fence already and kill anything that tries to move over it.

If you didn't get it, move to step one. Kill them all.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Whatever happened to helicopters flying / patrolling over the borders?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
this is just horrible, i hate to hear news like this . hopefuly they will catch the driver. otherwise i seriously hope his family gets some sort of payment for his death while on the job and that he had a insurance policy.

top topics

join