It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Applying 'The Secret' when it comes to love: Stalking or not??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Ooo! I love romantic stories. If 'The Secret' [whatever the heck this may be] does indeed work, let us know. I'm dying for a happy ending.

You should try a massage parlor, I hear they have happy endings there.

:-P

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know anything about "The Secret" I think I understand what it is all about. I don't think it will harm anything to try and visualize your self a woman.
However, when she does pop up next time, you have to go for it. Ask her out, and then just be yourself, and if it works out excellent, if it does not, you did not waste anyone's time.

It is very important to not try and be something your not, because in the end it will only make things difficult. I know that can be hard, and we all do it to some degree when we are first meeting someone special.

I know it is kind of cliche, but being a confident person usually gets you a lot further then being scared. I have a friend who is 27 years old, is one of the most fantastic persons I know, but has been single to this day. The reason is he is always afraid to ask. Either that or he is Gay, but either way, sometimes you have to fight for what you want the most. The best of luck to you!

P.S. I can tell you this. If you really want to boost your confidence, tell this co-worker how you feel, even if she is moving. Trust me on this one, and who knows, maybe she will say omg i have been waiting for you and cancel her tickets
Worst case scenario is she is flattered and blushes a lot and now you have some serious building blocks to work with.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've been curious about this "The Secret" stuff for awhile now. This thread inspired me to finally find out what all the hype is about so I downloaded the movie last night and burned it; I'll watch it tonight or tomorrow. It does sound very interesting. The concept from what I understand of it, reminds me of Normal Vincent Peal's "The power of positive thinking".

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

IMO the secret and all the stuff like it is just a rehash of Christs teachings such as the lesson of the fig tree, faith the size of a mustard seed, the quote in my signature and many other of his teachings.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by masonica_esoterica

LOL that was a good one man!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

A few days ago I tried to watch "The Secret" and stay awake doing so. I gave up after 30 minutes of hearing the same thing over and over. "The Secret" is no secret at all. It's all about using common sense.

Think about the type of woman you want in you life. Weed out the losers using past experience. Never try to b.s. a woman by renting an expensive sports car and claiming it's yours. No point in telling her that you are the CEO of some well known company either, unless you are.

Dating is a lot like fishing. You can't just wish for the right one to jump in the boat. You got to go after it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Well, it's now a month or so later, and she has finally moved...gone... the end...

...or is it?

Well, it happened again. Yes, another workmate! :bnghd: But something is different this time. A few very strange things have happened. First, a little back-story. She used to work with me a couple of years ago. We've known eachother awhile. Anyway, she left town, worked for a few newspapers and print companies in a graphics role, then she came back. The night she came back to work here, I dreamt about her (my usual perfectionist self about to go on first date with her, undecided on what to wear and she's like 'hurry up'! and then I wake up!). She mentioned she had a dream the next day, and so did I.. but didn't mention the subject matter!

Unfortunately, in a work situation (8.5 hour days, 6 days a week), you get to know someone a lot better than a one-off dinner date or drunken night on the town. And working next to her, I've struck far too many "Oh My God - Me Too!!" moments than I care to disclose. For instance, our mothers have the same common best friend (that we both care for very deeply), we both knew the same graphics design programs, both of us moved back home after a few years at university and flatting and doing our own thing, both our parents recently split up.. we're in the same place in life.. both want the same things in life / values (considering so many people clash on this, this is astounding for me), we are both of tall build, similar personalities (attention to detail yet also laid back..extroverted but also sensitive, kind but also a little crazy. She's even seen a UFO!!!! I remember when her sister told me last year about it (she was in the car with her as a witness). People / friends outside my workplace have also been mentioning her in conversation and asking my opinion of her, to which is always warm and positive.

But the weirdest thing of all happened when this old guy walked in on us for 2 days straight. He looks a little like Bela Lugosi and sounds like Dracula but he is a kind gentle fellow. Anyway, he walked up to us and enquired if we were boyfriend and girlfriend and that we reminded him of a couple he knew in the Balkans and they were married. He then said that the two of us should have dinner together. The next day, he came back again, while the 2 of us were working together, and he said that we should be together, that we both look alike and he's never wrong in his hunches with people. Anyway, it spooked both of us. Something has happened. The next day, I could barely look at her, I was verging on petrified but I slept that night vowing to act normal and confident and be myself. Basically, I'm tired of looking like an idiot, tired of rejection. I'm scared to take that next move which I think could be huge, especially in a workplace, I don't want to make things awkward for her. Though she did say to me she has decided to stay here for at least another year. She's not going to go away. And in a country like New Zealand where the wages are on average 30% less than Australia, it's not always an easy choice.

So today at work, I was calm, cool, chatty, I smiled at her. She was smiling back, and almost hypnotic. I glanced sideways at another workmate who caught us in mid-glaze and gave me a smile. I am however, a little scared to confront my feelings which have suddenly rushed to the forefront of my attentions. She broke up with her boyfriend of 3 years last Christmas and I think she still needs that space to sort out what she wants. I've trashed all this Secret stuff for the time being, I've got to realise that I can't control how she really feels about me, it's out of my hands, I know she likes me. And the old man was right - we should be together. Since that day, I've been haunted by whatever he's sensed between us. The other girl was most likely a case of pure Lust, but is this particular connection what we know as Love?

[edit on 8-3-2008 by RiotComing]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join