It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars-Gate!!??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
P.S. - people and agencies can 'explain away' anything. Hell... I can scientifically make a good case for why it is impossible for a bumble bee to fly... - and obviously... thousands of tons of iron will immediately sink right to the bottom... when set upon the ocean, right??

But some possess the ability to 'think outside of the box' - and some don't. Wilbur and Orville were amply warned that an airplane would not fly. And others... still believe that flights to the moon were a hoax.

Stick to your guns, boys. It will be worth it in the end.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Johnbro has stirred the sparks of the fire.Thanks ArMap for posting those pics. This is tentative stuff,but interesting.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

Is that "Tickle Me Elmo" with a stiffie? Sorry couldn't resist. You really have the strangest way of using annotation I've ever seen, but good job looking for anomalies, just keep in mind the term PEREIDOLIA.

Pereidolia

[edit on 5-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Yes, and that is what I think is happening here.

Some people explain in one way, some other people explain in a different way, but while some are considered as not having enough "mental facilities" the others are considered as people who think "outside of the box" (an expression that I never liked, I don't know why).

I have as much proof of those being just rocks as anyone else has that they are snakes, holograms or small beings.

I always try to back up my opinions with publicly available data and present it as such, so those that are against my opinion can base their own opinions on the same data set.

I have yet to see anyone present any other data than the same pictures they present as proof, so these can not support the previous data because they are the same, and we keep running in circles because the proof is the same as the backing data.

In the end, and for both sides, this is still just a matter of opinion and nothing else, neither side has real proof to present.

PS: There is a scientific explanation for the fact that some tons of iron may sink to the bottom of the ocean or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
HAHa. I liked that wikipedia went to mars for one of it's key examples. As far as I've seen, I feel i should ignor about 95% of this kind of thing. But that said there are some very interseting finds out there. The prime example for me is the Martian Pyramids located east by souht east of Mars' face, Mars's ugly ugly face.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Enjoyed the thread, great links, I'm ready to go on a vacation to Mars, looks like quite the place to visit.
What if all of the million missing persons each year are actually being used to colonize the planet?

[edit on 5-4-2008 by antar]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Folks that think that life on Mars is so preposterous... might want to have a look at MikeS thread.

ATS Mars life analysis

We are getting closer to the truth... are you paying attention??

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

I will use this opportunity to say that I don't find the possibility of life on Mars preposterous or impossible, just not very likely.

Also, if there is life on Mars, and judging by the only planet I know that has life, Earth, we should not be seeing a handful of types of creatures, we should see a ecosystem, and that is something that I have never seen, not even on the most "exotic" posts.

For example, if all those snakes are really living on Mars, what do they eat? Snakes? That would be the only reason for only seeing snakes. But if we see another animal, then the snakes may eat those other animals. But what do these eat? Snakes? Themselves?

A stable ecosystem should have a great variety of living organisms to survive, a very limited ecosystem, like those that would have only the "creatures" that we can, supposedly, see in these photos, would not last for long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join