It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars-Gate!!??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sussex, England U.K. - It seems more like a scene out of a George Lucas movie than reality. But after downloading the most
recent Mars Rover image, designated 'PIA 10212,' independent UFO researcher 'Arcturian Kontakt' feels that he has discovered some evidence that could change science and history as we know it."

Proof of artifacts on Mars??

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They look like good high quality pics. I would U2U mikesighn or internos and see what they have to say about this. Good find

I personally don't have any real experience analyzing pics like this but I'm sur the above as well as the other members will get on this.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Very good.

Interesting website, thank you for this, highfreq. I observed the pictures that were analyzed and stuff, it sure does look like there are cities on Mars.

Flagged and starred immediately.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by TheoOne]

jra

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheoOne
...it sure does look like there are cities on Mars.

Or some bad .jpg compression that's showing up more clearly due to the use of the emboss and sharpen filters in photoshop.

I thought "Arcturian Kontakt's" conclusions were rather silly to say the least.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The first photo does look like a crater, though the exact cause is something I don't know. As for the examination of the rocks, they look like common rocks, I've seen simaler stuff on earth, where rocks have weathered, so I don't think it's petrified wood or rusting metal.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wow that is awesome! I cant wait till they update with more info!!!
2nd page photo with car, very cool!!!
The 2nd page skyline to the right looks like Atlantas skyline.
Real or not, it was very cool site.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
Sussex, England U.K. - It seems more like a scene out of a George Lucas movie than reality. But after downloading the most
recent Mars Rover image, designated 'PIA 10212,' independent UFO researcher 'Arcturian Kontakt' feels that he has discovered some evidence that could change science and history as we know it."

Proof of artifacts on Mars??

Well the enlarged photos on the site, look to be digital artifacts from the enlarging process. I get shapes like this all the time when I blow up photos.

also regarding the rocks sitting in the middle of nowhere, this is not uncommon on earth. For example, Death Valley

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A car on Mars? oh please!!!! I will accept evidence of water,microbacterial life on mars and primitive life forms but a whole city with cars? Smells like a hoax to me ! Sorry !!!
Dont get me wrong i do believe we are being observed but i think we are barking up the wrong tree with claims of cars on Mars !!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Great stuff,flagged..don't know what to think of these pics really,i'd love to think this is the real deal and what we are looking at are cities on mars,the car mmmm not to sure about that.
I keep an open mind about everything so regarding the cities on mars..i think there are things up there that we haven't discovered yet but won't for a very long time.
Are we being kept in the dark?? if we are by whoever it is the cover-up won't last long as technology gets better it will become harder to keep it from us.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
NO ONE... has made claims of 'Cars on Mars' - please read 'text' under posted images. 'Interesting Co-incidences in similarities.'

Am testing the data - and addressing the questions; up-dates and more information coming on-line daily.

jb

Click here for 'Mars-Gate' updates.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
On Earth - 'rocks sitting out in the middle of nowhere' - are most likely deposits left from reseding glasiers. The smooth-ness of the ground in Mars photo - suggests the presence of water; past or present.

Please, folks. I have read the man's info... and don't see 'declaritive statements' - but 'Inquiries' ; possibly, on the same lines as 'Moon Anomolies', etc. Please, read it more closely.

And I haven't noticed any 'books for sale' or 'videos' - so, just be entertained... if you find it base-less.... -- Just know that there are plenty of simularly 'far-out' studies in the world of 'Conspiracies.'

------

Be well, everyone.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here are some thoughts about the below photo

if you look at the center, there is a depression that is bowl shaped.
Assuming the photo is real and are not retouched, my first 2 thoughts are:
1. Old micro-meteor impact
2. Evidence of either water or gas expulsion.

I am leaning toward number 2
If you notice the sand grains inside the depression are much more fine, almost like a silt from an evaporated pool of water.

The few different colored rocks really don't seam odd as the sand surrounding the depression has the same color in some areas.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Intereting post...

we need someone like internos to check the images on this website, especially where the author claims to have zoomed in the artifical structures...

flagged

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
this is just a good example of how people can convince themselves of their own theories, using nothing more than imagination and photoshop.

if you are embossing and zooming and scaling and then embossing again and adjusting contract and etc.. you aren't analyzing images, you are CREATING images.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
this is just a good example of how people can convince themselves of their own theories, using nothing more than imagination and photoshop.

if you are embossing and zooming and scaling and then embossing again and adjusting contract and etc.. you aren't analyzing images, you are CREATING images.

My thought exactly. I stated before that when I have blown up other images, sharpened, etc. I have created those exact same shapes. They are just digital artifacts.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You gentleman - are a remarkable example of people that look at the pictures, but don't read the fine print. 'Blanket statements' are often wet.

But if it serves your personal paradigms, by all means; flame away. I just don't understand why you are not hanging out at 'Superior Scientist.com' - or maybe... registering your membership at 'Bad Gastronomy.'

It is you that came to my thread - not visa-versa. And those who cannot create, destroy. ---------- So, why not have a good intellectual chuckle... as you shuffle off to Stockholm to pick up your Pulitzer??

Strange reference to 'authority' in your 'tag line', jf - I haven't seen any around here as of late.

--------

For those viewers less cynical - there have been some interesting developments uploaded - and I doubt that these can all be attributed to 'Pixelation issues.'

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Correction... it was 'Scientologist' that had the 'authority' comment in Tagline. My apologies.

;;

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Be great if there was a city on Mars. Be intresting what it is made of, seems to just be rocks up there, wonder if they have there own metals, cutreal differences and ofcorse technological advantages.

Carnt wait to see this one play out.

Fox

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnbro
It is you that came to my thread - not visa-versa. And those who cannot create, destroy. ---------- So, why not have a good intellectual chuckle... as you shuffle off to Stockholm to pick up your Pulitzer??

So because you started the thread, you decide what we should think? You only want people who agree with you to post here? Obviously facts are not a concern of yours and you're just looking for some ego stroking. Might I suggest you join scientology if you're looking for mindless followers instead of free thinkers.

For those viewers less cynical - there have been some interesting developments uploaded - and I doubt that these can all be attributed to 'Pixelation issues.'

You mean those who are not overly encumbered by the need for factual evidence?

[edit on 23-1-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I found microscopic cities inside of a brick pattern by doing the exact same techniques he described. Who knew the emboss tool was so powerful? Yeah it could be pixelation but I prefer to think that the most insane answer is usually the correct one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join