It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, U.S. Make Plans for North Korea Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

China, U.S. Make Plans for North Korea Collapse

www.bloomberg.com

China and the U.S.-South Korean alliance have begun planning for military intervention in case the Kim Jong Il regime in North Korea collapses, according to two newly published studies -- one of which foresees a race to occupy and control the impoverished communist country.

To beat China to the punch, joint planners should go farther and prepare for a South Korean occupation of the North, argues the author, Army Capt. Jonathan Stafford.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is bloody scary if you ask me - both China and the US making contingency plans for basically, a "Race" to occupy North Korea. I do not see any possibility of a peacful resolution of this, as China would want the North for itself and South Korea and the US would want re-unification, something China wouldnt want, a stronger US ally on their southern border.

This can only end in one way, and that is a head to head clash with the US.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
China would want a united Korea. It would stabilise Korea and China would not have to spend billions in humanitarian aid any more or worry about the increasing immigration problem from North Korea.

What China does not want is a refugee crisis. That's probably why it's planning a military move, most likely secretly in agreement with Washington. The media will say it's a two horse race, but America knows only China can go in without a bloodbath because the brainwashed citizens of North Korea are waiting for Americans to cross the border.

With the Olympics in the summer, nothing will happen until 2009.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Plus...

Best solution would be a joint Chinese-US intervention. China is in the best position to occupy and stable the region, it would be a nightmare for US troops. If North Korea collapses, let China invade, install a puppet government and deal with the economy.

Once it's strong enough, unite both North and South.

Remember, China is the biggest holder of US treasuries, $1.4 trillion. Make a wrong move and the Chinese can cripple the US economy over night.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the infinite, you do make some good points and that ecenario you depicted would be the most inteliigent one.

wonder why the media hypes up war this and war that?

guess it makes headlines and sells.

it would be quite a big humanitarium operation if it were to eventuate.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, it's bloomberg. A financial paper. Banks profit from war.

North Korea does have resources, which is beneficial to the ever expanding Chinese state.

Regarding the media, it's the new superpower vs the old. Like you said, these headlines sell papers.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
No, China won't be stupid.
They will allow us to "pacify" the situation, spend billions feeding the starving and building infrstructure---mostly through our proxies in the south---before laying claim or installing a "democratically elected" puppet to unify the whole shebang.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It "IS" a bit surprising that China is cooperating with the US (are allies) and making JOINT plans.

I know that China does not want/need millions of NK's running over the boarder away from a civil war or such.
However, all that would be needed was a beefing up of their border with NK.

My point is I think it is good sign cooperation between the two countries. As of late, they do not seem to be doing much of that.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Remember, China is the biggest holder of US treasuries, $1.4 trillion. Make a wrong move and the Chinese can cripple the US economy over night.

We don't seem to need much help there! I would posit, however, that as we inflate away their 'reserves', we are engaging in Economic Warfare to some degree already.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Add this on to the many other things that will bring China and US at war. Its inevidable. Good post.

top topics

join