It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Freemasons really Templers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I once worked with this Scottish guy, who recently moved into my area; he had a Freemason ring on and when i asked him he confirmed he was inducted into the Freemasons whilst living in Scotland. Over a pint he told me that the Free Masons were really the Templer Knights who had gone underground centuries before, has anyone else heard this?

I've often thought i'd like to join, but i dont think i know any Masons; what should i look for?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyforeigner

There have been several masonic writers who have tried to make this claim, but they have been proven quite wrong by historical analysis. There is a York Rite, which is an appendant body to masonry, that has a Knight Templar degree, but the Rite even acknowledges that they are *not* the descendants of the Templars and there is no connection. The average mason does not know this, but there are a few masons who would like to think these connections are legitimate. It is, at best, wishful thinking in my opinion.

Joining masonry is very easy. Look in the phone book for your local lodge, call them up. Ask the secretary for a tour and tell him your interested in joining. They'll take it from there. Just a bit of advice though: don't join for mercenary motives - there are no 'secrets' and you will be disappointed if you join looking for them. Masons are first made in their heart, before joining a lodge. If your interested in building a bond with the fraternity and want to do charity work with the lodge, consider joining.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightinDarkness
there are no 'secrets' and you will be disappointed if you join looking for them.

Hey buddy! Are you telling me I will not be meeting any reptilian overlords or not getting my share of the Templar treasure? What a rip-off.........

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well, Augustus, I hate to break it to you but apparently you and I are lowly "low level" masons, and the only ones getting to talk with the Reptilians and getting to jump in a pile of the National Treasure gold are those 34th degree masons. Maybe if you and I worship satan enough we'll get to that level!!

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

You know this is >SNIP

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Although the vatican has exonerated the knights templar:

Vatican paper set to clear Knights Templar

(Yeah that's right the Knights Templar were never devil worshipers!!)

I don't think that you will get any answers from them, they were already literally burned at the stake.....no sense in coming out now, while their cover is still good!!

top topics

join