It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put this in the potentially retarded catagory...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Like I said, potentially. By this article's implication, we should start bring bags of lard with us everywhere.

www.iol.co.za...

Jerusalem - Israeli police have come up with plans to place bags of pig lard on buses in a bid to deter Palestinian militants from carrying out suicide attacks, the Maariv daily reported on Thursday.

Authorities believe that the move could discourage Palestinians from carrying out attacks as pieces of their exploded body could come into contact with the pig fat, prejudicing their chances of entering into paradise.

I don't know if that will work. If they are really deadset on killing you, I believe they will still do it just to kill an "infidel".

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i dont care how absurd it sounds, if it helps save lives then it should happen!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I say everyone who gets on a bus, goes to a restaurant, bar, or marketplace in Israel should be required to dip thier hand in pig lard!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
oh oh and then we should deepfry the busses!! mmm...

on a serious note, if it might help save lives then it's worth a shot. maybe instead of police they'll just send hundreds of rabid pigs into palestinian areas.

ir probably won't deter much though... they'll probably think that even though they may touch the pig lard that they'll be doing greater good by killing people.

[Edited on 2/12/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I think Israel should be severely repremainded for breaking international borders. They were very VERY generously given a nation out of someone else's country, and then they continued to invade the other country. How would you like it if half your home town was suddenly given to the Mexicans or to the Armenians, or to the american indians as part of a new country, and instead of just accepting it, they began to invade the rest of your town?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ahhh, but the pig is also seen as unclean in the eyes of the Jews. So that one wouldn't work that well...

Genuis: I have to question whether it will work or not. Touching pig lard versus killing the infidels? I think most of the people who are doing this would go after the latter in stead of the rampant fear of touching the unclean pig substance.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
WHAT!?! Well, that is a screwy rule.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I honestly think that this plan is a very good idea

But I don't really think that it will stop anyone because I think Matyrdom will trump coming into contact with Pig Fat.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I couldn't imagine that there would be much left of suicide bomber to touch the pigs fat,
so bags of pigs lard are supposed to stop suicide attacks?,
yeah right!
True Islam teaches peaces, but these extremist groups will use anything and everything to justify their means, they are quite simply wicked people.
If they really want to end the suicide attacks then Israel should start by ending their illegal occupation of Palestinian territory!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Pig LARD? LMFAO!!
. Are these guys serious.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Why do they hate pigs anyway?? Unclean?? that garbage...bbq pork ribs,pork chops..ect..hmmmmm....Much cleaner than beef..Taste so good..im glad i can eat some for dinner tonight..

I think someone should smack them both around for not eating pork...That is true ignorance if you ask me.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It is just a taboo, why do Americans not eat pigeon or dogs or cats? Some people do.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
It is just a taboo, why do Americans not eat pigeon or dogs or cats? Some people do.

Ya but americans are not afraid they will not goto heaven if the simply come in contact with these animals..hell if I was starving id be eatin up some dogs and cats ect...god would forgive me lol

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Alright then.. how about adultery? that is a mortal sin. Yet the muslim man can have (what is it, 4 , 6, or 8?) wives

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Alright then.. how about adultery? that is a mortal sin.

Last time I checked that never stopped our own presidents from commiting adultery..let alone most citizens.So do they secretly eat pork in private when nobody is looking??? probably not

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Probably because they have more self-control and self-discipline

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Probably because they have more self-control and self-discipline

lol your probably right...no no..you are right

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Also, I Dont see Americans proving their faith by Moharrum, where you cut your self open with BIG swords to prove your faith, round the scalp. Nuts (6-12 Feb 2004 edition) had VERY graphic pictures on page 23.
Their white robes are basically completely red stained with blood, and they are missing the top bit of their scalp because they have cut it off.. Saddam Hussain banned it for being too extreme, and since his fall in power it has come back in as it is a ritual for cleansing by pain.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
ALSO, they dont need to eat pork, they have other animals for food.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
To understand this youd have to understand the extremist Muslim mindset, they believe if they are killed "in the defense of Islam" they will go the express route to "allah's" side. They also believe if the pigfat comes in contact with their sacred bodies they will be prevented from entering into heaven.

early in the last century a potential Muslim uprising was twarted by the rumor that the brits were lubricating their bullets with pig lard. No muslim would face this death and simultaneous "damnation"...

I say its worth a try.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join