It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul contends for second place in Nevada GOP caucuses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectRon41

Fox did give Rep. Paul credit, when Brit Hume and his crew came on he specifically mentioned that RP finished second and gave some kudos to him for his efforts.

I am pleased that RP did as well as he did in Nevada, it should make it harder to exclude him on some future debates, especially if Rudy is invited.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
According to realclearpolitics.com Paul in averaging last place across the state of Nevada. Real clear does a pretty good job of keeping things honest in my opinion.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
He did an awesome job in nevada,too bad he got hammered in South Carolina.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfFile
According to realclearpolitics.com Paul in averaging last place across the state of Nevada. Real clear does a pretty good job of keeping things honest in my opinion.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

How could they be off by that much? Some shenanigans are going on there.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There is a radio program called coast to coast am. I'm sure most of you probably know about it but they have been trying to get Ron Paul on but so far with no answer. Maybe we could start emailing his website to come on the show for an interview. And maybe if he gets enough emails he will come on.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
infinite?

Where's the hate?
Oh, I forgot, you cannot express an opinion about Ron Paul if you don't support him. You guys are like a cult in your collective thinking.

You ask where the hate was, then referred to supporters as a cult.
That's what his supporters are talking about!!

MY question is if all the other candidates are important enough, where are all their defenders? They are voting for "this crop of contenders". There will be another crop next time around. It's not that important to them.

There won't be another Paul next time around.

The things he talks about HAVE TO BE DISCUSSED. War, Economy, personal liberty. Hes the only one with a constitutional take on these things.
The whole rest of the field are some type of interchangable Neo-liberalacons.
I'm talking about the Democrats, and the Republicans, all lock-step in their want for MORE of YOUR money.

I also find it interesting that most attacks on Paul, are of the lowest type, smear pieces. Not many are taking on his issues directly.
Why is that?

So congrats to Ron Paul for his 2nd place finish in Nevada.
He stays in the debates. More people get to hear his message.
Love him or hate him. It's dialog the country needs to hear..

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UScitizen
Maybe we could start emailing his website to come on the show for an interview.

I hope not!

The LAST thing he needs is to be linked with George and Art.

In Pahrump (Nye County’s only real population center) it was fine, but we all knew he was going to win here. Art Bell has the only real Pahrump radio station and judging by the number of Paul ads on it I would guess Art gave him free air time, and a lot of it. I actually felt like I was wasting my time putting up banners and talking to my neighbors in Pahrump, because he had already won. In the last month I focused my efforts more in Vegas, where I drive to for work every morning.

Coast to Coast is the same way. He has won most of the coast audience so there is no need to give Fox News something to make fun of him about.

I can see it now, Ron Paul's face on a bigfoot body or sticking out of a flying saucer with X-files music in the background. That should help things.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You ask where the hate was, then referred to supporters as a cult.
That's what his supporters are talking about!!

Precisely.

The hostility is reflexive, they don't even think about it.

Disappointing but not surprising.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonSays

Originally posted by Ausable_Bill
Why can't these morons just give the man a fair shake??

well we've been saying for a long time there is a conspiracy
against Paul in the MSM. But it's a he!! of a lot more evident
when he comes in 2nd and gets no coverage at all.

I don't care if his name is taken off all the ballots.
I'm gonna write it in .... IN BIG LETTERS
then I'm gonna wait around to see if my vote
comes out in the talley. Cuz I know just as sure
as I'm sitting here, they're gonna try to rail road
the man.

Does MSNBC count as MSM? Cause they's interviewed Ron Paul, they reported him second, made a big deal of it actually. Ron Paul has been on MSNBC several times.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
HHH

MSNBC counts as Mainstream, true.
Even though they have pretty low ratings.
Is that interview still available to view?
I'd like to see it.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't know. I was watching the New Hampshire coverage and Ron Paul was on talking about his chances and stuff. With Kieth Olberman and uh, what's his name, Chris Matthews I think.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
NBC News talking head:

his second place finish will be trumpeted on his internet and he'll raise a lot more money because of it...

So it's not corporate puppets in the MSN we should be worrying about, it's Ron Paul skewing the election with his internet thingy.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join