It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul contends for second place in Nevada GOP caucuses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

lol, xmotex. But all so true.

I'd say going from no chance in hell to this is pretty good:

AND guess what, we are now showing 14%! 1 over McCain. That is very important because now they can't claim statistically that it was a tie. Man oh man am I happy.

www.nvgopcaucus.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kattraxx

A straw poll only indicates the beliefs of those participating.

I think many people are changing their votes in the voting booth. Its one of the last vestiges of privacy we have left. It's also one of the few things most seem to be able to keep secret.

There is no one running in either Party that has won me over yet. I like lots of things Paul has to say it is his being qualified to be President that holds me back the most. Is he? Really?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Not at all====lots of Mormons here.

But really good to see Ron Paul in second, not what the polls try to convince us at all. There is still hope.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Even though I've not decided to vote for him yet, I do like seeing an outsider doing well

To the Hate person,
I can't say I've seen much hate directed toward Paul. It is possible to vote for someone else without it being Hate.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi there, i am interested in what you mean by this:

it is his being qualified to be President that holds me back the most. Is he? Really?

What do you believe makes a person qualified, just out of curiosity, i am not attacking you.... just curious

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Go,Ron Im hoping for a Obama vs. Paul election,I know it's wishful thinking but I think it wolud be a historic race.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
... it is his being qualified to be President that holds me back the most. Is he? Really?

Well that depends on what you consider to be "qualifies."

If you want just another pretty face, Romney's your man.

If you want real change, take a close look at Ron. I don't think anyone could argue that he qualifies in a political sense. Hell, he's got one of the most consistent voting records in the history of Congress, and been a TEN TERM Texas Representative.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Its official, Paul takes 2nd place and wins Nye county over Romney.

An interesting fact about Nye county is that Art Bell broadcasts out of it.

Paul won Art Bell country

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Integrity. That's what qualifies him in my book. And I've never voted Republican in my life. I'm tired of this two party system and I resent being corraled into one of them in order to even vote in the caucus... as an independent citizen. I'm tired of labels that so divide the American people, as they were intended to do. Pretty much every third world citizen recognizes that it's a class war, not a war between political parties, imho.

I hope RP runs as an Independent. I'm so sick and tired of voting for the lesser of evils, and voting for what I don't really want and getting it.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Golack

Nope. I don't believe it. Not until we see a recount.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Rock on Ron Paul! People ask me, "Who's Ron Paul?" I say he's the one who gets denigrated on Fox debates and who the others snicker at when he speaks the truth. Then I tell them to google him like I did.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

On the NVGOPcaucus.com link, scroll down and click on County results. Paul won Nye and other counties, if I'm reading it right.

Edited to add: when I checked it ten minutes ago, Esmeralda county had Paul 35%.

[edit on 1/19/08 by kattraxx]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Some more interesting facts about Nye county.

www.lewrockwell.com...

'The only county that Paul has a chance at winning in Nevada is Nye County, which he is currently winning 419-399 over Romney with 33/34 of the precincts reporting.

Support for Paul is strong in Nye County, home of the proposed Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Repository, of which Ron Paul is the only vocal opponent. Nye County has also been nuked by the federal government almost 1,000 times, 100 of which were above-ground. In addition to that, it is home of Nellis AFB's bombing range. To top it off, 92% of Nye County is owned by the federal government, a sore spot for residents. So, Nye County has been bombed, nuked, and occupied by the federal government for 50 years, and now the feds want to pack its landmark full of nuclear waste. It's no wonder that they support the only candidate that opposes federal power.'

-Nick Bradley

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yes, and it is also the largest county in the state, at least in land mass. Heh, too bad most of it appears to be a nuclear wasteland. You can see that here:

www.lasvegassun.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Yes, and it is also the largest county in the state, at least in land mass. Heh, too bad most of it appears to be a nuclear wasteland. You can see that here:

www.lasvegassun.com...

Interesting to note Fox News called NV for Romney with less than 1% of precints reporting.

Source

I caucused for Ron Paul this morning. Damn glad to see he's taking 2nd.

Nye County went for Paul as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I caucused for Ron Paul this morning. Damn glad to see he's taking 2nd.

It's not so good in South Carolina - but he is still ahead of Rudy -

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

When I see him in the debates he appears to be outclassed. As President he must be able to take command. I don't mean this in a bad way. I think he has good idea's but perhaps he needs to explain them better. Of course none of the Candidates go into detail about their plans on issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

They used Entrance Polling to predict a winner. For some reason that was not possible with Democrats.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I understand where your coming from, but to me it's the same old story with these guys. Car salesman vs heroes.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I know that Faux has a bias against Ron Paul and here is the most recent example of this:

A few things I want to point out here...
1. Fox declared Romney the winner with only 1% of the vote in.
2. While Ron placed 3nd in the VERY early results, as seen in the ticker on the bottom of the screen, they still left his photo out of the "top three" lineup. He later rallied to get SECOND place, but the MSM still isn't talking about it... it's all Romney, Romney, Romney!

Now how obvious is that and how can you still call FOX a legitimate news channel?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join