It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I remember last year a lot of the USA's Bees had disapeared, has anything been discovered over what happened? i read it was theorised that a cell phone frequency was confusing them, i am sure we all know why we need Bees; do you think if the problem was cell phones you could loose them? i often wonder what would happen if a situation arose which would be negative politically but is essential in the big picture do our politicians have the guts to institute change or simply keep passing the buck for the next administration.

Sadly i generally expect the 'buck to be passed', which is why any change is fleeting and slow....

Sorry feeling a bit pesimistic tonight.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Cell phones or chemtrails I bet. I stopped using my mobile phone six months ago. Don't miss it.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Colony Collapse Disorder is what it is being called. The data so far indicates that cell phone frequencies have nothing to do with the problem. It is currently believed to be due to a fungal parasite. Some have proposed that climate change, along with a minor evolutionary change in the fungus, have increased the problem it presents. Research is still being conducted to confirm this and hopefully a solution will be forthcoming soon.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
They eventually tracked it down to a virus, can't rememeber the name. The antidote is pretty cheap, it costs a little over $2.00 per hive to take care of.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So this virus or fungus hits the UK and the US at the same time? And just when loads of cellphone towers go up? All I know is that the phone companies spend a lot of money deflecting the blame.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
University scientists have done studies where phones were placed within the Hive and there was no greater incidence of Colony Collapse Disorder(CCD) versus hives that did not have phones inside. Cell phones are responsible for numerous traffic accidents, but not CCD.

The exact mechanisms of CCD are still unknown. One report indicates a strong but possibly non-causal association between the syndrome and the presence of the Israel acute paralysis virus.[8] Other factors may also be involved, however, and several have been proposed as causative agents; malnutrition, pesticides, pathogens, immunodeficiencies, mites, fungus, genetically modified (GM) crops, beekeeping practices (such as the use of antibiotics, or long-distance transportation of beehives) and electromagnetic radiation. Whether any single factor is responsible, or a combination of factors (acting independently in different areas affected by CCD, or acting in tandem), is still unknown. It is likewise still uncertain whether CCD is a genuinely new phenomenon, as opposed to a known phenomenon that previously only had a minor impact.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It’s also been postulated that GM crops and their insecticidal genes are to blame.

www.spiegel.de...

www.truthout.org...

join