It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Presidential Candidates Talk about UFO Disclosure in Their Campaigns?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Greetings all,

How many of you would like to see the Presidential Candidates address the issue of Ets and UFO's before the United States elections take place?

Should this be part of their top issues in your election ?

For many years those who you have choosen to be leaders have not disclosed the truth about Ets and the Spaceships(UFOs) that have come and gone .

Should this be their top issue as they travel around the Country ?

Blessings In The Light of The Most Radiant One Always,
CmdrAleon

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cmdraleon

With the race being so close between Obama and Clinton, and Mccain and Romney, I doubt any of them want to try anything risky. In close races like this what works best is spreading misinformation about your rival.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
And after the way the corporate-pupeteered media treated Dennis Kucinich, I'm not sure any of these candidates would want to follow suit. Which is exactly what the protocol of ridicule is designed to do-maintain the silence and secrecy.

Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Of course it should be an issue that is discussed. However, as other posters have said it's not likely to come up this year during the presidential primaries. These primaries are too close for the candidates to bring in any subject matter that might paint them as unstable or a loon, or some such...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It should have been discussed a long time ago. IMO, the fact it hasn't and probably won't be in the near future speaks for itself.

To be fair though, I doubt any elected official knows enough or has the courage to speak about such topics. If they do they will likely end up dead floating down the hudson river or at the very least be ridiculed out of office before they even win the elections. Thats how sad our world is!

The real government is the "secret government". The elected government are their puppets! In other words, we "vote" for the puppets that work for the government.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

My personal opinion is that if they did, it would result in immediate collapse of their hope for arriving at the White House. Society hasn't come to the grips yet with the illegal alien issue, much less address the issue of UFO's and Aliens.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
they should only address this topic if it is brought about as a question.
there are for more important topics like the economy, healthcare, et c. that should be the focus of discussions as of right now. there is a time and a place for everything, and now is neither.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

why should they address it ?.....

it would be silly for them to discuss somethings flying around in the air that nobody has any hard physical proof of.

and there is no hard physical proof of aliens or E.T."s

it would be as redundant as talking about Santa Claus

if the goverment does have proof of all this , it is above the presidents security clearance and he doesnt at this point have a need to know...imho

mr. aleon....why do you keep starting new threads when you dont even answer the questions in the threads you have already started ?

[edit on 19-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hey, Leave Santa out of this. The Big guy has done nothing to deserve that kind of ridicule. You watch that filthy mouth. I'll be watching you from now on.

[edit on 1/19/08 by WingedOne]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
they should only address this topic if it is brought about as a question.
there are for more important topics like the economy, healthcare, et c. that should be the focus of discussions as of right now. there is a time and a place for everything, and now is neither.

What a joke! Don't you think the secret government controls that too? They control everything including the economy and healthcare.

As far as ufo disclosure when do you think is the proper time to talk about it? 5, 10, 20 or maybe 50 years from now? Sorry, I would prefer not to wait that long but if you don't mind then god bless you!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In short; no.

Why? Political suicide, that's why.

UFOs, no matter how blatant they may be in traversing our skies at will, are simply too much of a poisoned hot potato for any serious Presidential candidate, or any polititcian, to use as a tool to gain votes.

Because of continued media ridicule regarding the ETH (case in point: the recent Texas sighting was reported on Dublin radio; the newscaster had an audible, almost deliberate grin as she was reading it) no mainstrean politico will ever, given the current attitude towards UFOs as a source of vitriolic scorn, be allowed to voice any genuine concern regarding the subject. And it doesn't matter how frustrated any of us may feel, barring the holy grail of sightings happening, it is never going to happen.

BTW, cmdr, please address easynows question, if you'd be so kind.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedOne
Hey, Leave Santa out of this. The Big guy has done nothing to deserve that kind of ridicule. You watch that filthy mouth. I'll be watching you from now on.

[edit on 1/19/08 by WingedOne]

nice post there winged one

this forum is for discussing ufo related topics and its a shame you dont have anything to say about the subject.

i am sure there will be more then me watching You from now on...'
'

[edit on 19-1-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedOne

sorry, my bad... i didnt realize you know everything

please tell us more so we can see your greatness

i will be a good monkey i promise

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That's better, now continue what you were blabbing about, as if it makes any difference to anyone but yourself. Keep looking over your shoulder for yourself.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

well apparently this 'secret government' is not too secret. if only the 'secret government' knows about it, then how the in the world is a candidate who isnt even in office supposed to be able to talk about it? in fact, if the 'secret government' runs eveything, why dont we all just quit our jobs and go home since there is nothing we can do about it?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If the question is whether the should, then the answer is yes. But they're not going to. It's politically dangerous ground to tread.

I have been recently made aware of the disclosure project. I have downloaded their documents, I saw the press conference and I wrote congressman Harry Reid D- Nevada about the issue and called his attention to the Disclosure Project. If you don't know what it is, below is a link.

www.disclosureproject.com...

new topics

top topics

join