It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee's Son Arrested With Handgun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Source

"David Huckabee, a son of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, was arrested at an Arkansas airport Thursday after a federal X-ray technician detected a loaded Glock pistol in his carry-on luggage."

Wow, that just can't be good for dad's chances.

"District Judge Lee Munson gave Huckabee a one-year suspended jail sentence and ordered him into 10 days of community service which Huckabee can avoid by paying $100. Huckabee will be on probation for a year. Fines and costs totaled $855."

Is it me or does that seem VERY light???

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
That's not good for Huckabee at all. Haven't seen it in the news, coincidence?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In this day and age of kids being arrested for drawing pictures of handguns? Yeah, does seem a tad on the light side. Since its an airport, it falls under federal statutes doesn't it? Awfully light.

How old was this kid? Never mind, he's 26...an adult. I don't see how this affects dad's campaign, or it shouldn't anyway. There definitely seems, on the surface anyway, a little nepotism goin' on here.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
One hand on the bible
One hand on the gun
One hand on the bible
One hand on the gun
- Jim Croce -
from song Which Way Are You Goin

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Heston wannabe?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This subject has already been somewhat covered
even though it wasn't the exact title of the post.

abovepolitics.com

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Though I think Huckabee is a lunatic, I could care less about this, Why?

Because

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

This guy shouldn't be getting any punishment whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by C0le

I wholeheartedly agree. Huckabee's religious zealotry and his son's psychotic episode of animal cruelty are what turn me off to them. Knowing about this gun incident almost makes me want to give him a second look.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

This guy shouldn't be getting any punishment whatsoever.

He brought the gun to an AIRPORT. Where have you been since 9/11? The last time I went through airport security they looked inside my shoes. If it helps to keep terrorists off the planes I don't mind the inconvenience. The guy should have known his luggage would be checked; how bright can he be? I don't think the right to keep and bear arms should be extended to potential hijackers.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

He brought the gun to an AIRPORT. Where have you been since 9/11? The last time I went through airport security they looked inside my shoes. If it helps to keep terrorists off the planes I don't mind the inconvenience.

And? just because they looked inside every part of your personal property doesn't make it right...

I don't think the right to keep and bear arms should be extended to potential hijackers.
It isn't extended to anyone, Its a right of the People, Freedom is a scary thing, its risky, but more likely then not, the guy with a gun will stop the guy hijacking a plane.
The right to protect ones own life isn't dictated by Man, Majority, or Government.

9/11 is proof of what happens to an unarmed people.

[edit on 22-1-2008 by C0le]

new topics

top topics

join