It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hello,

I am just an average american citizen. I don't have a lot of training and experience on government although i do have some very good common sense. I have been a tax payer since i started work when i was 16 years old. One of the first things i did when i got my first paycheck was completely freak out when i saw how much money the government took out for taxes, at the time i didn't know anything about them. Now that i have been in the "system" for about 12 years now i have some basic knowledge how it works. I know the more you make the more you pay in taxes. I'm going to get to my point here real quick keep with me if you can

I live in central north america, here we are taxed on everything. I pay taxes on food,gas,car tags,federal income,state income,property taxes and anything i purchase, you break down just about any bill you get there is always some kind of tax attached to it by the government. I am completely baffled at how much taxes we pay in and the government is still crying for more, i just don't understand it. One of the things i'm very concerned about is "is the government managing the peoples money properly?" my first instinct is probably not. I talk to some people around work and we have these discussions on taxes etc.. we talk about in the beginning of our country there was no taxes and that taxes was instituted to fund the civil war??? correct me if i'm wrong.

Now it just seems that the government is one big cash hog, so big the american people can't suport it any longer and in the wake of the budget shortfalls the government keeps spending digging us deeper and deeper into debt. I was watching a special on television on the dubai phenomenon, one of things they do there is there is No Taxes, the government is setup to be investors and businesses from around the globe are flocking there, we'll see in a few years how well that will turn out but at them moment it seems to be working.

What i'm trying to get at is for one i don't mind paying taxes if its moderate, i believe i'm being overtaxed and to make things worse i think the government is floundering our money. I think there is no accountability anymore or there has never been and greedy people are trying to get their hands on taxpayer money. there's seems to be no vision for balance and integrity for God's sake this is the honest hardworking american taxpayers money show some respect. please post constructive criticism i don't claim to know everything and will admit if i'm wrong, thanks for reading.

Keeper

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct not to mention that taxes are illegal. I don't know all the tax laws but I have talk to some very knowledgeable people (chief of collection for west coast) and he confirmed that taxes are indeed illegal. He is retired now but he said " If people actually new what was going on as far as out tax system is concerned, there would be another civil war in this country. He couldn't stand stealing money from the public so he retired..

join