It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LARRY KING LIVE: UFOS - Questions & Controversy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Transcript of Last Night's show:

KING: Close encounters and UFOs -- do you believe alien beings are out there?

Do you believe they've come to earth?

We'll hear from eyewitnesses, investigators and experts next on LARRY KING LIVE.

Good evening.

Last week several people in Stephenville, Texas, a small rural town of about 15,000 70 miles southwest of Fort Worth, witnessed what many are calling a UFO.

So what were those strange lights in the sky?

We sent a LARRY KING LIVE crew to Stephenville, Texas this week.

Let's hear what some people told us.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ALLEN: We look off this way. We have some lights approaching at a high rate of speed. They came within probably a mile of us, about 3,000 foot over the ground. Very unusual lights, not from around here, went past us toward Stephenville. The lights reconfigured and turned into flames and then it disappeared.

It came back by this way and it had two military jets in pursuit.

~ Article ~

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How did you transcript it?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by commodore64
How did you transcript it?

CNN provides the transcripts on their page.

I think it's interesting that the media - and CNN in particular - has been giving a lot of attention to UFOs recently. However, I think they do it only because these things get a lot of interest and viewers. Especially when it comes to these Larry King Live shows.

I have a feeling of deja vu when watching these last 3 or 4 UFO LKL shows, because it's seems Larry is always asking the same questions. And they always get the same 'skeptics' to try to debunk it. It's going nowhere.

And the 'skeptics'... oh my god! I believe some UFOs are extraterrestrial craft and I have seen a UFO with my own eyes, but I don't mind having a debate with people with different opinions, but these skeptics and the 'arguments' they bring up are ridiculous.

James Mcgaha is the worse of the kind.

MCGAHA: I'm not denying that they saw lights. I am saying they misinterpreted those lights. There was clearly a formation of five aircraft flying in formation with their formation lights on that night. I actually have a video -- I actually have a videotape of that, of those five lights in formation. And I have a confirm eye- witness, who viewed it through a very large astronomical telescope, to say they were individual airplanes.[...]

MCGAHA: I'm not denying it. I am looking at -- simply looking at the evidence. First off, I should say, pilots are not trained observers either. They're trained to fly airplanes. Let's be clear about that, pilots make mistakes identifying things in the sky all the time.

In his own words, people are not trained observers, they just misinterpret things. Nevermind the fact that he says he has ONE EYE WITNESS to confirm his theory.

He claims that not even pilots are trained observers. Nevermind the fact that James McGaha himself was a pilot.

There were thousands of witnesses to the Phoenix Lights - one of them being the former Governor of the state and a USAF pilot at that - that clearly say it wasn't A10's or flares.

But no, let's trust James McGaha. He is an astronomer, ex-USAF pilot, has one video and one eye witness...?
Pathetic..

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm wondering why McGaha is a Ex pilot. Probably because his eyes didn't came thru the test, and now he is frustrated so he became an amature astronomer/ufo skeptic.
Now he makes money as a skeptic where he says that pilots are not good observers.

If a veteran pilot confirms on radio he sees a 300/400 feet long cilindrical object with strobes that move counterclockwise, flying close to his aircraft, then i don't think that pilot is a bad observer.
nl.youtube.com...

McGaha is just frustrated.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The program can be viewed on Youtube

part 1 Larry King

There are four parts.

Interesting that King comes up with a program about UFO's in a short period, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Larry King does what sells. UFOs get viewers. So does Anna Nicole Smith and Lindsay Lohan. Doesn't automatically mean that what is said on those shows is true or worth all the attention

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

This video has been removed by the user.

Just great...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan

Anyone else know where we can view this?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Larry King does what sells. UFOs get viewers. So does Anna Nicole Smith and Lindsay Lohan. Doesn't automatically mean that what is said on those shows is true or worth all the attention

I agree that King will try what sells, but he also wants to be taken serious.
So I do not agree that he will go with anything. UFO sensationalism sells for a long time in tabloids, but not as a "serious" discussion subject in King's show and now it is highlighted 3 times in half a year or so.

It means that the mainstream media are changing politics on the issue, IMO.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by koenw

Originally posted by Breadfan

Anyone else know where we can view this?

Wow you are right, they were all gone. It was a good show. It was the Larry King show of friday the 18th. But there are more postings. I am saving them to be sure they won''t dissapear fro good.

I found some:
CNN larry king p2

part 3

pt ?

pt 4

If you search on Larry King Stephenville you will find them also.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Pjotr]

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Got your PM Pjotr, thanks for the links, will check them out!

BTW, part 1 has been uploaded recently:
video.google.co.uk...

[edit on 20-1-2008 by Breadfan]

top topics

join