It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting From Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Excellent reporting Valhall!

Its great to see some ATSers on the road bringing us the truth.

We need more news like this, straight from the source.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sevenkev

Yep, that's the lady I was talking about. And that is the weird white object I was referring to. That still shows the edges to be more diffuse than I remember, but I'm ready to accept that over my memory! That white circle moved all over the picture and then finally exited on the right side of the frame. Note that the rest of the pic is still dark (not over exposed). The rest of the picture background in that still looks just like the countless hours of video the lady had, so this big bright circle doesn't seem to affect the way the camera is recording the background.

My daughter seemed to think that was important. I don't know anything about how cameras work, so I haven't got a clue.

[edit on 1-20-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hi Val,

I'm so sorry about to hear about Matthew. It would be good if we could have a Missing Persons Section, on the ATS or BTS where photo's could be posted. Where all the members could maybe help out. I know the authorities don't do much for a missing adult. I will pray for Matthew and his safe return.

I heard on a Las Vegas News Station that the marine your looking for is in Mexico. I guess he speaks fluent spanish. Evidently the Mexican Authorities don't have to turn him over to us, if they don't want too.

Val you and your daughter did a wonderful thing here with your reports. I really appreciate it and I'm sure others do too. Thank-you so much for the inside scoop. You too, are in my prayer's. MountainStar

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind words, MountainStar. I would like to share what I know about Matthew here, in case some one in the Houston to Southeast Oklahoma area runs onto to him or his car.

Matthew J. Wilson is a 20 year old RICE University Computer Science major. He has been at RICE since 2005. He graduated Valedictorian from his High School in Haworth, Oklahoma which is located just southeast of Idabel, OK in the far southeast corner of the state. He has been described by his family and school friends as not being "anti-social" but being very dedicated, and almost one-tracked about his education. He was pulling straight A's at RICE and when he disappeared from RICE on December 14th had 4 projects due and his finals coming up. He had never missed an assignment, project or test. He was a man of his word, very dependable, and had promised to take a fellow student to the airport the day after he went missing - she was returning to China to see her family. He did not show up. Matthew was also scheduled to go home to his family on Christmas...he did not show up. His mother is devastated and sits by her phone now..waiting.

Here is what I have taken from the evidence produced by his family and friends to date. This is only my own personal read on the evidence and am open to thoughts I'm mis-reading, or reading too much into things. But I want to share what reached out to me in this.

This is what Matthew looked like prior to just a couple of months ago:

This is what Matthew looked like when he came to visit his family on Thanksgiving (the last time he was seen by them):

I believe the change in appearance has significance.

Timeline of disappearance:

Matthew had a car - a 2003 silver Dodge Neon (OK license plate 863 MCZ). All of his RICE friends, including his roommate, state he rarely drove the car. About the only time he drove it was to Target and a Fiesta grocery store. He walked to all his classes, and the car mainly stayed parked at the apartment he lived at.

On December 10th - 4 days before his disappearance - Matthew went to Target and bought 4 items. A windshield shade for his car, a car cover, charcoal and matches.

I think these purchases show signs of a highly logical mind that is now preparing for something but in an irrational train of thought. Why do I think this?

1. I would never buy a windshield shade for a car in the middle of winter.
2. I would definitely not buy a windshield shade and then also buy a car cover for a car in the middle of winter.
3. Some have stated they believe the charcoal and matches mimics "Into the Wild" where a man abandons society and his last act before heading into the Alaska wilds is to burn his money and his car.

Moving forward:

In the couple of days prior to his disappearance Matthew had been pulling all nighters working on projects with various fellow students. He had completed one of those the night before he disappeared...staying up into the morning hours. The student he worked with took the project and turned it in electronically. The next day - Friday, December 14th, Matthew went to an ATM near campus (one that does not have a video camera so it cannot be confirmed it was him, but I think subsequent actions show it must have been) and withdrew $400 from his account at 3:30 p.m. Just 45 minutes later he came back to the same ATM and withdrew $100 more. Matthew's mother states he never withdrew money like that from his account accept when it was time to pay rent/bills. But Matthew's roommate confirms rent and all bills had been paid at the first of the month. Matthew's mother states this was very uncharacteristic of him, and his RICE friends find it uncharacteristic as well describing him as not really ever spending much money, or having much use for it. By the way, he left over $1000 in the account after the two withdrawals, and FOUR UNCASHED PAYCHECKS THAT HE HADN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO PICK UP. (If he got paid every 2 weeks this showed about 2 months of odd behavior that coincides with the timeline from the last time his family saw him with the changed appearance.)

I believe the two transactions so close together show one of two things: 1. He either spent the 45 minutes buying items he did not want to show up on his debit/credit card and started running out of money (items to prepare to leave???), OR 2. the irrational mind that had taken over was second guessing itself and decided $400 was not enough, but $500 would be.

15 minutes after the second ATM withdrawal Matthew was seen by a fellow student at his apartment, in the kitchen, washing dishes.

Matthew was never seen again. But at 11:00 p.m. that night his roommate was asleep in bed and was woke up by some one coming in the apartment, who he believed to be Matthew. He could hear what sounded like him rustling plastic bags. Apparently the roommate just fell back asleep.

At 11:47 p.m. December 14th Matthew gassed up his car - the same car he rarely drove - at a Valero station north, but still near, his apartment. NOTE: This transaction required him to enter his personal pin number so it is believed this was definitely Matthew. That was the last activity recorded for Matthew. No one has seen or heard from him since.

I believe Matthew's actions show irrationality and hint at schizophrenia. But the Houston police have decided to call this a voluntary disappearance. Matthew has now been missing over a month.

I believe the current Matthew bought the car cover not to protect his car (as the Houston police have speculated), but to conceal his car. I believe Matthew has gone some place to hide - from something or some one - either real or imaginary - but most definitely real to him.

I believe Matthew needs some one to find him. If he has survived the elements this far, he needs help.

[edit on 1-20-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hey you might wanna check out Marfa while your here. When I went there with my family we saw some amazing things. The Marfa lights are the bomb. They scared me when I saw them do things I'd never seen and I talked to the locals, from what I gather, well there really is no explanation.

I think it would be important for everyone who is in there own state to see if they can do some home reporting on some of these events.

Good job though

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

That is just so sad and disturbing.

I hope you find him.

Thanks for this thread and the opportunity to "follow along" with you on your travels.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The first time I read you were going to look for a missing person in Texas I thought you were just listing this to get more attention. And although i liked your report on the UFO-town, I still thought you were just having a blast driving around for fun.

However the Mathew issue truly is disturbing and I do wish you the best of luck in finding him. Please let us know when you find out something.

As it is however it seems you do not have very much to go on. Hopefully you just didn't feel the need to post everything on these forums. I am certain there should have been more information from his roommate/ project buddies etc people... about what he talked about during the past months etc. Could his dissapearance also have a link in his mind with the project he just finished prior to taking off?

Anyways... good luck again.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Well, I'm back home now. Gotta go back to work today. Fretling and I decided we would give it our best shot on one weekend. Though we weren't successful at finding any clues about Matthew, we at least tried. And we spent some good windshield time together.

I really don't have much more about Matthew. There is a website set up by one of his friends here:

findmattwilson.tk...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
We need you to give us the password before we can see the stuff on photobucket. I hope you kept an eye out for chupacabras on your trip as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
We need you to give us the password before we can see the stuff on photobucket. I hope you kept an eye out for chupacabras on your trip as well.

Yeah, I keep forgetting about the photobucket video thing. It was just a silly vid anyway.

We looked for: UFOs at all times, Bigfoot in Eastern Texas and Oklahoma, Matthew, and the bastard Marine.

I forgot all about Chupacabras.

P.S. Our trip was over 1000 miles and took more than 18 hours of actual driving.

[edit on 1-21-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The bouncing white thing is just a bug in front of the camera, because it's so close to the camera.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by omnicron]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alphard

Could his dissapearance also have a link in his mind with the project he just finished prior to taking off?

Anyways... good luck again.

That is a good question. It does seem odd that he would stay up all night finishing a project and getting it turned in only to leave after it was done.

If he knew he would be leaving, which it seems like he did, then why would that project be important when he left others unfinished and didn't complete his finals???

Could there be some clues in that last assignment he finished?

Based on the other information claiming he was dependable and good to his word, I would have thought he would have told the friend he was taking to the airport to get another ride instead of just not showing up.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi, great post.
Hey it just occurred to me.
Didn't Shuttle Columbia get destroyed over Texas?
If so, very interesting...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Has anyone looked at his computer to see what he has been looking up or checked his file section to see if anything is there.

I know my computer shuts down a lot and half the time I can't remember how I got to where I got so I just check that area that scrools down and find it that way.

Hopefully he had a computer. Sent e-mail's anything

Anything unusual missing from his room that he might have taken.

I think his computer is your best bet right now

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hey OP? im new to ATS and im really loveing the community and repour that it has. apart from the hoaxers that you come across. lol but i was wondering during all of your travels have you ever gotten to a location to investigate a sighting and actually been caught up in the action and gotten any pics or footage of it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I see you're definitely looking for it.
Sounds like an interesting trip.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hi Val,

I'm trying to figure out what's going on in Matthew's mind, before his disappearance. He appeared almost obsessive-compulsive where his education was concerned. He wasn't "anti-social", but it appears his talks were fixed on this subject. "He was a man of his word, very dependable." Not suprising with someone suffering from OCD. Very attentive to detail and precision.
The change in his appearance adds significance, but he wasn't hiding the fact from his family. He did visit them on Thanksgiving with his new appearance.

I agree with you on the windshield shade for his car it doesn't make sense. (irrational train of thought). I too believe that Matthew bought the car cover to conceal the car. As stated, he would rarely drive the car yet purchases show he gassed it up. (full-tank?)
It almost appears that he was afraid to drive the car any distance, in the beginning so why would he do it now? I don't believe he did.
It's stored somewhere. It's probably one of the reasons he needed cash so the storage place cannot be traced.

There could have been other things going on with Matthew which would explain his recent irrational actions. I'm thinking paranoid schizophrenia. He could have been hearing voices in his head. I also think Matthew has gone into hiding. Like you said, "From something or someone-either real or imaginary- but definitely real to him. The charcoal and matches indicates abandonment of society.(ie- cooking and purification of water)

Now he wouldn't have much money left so my guess is he would have taken a bus somewhere instead of flying. Unless he bought a bicycle. He certainly didn't appear to have use for money. He was a University Computer Science major. The projects he was working on wouldn't indicate he was testing some of his theories. It doesn't appear it had anything to do with his disappearance.

Why after the second ATM withdrawal Matthew was seen by a fellow student at his apartment washing dishes is beyond me.
Unless he took some dishes with him. Also his roommate states it could have been Matthew rustling bags in the apartment at night. Do you think Matthew was getting some extra clothes ie- sweaters he had stored in plastic? I also believe Matthew needs help. Things are going on in his head that he himself does not understand. When a child is missing the authorities get right on the case. When an adult is missing they right it off, as the persons wishes. Something has to be done to change this. Matthew can not help himself and doesn't understand. It's impossible for anyone to understand in his circumstances. We can only hope someone will take Matthew's hand and lead him down the right path. Where he will receive the help he so desperately needs.

I'm no expert by a long shot Val this is just my intuition. I wish worldwatcher was around. She's good at this.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Top class reporting there Val, And what an amazing thing you and your daughter are going out and doing,

I really hope that theres a breakthrough it finding him,

Someone somewhere has got to know at least something more,

Good luck

And like others i will wish for his safe return,

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Has anyone looked at his computer to see what he has been looking up or checked his file section to see if anything is there.

I know my computer shuts down a lot and half the time I can't remember how I got to where I got so I just check that area that scrools down and find it that way.

Hopefully he had a computer. Sent e-mail's anything

Anything unusual missing from his room that he might have taken.

I think his computer is your best bet right now

As a matter of fact, his computer is one of the factors that leads me to believe he was not thinking rationally. Early on after he disappeared some speculated he had gone off for a few days to finish his projects and study for finals in peace and quiet. Remember, he's a Computer Science major. HE LEFT HIS LAPTOP BEHIND. He left his cell phone behind. The only thing that has been reported to be missing is his car and his backpack.

I do not know if they have analyzed his computer. I fear the Houston police aren't taking this seriously enough.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well, Fretling and I made the national news! (sort of
)

On this CNN report video:

Go to front page of CNN and click on "UFO images, stories swapped by Texans" video link.

At 13 seconds in I'm the woman to the right of the table with the dark leather jacket on and the pink/purple sweater with my thumb on my chin thinking - why doesn't this lady know exactly where this footage is?

At 17 seconds in Fretling can be seen at the back of the room slightly to the left of center standing on a table to get pics of the lady's laptop.

hahaha! Funny stuff.

[edit on 1-21-2008 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join