It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Fake UFO's are created

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Here is the final part 2 of my videos showing elements used in the making of a fake UFO video. Keep your eyes sharp out there...

Manbird12000
Fake UFO's part 2

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
"Great"....

Thanks for bringing this up to people who can make some fun of this.
Thanks for the coming many new threads about fake ufo vids.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by IFeel]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IFeel

Don't be naive ifeel, people are already doing it. I'm sorry if I disturbed your little safe world where everyone films real UFO's and posts them on youtube every minute.

I believe in UFOs, but I don't believe ANY video that shows up on youtube. I MUST not believe in them until I see MUCH MORE evidence that supports the sightings.

Personally, I don't care about the sheep that believe a video of a blurry light dancing around on a screen, there will always be those people no matter what you do. But UFOlogists , who are the expert skeptics, are what WE rely on, to dig through the garbage and help us figure out what is real or not. In case you haven't noticed. NOTHING, has been labeled as 'Real', and even the videos that were once though as authentics, have recently been proven fake.

So in my opinion, this is a state of emergency, a time to cleanse the minds of ufologists who have no idea what home computers and simple software are capable of. It's YOU guys that need to know of this, not the general public.

If you're trying to convince the general public that UFO's are real and that they are to be taken seriously..........FORGET IT.

Most of the ones that Believe are the ones that saw a convincing fake.
Most of the ones that don't believe have saw a convincing fake...
then there are those of us (me included) who do believe because we look further than the video.

You're arguing a loosing side my friend.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow.

Your fake video looks just like many of the videos claiming to be real.

I actually agree with your opinion on it all.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

manbird12000, thank you again for putting your efforts in order to help the people to know more about CGI.
Keep in mind that that one is a personal opinion which doesn't match ATS one.
I guess that he wasn't aware about you actual purpose:
anyway, IFeel, this is the chapter two of a work that manbird12000 is doing in order to help the people UNABLE to distinguish a CGI from an actual footage to recognize the basic fingerprints of a CGI.
If you are interested in chapter one, you can find it here,
Perhaps the answer to the UFO fleet videos
and anyway there's no reason to be RUDE.

[edit on 19/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ditto for me.

Manbird's work is both very impressive for what it represents and a very important contribution to this community. It should not be underestimated or derided and should remind the aware viewer that there are many forms of 'ignorance'

Given the overall number of responses in support of the average thread purporting to represent anonymous videos of anomalous phenomena I cannot help but suspect that a large majority do not actually realise just exactly what a standard 'off the shelf' rendering package can do.

Individuals should remember that within a given field there are many forms of representation. Unfortunately this particular field deals with the most nebulous of realities... that which is constructed by human perception. And as we are seeing there are many ways to fool that perception with no media so convincing to the secondary observer as the visual modalities.

REMEMBER: The best special effect is the one you do not realise is there...

And on a side note.... Manbird12000, what are you using as your primary light renderer? Your work seems to involve multiple layering with additional secondary camera curves/envelopes, as far as i was aware that wasn't something you could play with for free...

(though, to be honest i have been out of the tracer game for a number of years. The last thing i used was Lightwave 4.5)

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hot job dude. Vue 6 I think I gotta get...how is it to work with?

Here's a shot from a series of stills I was challenged to make by the Meier case folks, who claimed that small models on strings shot with forced perspective (No Photoshop) couldn't account for Meier's photos...how wrong they were.

A few months ago I saw it posted on another board somewhere, where people were claiming it was real. I literally had to post the shot of the model to get them past it. (It is btw, a used prop from "Attack of the Flying Saucers", made by Harryhausen...just a recast small model sprayed silver and suspended from invisible string.

CGI's awesome stuff, but back in the day (and sometimes still today) this is one of the ways people got so incredibly fooled.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

Hot job dude. Vue 6 I think I gotta get...how is it to work with?

Jeff, if you ask me, this work hasn't been made with vue 6. He took a pic as background than he made the animation: maybe after effects. not sure. This work could have been made with other older software, but no need to use vue 6.

[edit on 19/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
There are billions of ways to create fake UFOs.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thankyou internos for your support. I'm glad I didn't get banned a few weeks ago!

I hope the video helps, at least to show that these kinds of videos can be created quite easily.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Absence of Self

Hi Absense of Self, thankyou! I completely agree with everything you said, it's all about knowing what simple software can do. That' was the main purpose of the video and I hope it helped.

The lights I used Effectslab, which is basically a 2-D video editing program, wher eyou can insert various effects such as optic FX, and film color and texture, masking effects.

The camera shaking effect is mostly achieved by keyframing in a several groups of frame movements, and then copying and overlapping them into the rest of the clip. Other methods involve literally filming the video on my computer screen, and then post editing out the monitor edges. This technique was used for this video. However, most of my vids use the software method.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Hi Jritzmann! Holy Moly, That picture you posted looked VERY real. I tell you, that pic is going to circulate over the internet for many years to come, with claims that it is real.

I learned from making the Los Roques UFO video, that once you get the ball rolling. there is nothing you can do to stop it.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here's a video by Micheal Shermer showing not only how to fake UFO photos, but how easily a professional is fooled by them!

comedy.videosift.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Excellent post Manbird. I enjoyed the first video as well.
You've got a talent for this sort of thing.

I'm interested to know, from someone like you who created these vids, what are your usual first steps when examining a video, to check for such CGI?

I totally got fooled by an imaging effect in another thread recently where an object seemed to go behind the clouds. Your faux mothership does the same, but obviously using a different technique, since yours was not a 'real' or 'physical' object in the video.

May I ask about this specific feature of your film? How did you fake that particular aspect, and how can I spot it when it's faked in the future?

Thanks for your help, and VERY informative post!
Flag and Star from me!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Really. I thought I'd read in the youtube comments that it was Vue 6 based. There's a comment about randomizing the palm configurations where it's mentioned.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Hi jritzmann, the comments you read on that page was from a guy who talks about my 3-D rendered UFO's. But this one is definitly all 2D.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

I have a group of pictures showing the software interface during the creation of that video and others that might be usefull, but I do not know how to post them here. Any help?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Absolutely! It's easy once you get the hang of it. Took me a while to sort it out too

First you need to host the image, the site www.imageshack.us... was recommended to me, and it seems to work well so far

Once you've uploaded your image (for free, I might add) imageshack will give you a confirmation page with a lot of links and embed codes on it.

Just scroll down to the bottom of that page, where it says "Direct Link to Image URL" or something very similar, should be the last link on the page.
Copy that text.

In another window, formulate your response to the thread.
In your response, click on this image:

If your browser blocks pop-ups, you will need to click the 'allow popups' bar that comes up, if not it will go directly to the input box popup.

If the browser is blocking, you'll need to click the 'post image' icon again to get the input pop up window.

Once you get that pop up, paste your URL link from the imageshack page there, and click enter. It will give you the proper code automatically.

Also, it helps to preview the post before posting it, to make sure the image comes through ok.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance!

And thanks for your reply, I can't wait to learn more!

-WFA

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is a pic of the 2nd los roques ufo, I lifted it a little higher from the horizon, it's showing the trees in vue6, you will either see palm trees or euclyptus trees most likely.

This picture shows a frame rendered today from that same los roques ufo, showing how easily vue6 renders sunlight and hazy conditions.

Here's a picture showing a frame of the high speed pass of the los roques UFO,

Here's the same frame of time from a different viewpoint, showing that all I have modelled was the mountain and a few trees and a hut.

Here's another UFO I made, showing what can be possible by dirtying up the picture to resemble an old 70's photo, experts in photography would be able to do a much better job, again..an easy 30 minutes ot create.

Now on to business, here is the display of the software i used to create the latest fake ufo (posted at the top of this thread), you'll see the mothership .bmp file approaching the clouds, you'll also noticed that I have masked a portion of the cloud where I want the UFO to go under..

Here's a close up showing the UFO and the cloud mask. notice how the UFO was actually very low quality. But even more important to learn is that once again, it doesn't require an expert artist to craate these ships, since in the video, it looks QUITE real..

Now this picture you'll see that I have turned off the first mask (notice UFO in front of clouds) and turned on the second mask for the other portion of the cloud, the spiky part at the bottom, was so that I could move the mask, frame by frame with the building..otherwise it is hard to match the scroll movement precisely.

This is a picture showing the masking of the mountain..you'll see the 'childlishly drawn ufo approaching)

Here is the last portion of the mountain being masked..

Now, you'll see a much bigger UFO (bright light) identical to the one used for the video, in actuality, all it is, is a bright light optic effect. It travels from left to right on my panoramic picture.

Here is an overview of the picture used. Note: It does not have to be a panoramic picture, regular pictures found on the internet will do fine as well. The dashed square is my viewframe, this is the view frame you are looking through during the video. Basically it's my camera.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This picture shows the reference frame to the left. In the film you would only see this portion of the picture.

Notice that once you have a few masks in place, you can throw a pitcure of a car up there and it will appear to be behind the clouds. For fun, I threw in the Los Roques UFO.

Check out my next post for links to these pictures in larger format. I hope these pictures helped. Key things to look for in a CGI video is in my next post

[edit on 20-1-2008 by manbird12000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join