It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Issues Nuke Warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

yes ive thought it through and i also thought about what would happen after such big talk if they did nothing. and i belive whether they used a nuke or a surgical strike of the standerd variety. they most likely would back up iran, goota keep up the relationship with them to both make that extra money selling weapons and nuke material and keep that oil flowing .

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

What would happen if they did nothing? Russia use a tactical strike on whom? The US? That sounds kinda like a joke. The US would also destroy any plans of that. All Russia really has are there Nukes, that is why they threaten with those.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

well besides looking like someone who talks a big game but dosent follow through with the talk. it would also undermine there relations with iran, and more importantly could lead to morale loss in there own people. but besides that yes they have more then nukes the have subs, the have jets , the have missels and dont forget good old fasion suitcase bombs.so a strike isent exactly untinkable.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

The US & Isreal have no real business in Iran anyway.

If Russia Nukes em for attacking Iran, then they will have gotten everything they deserve for trying to be the worlds "playground Bullies".

As for the Missile shield.....lol

We're spossed to be working to reduce nukes, not put up shields on another countries doorstep in an attempt to provoke them into a frekken war!!!

I tell yer, if Russia Nukes My country (one of americas Allies), because of this stupid act, I'll be pretty quick to change sides & point my gun in the direction is needs to be pointed!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bakednutz
Im just not understanding why Russia would make a comment like this unless it is just for attention.

I believe they make them largely for domestic consumption as they are pretending to be all but dead when it comes to larger international issues.

Think about, by the time Russia launched just one Nuke our way we would be launching hundreds of ours their way. What would be the point?

Sure the US could launch thousands , not hundreds, of warheads on their many hundreds of missiles but so could the RF and they have more and generally bigger one's! What they also have is a national anti ballistic missile defense system sporting at least a few thousand missiles and probably, as the US, a few more secretive weapons that might or might blunt nuclear strikes.

If we base our views on what is admitted in defense and intelligence journals it turns out we have no reason to suspect that the RF is any less able to project strategic weapons than the US and that any war between the two might mutually destructive or entirely one sided. Based on open sourced material i happen to believe that the changes in governments and global economics strongly suggets that the RF holds the aces but as in the past they might simply be bit players doing their part in bringing apart the fall of a potentially much stronger USA.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Well something that the other countries know and understand is this. The USA is the ONLY country in the world that if it is totally obliterated to the pint of nothing or it being left, we will still wipe them out.

But what would be the point? Does the US have anything like the civil defense infrastructure that the Russian federation could relatively quickly reactive?

Our Ohio class submarines are below the arctic ice and no one including us can track them. They listen for the ELF signal that transmits through everything stating basically "I am OK" The day they do not receive this signal they break through the ice and launch. Each sub is as powerful as most countries nuclear arsenal.

We die they die, its automatic. If we are anything we are clever.

But ICBM's can be shot down and have been since the 60's. Do not believe in the supposed invulnerability of such weapons or that others may believe that mutually assured destruction to be a acceptable standard. What i should rather ask of you is why you believe the US dismantled it's anti ballistic missile installations in the late 60's while the USSR and later Russian continued to build up and modernize it's own?

Stellar

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Actually, I think your viewpoint is from an anti-US bias as you read these defense and intelligence journals just as many pro-US people use data for their own agenda.

Also if you are talking about the S-400 system as a missile defense network against ICBMs then don't throw speculative articles about possibilities but show us something tangible as a confirmed test of an S-400 system downing an ICBM. A confirmation like we see in the headlines of the news when the system the US is working on downs a missile. If you can't show a source for a confirmed missile kill then everything said about that should be taken with a grain of salt the size of a bowling ball.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You know what I find extremely weird about this? Last Night I had a dream of a bunch of Nuclear weapons going off, all over the USA and many parts of the world. I got a little "chill" when i read this...

Anyways, spooky stuff aside, this is just Russia's way of reminding the world that they have the power to inflict serious damage on anyone who goes against their interests, much like how the current administration does.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It's all to do with Georgia wanting to join NATO.

The area of South Ossetia wants to become independent and join the Russian Federation.

Remember the incident involving them with an alleged air strike by Russia last year...

Russian air strike is proven fraud.

So, when Southern Ossetia and Abkhazia want to separate from Georgia is not ok, but for Kosovo is ok.

Hypocrisy of West!

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Also, If the US fall's or is no longer able to project it's might around the world, I see it being like the fall of the Roman Empire.
We would see a dark ages like no other.

It is common fallacy that Roman Empire fell in V century. It only fell western part of Empire, and the eastern part survived until 1453.

Originally posted by krill
it did say that such protection extends to its allies and seeing as how russia and iran have become quite chummy i dont think its to far a streatch to imagine they would back them up. however i did not say that it would happen just that it could happen and i belive thats a preety big distinction to make.

Iran can defend itself properly and don’t need Russian help. As I already said, Russia would profit from an attack on Iran.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

could you please explain to me where the profit is to be made by russia if iran is attacked, im not saying your wrong i just dont see it , maybe you know something i dont im not exactly well versed on the subject.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Vojvoda

could you please explain to me where the profit is to be made by russia if iran is attacked, im not saying your wrong i just dont see it , maybe you know something i dont im not exactly well versed on the subject.

Just like Russia profited from attack on Iraq - high prices of oil, gas [which drastically boosted Russian economy], and overstretching US Empire [good old Kutuzov strategy].
Any attack on Iran would skyrocket price of oil. Great for Russia, and very bad for USA.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
Actually, I think your viewpoint is from an anti-US bias as you read these defense and intelligence journals just as many pro-US people use data for their own agenda.

And if you will do more than just share your particular bias with us we may know if your view is subtansive or from a 'pro-US' bias.
I have in the past proved that can at least show where i get my views from and unless you have a similar record on this forum i suggest you start telling us where you get your views from.

Also if you are talking about the S-400 system as a missile defense network against ICBMs then don't throw speculative articles about possibilities but show us something tangible as a confirmed test of an S-400 system downing an ICBM.

Well i am not even talking about the S-400 system and that's relatively obvious given the fact that the RF does not widely deploy the system. I am talking about the S-300 varieties and even older systems.

A confirmation like we see in the headlines of the news when the system the US is working on downs a missile. If you can't show a source for a confirmed missile kill then everything said about that should be taken with a grain of salt the size of a bowling ball.

Thanks for telling people what they should believe and why.
Are you willing to post the reasons why you believe shooting down ICBMs to be such a complex endeavour and thus supply a reason why anyone should still be doing missile tests to prove that obvious reality? Have you looked at my past posts on Russian and American missiles tests in the 60's ?

Stellar

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

For one thing oil prices will go trough the roof thus massively increasing their energy revenues as well as further bankrupting a enemy ( the US ) economy while slowly grinding up the equipment that makes modern warfare possible. The US can at this stage replace personal far faster ( you can always resort to a general draft) than it can equipment and at current repair rates it will take the US armed forces well into the next decade to bring their operational capabilities back to pre 2003 Iraq invasion levels. IF the US engages itself in another ground war it can kiss it's all volunteer force idea goodbye and there simply wont be enough foreign mercenaries to fill gaps created by the absence of US personal.

If you look at the bribes that the US army must already pay American citizens to join it's readily obvious that any increase in threat will have to correspond to a serious decrease in US jobs to ensure enough desperate 'volunteers'. While all that is happening the world learns more and more about the American national security states genocidal foreign policy decisions thus allowing Russian leaders to further manipulate complete events to gain even more advantage from US aggression. I The US does attack Iran i doubt Russia will respond with overt aggression but do expect very very bad weather.

Stellar

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

thank you for pointing that out to me i had not been aware of the rise in oil prices idea, to tell the truth it completly never crossed my mind. i was aware that they provide a large quantity of oil, but for some reason did not connect the dots.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wrote about this in another thread feel free to check it out
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
but with that being said

Fellow ATS members I want to throw something out there that has been talked about for quite some time but I want to go into a little more detail. War with China & mabey even Russia is not a question of if its a matter of when. Ill give some examples...

First the propaganda machine our media is already getting the ball rolling showing images of the China military and asking why the no one is talking about them and how their power is rising. Many more subtle statements not just on Fox news but ALL of them.

Second Missile Defense Systems and Japan and Eastern Europe. We have an army In Japan to the east, S Korea and Australia and Taiwan to the south. Eastern europe and soon to be the whole middle east to the west. We are slowly laying our chess pieces into place and when its time we will put them to use. Iran & Iraq is just small potatos...just an energy grab to grease the military machine that is going to be rolled out when it is time.

It starts to become more obvious over this whole Pakistan nuke ordeal. We will soon find out troops in Pakistan "protecting nukes" when in reality we will be there "controlling nukes" I mean why do you think we have really put so much time and money into a rogue dictatorship if there truely wasn't something in there for us.

China and Russia knows this is coming and this is why they are doing a lot of military exercises together and sharing intel. Both are raising their defense spending and russia is pulling out of agreements and sending bombers and planes all over the world.

Oh yes China is preparing to dont assume they are stupid they have been loading our country with spies and using business as an excuse to set up shop right here in our country.

So the question is why China? What would we gain by fighting and taking over a country like China? Ok well first off we owe China a lot of money. They have bought a lot of our debt and currency and recently is talking of selling it off. Kinda like what the King of France did to the Templars France owed the Knights of the Templar a lot of money. So instead of paying it back it was easier to wipe them out at the same time wiping out the debt that they owed.

Second off think of the money the Elite will make financing a huge world war including China and Russia. They will make a mint and it will cost them nothing. It will cost normal working class people sons daughters brothers and sisters...The elite..the ones who control this world I think some people call them part of this NWO their kids wont be going to fight this war.

Third the elite will now control a lot of slave labor in china and the worlds biggest industry area that china has built up to be. Once again making a mint.

Fourth Ill throw this out there to satisfy the NWO people Im not sure if I 100% agree but it could very well be this is one of the last steps in becoming this one world. with China and Russia out of they way who could possibly stop is at this point? Iran? N Korea? Venezuela? Cmon.

I just want to close by saying it takes an open mind to accept this and please add more reasons why you think this is happening I know there are many more Im just throwing this together on the fly or feel free to tell my why Im full of it

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hmm... this sounds like that John Titor stuff. The part where John Titor mentioned Russia nuking the United States as they invaded Russia. Pretty suspicious... like Russia already "knows" that something might happen.

I wonder how these governments could know something that we don't?

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
this is getting scary!!!!! i think to ego plays such a big part---bush thinks he's bad----iran refuses to be the u.s.'s b-tch. russia will not be punked by us---i think the china are quietly, waiting for the opportune time---they may be the most sneaky!!!!
and everyone, these countries,,and especially leaders refuses to be "punked" by another

we could stop all this today!!!

look our own reports say iran hasn't had a program in 3 years

we should back off a bit-----let the dust settle and give sanctions another chance-----i see this isn't gonna be just a us--iran thing---many others are gonna jump in

besides the fact--right now we can't afford a war--financially or troop wise!!!

granted we may be right--i'm not arguing that---but we are on possible WW3's doorstep---let's not act hastily or regret

i can't wait for bush's tenure to end!!!!! maybe then we can"give peace a chance"
oh great---i'll be singing that song all day long

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

around 2001 china and russia together with 3 Asian states formed the Shanghai Corporation Organization. If i am not mistaken one of its intents was to remove western presence from the region. Do you honestly believe china and russia will allow such an attack on Iran?

www.rferl.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by krill

around 2001 china and russia together with 3 Asian states formed the Shanghai Corporation Organization. If i am not mistaken one of its intents was to remove western presence from the region. Do you honestly believe china and russia will allow such an attack on Iran?

www.rferl.org...

It's actually Shanghai Cooperation Organization, not corporation.
(Шанхайская организация сотрудничества)

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

thanks for the correction on the cooperation rather than corporation. would you please elaborate on my post as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join