It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Issues Nuke Warning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

That makes more sense than anything else. It does seem that Russia is more than interested in controlling them.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Spot on!

Thats the thing I find amazing. So many never even consider the U.S being defeated.
It frightens me to think of a world without the U.S - as many as there are who dislike the U.S, I find some comfort in knowing the current way of life is much better than a life under the rule of Communism or Islam.
But when I look at biblical prophecy, the beast, the false prophet and the entire world gathering forces to attack Israel. I know for a fact that the U.S would NOT be one of those countries gathering forces against Israel.
So where is the U.S when these things take place?

Revelation 17 and 18 ?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

"Thats the thing I find amazing. So many never even consider the U.S being defeated.
It frightens me to think of a world without the U.S - as many as there are who dislike the U.S, I find some comfort in knowing the current way of life is much better than a life under the rule of Communism or Islam."

You are more correct than you know.

I know for a fact that the idea has not crossed most peoples mind in the US-or most other countries for that matter.

Some may cheer the US, some jeer them, but few really consider life without them.

Like the old saying, democracy is the worst form of government in the world, except for every other kind.

Also, If the US fall's or is no longer able to project it's might around the world, I see it being like the fall of the Roman Empire.
We would see a dark ages like no other.

[edit on 1/19/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Russia is not going to destroy itself for Iran or Syria. We (the US) are not going to attack Iran. Bush haters want us too so they can say see I told ya so.

Anytime I see someone making statements in Absolutes it gives me pause. You nor I can say for SURE what will happen or why. Not Everything has to do with the current leader of the US.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
reply to post by HooHaa

But when I look at biblical prophecy, the beast, the false prophet and the entire world gathering forces to attack Israel.

Jesus vs Mohamed...

Catholicism vs Islam...

Witch is better ?

I don`t know and I don`t care...To be honest...

We were all raised in different ways of life and values...

Only God knows...

But who is God ??? Why always portrait God as a human, of skin color, and etc...

Why is it that for every civilizations on Earth, from our childhood, we were not told the truth ? About life after death and so on ???

We learned to count and read...We were good machines to pay taxes to the government and make them richer....

We should no be told the reality of life because we would be not of interest to the $ociety..

Israel, a small country lost into an Islam crusade, has to deal with it`s racial and religious problems...

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Its probably just russia's way of saying "If you think your going to invade near us and eventually get to us, your gonna get nuked." They are just being extremely defensive and almost offensive truthfully. Its a bold statement to make but the world is in conflict so of course something like this happens.
WW3 is inevitable but this ain't it. You don't see nuke threats like this everyday though- I'll give you that.

If this was China I would be alittle more worried.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Im just not understanding why Russia would make a comment like this unless it is just for attention. Think about, by the time Russia launched just one Nuke our way we would be launching hundreds of ours their way. What would be the point?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is from a polish citizen concerned about the missile defense system being built there-

The main fear is that the area will become a target for retaliation by Russia, which vigorously opposes President Bush's plan.

"If they build the missile defense base here, it'll be a magnet and the first place the Russians will shoot their missiles," said Tadeusz Krajnik, a 55-year-old retired air force technician who lives in one of the brightly colored Communist-era apartment blocs next to the base.

"Let's tell the truth here: It's not aimed against Iran, or against Vietnam or whatever — it's against Russia."

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080119/ap_on_re_eu/poland_missile_defense_town]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grinder

But who is God ???

That really is the Key question. The best selling Book of all time may reveal something of His character.

The History of Israel really is remarkable. Scattered to the four corners of the Earth only to be reestablished almost 2,000 years later.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well actually, I've always held that a first strike using missile subs off the East and West coasts could be pulled off relatively easily, if a major power feels it has no other choice.

Assuming that the intent is to end the US's interference outside it's region, and not to destroy the US entirely, it may be possible to pull off a surprise attack and escape major retaliation.

Using small IRBMs, perhaps covertly mounted on cargo ships or other non-military vessels a few hundred miles off the coasts, an attacker could reduce the effective warning time to less than ten minutes, perhaps less than five. And since the US couldn't quickly identify where the attack is coming from, it would be hard to retaliate.

Take out DC and the Pentagon with a surprise attack and you've achieved decapitation - they're well within range of a vessel in international waters.

At the same time take out the major naval bases on the East and West coasts, to permanently cripple the US's ability to project power into the attacker(s) theatre. Take out Newport News, San Diego (ruh roh I'm toast!), Mayport, Everett, and Pearl, and you've effectively annihilated the US's logistics chain.

Then offer a cease-fire, leaving the other population centers intact so the US still have something left to lose, and the Midwestern Minuteman fields untouched as a strategic guarantee that there will be no further strikes.

The remaining US leadership, if it has any sense at all, will take the deal.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Im not sure they would take the deal. What about our Nuclear armed subs staitoned around the globe? We could be crippled but as soon as we knew where these came from I dont think the US would hesitate to take them out.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Take out DC and the Pentagon with a surprise attack and you've achieved decapitation - they're well within range of a vessel in international waters.

Well something that the other countries know and understand is this. The USA is the ONLY country in the world that if it is totally obliterated to the pint of nothing or it being left, we will still wipe them out.

Our Ohio class submarines are below the arctic ice and no one including us can track them. They listen for the ELF signal that transmits through everything stating basically "I am OK" The day they do not receive this signal they break through the ice and launch. Each sub is as powerful as most countries nuclear arsenal.

We die they die, its automatic. If we are anything we are clever.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
reply to post by HooHaa

Spot on!

Thats the thing I find amazing. So many never even consider the U.S being defeated.
It frightens me to think of a world without the U.S - as many as there are who dislike the U.S, I find some comfort in knowing the current way of life is much better than a life under the rule of Communism or Islam.
But when I look at biblical prophecy, the beast, the false prophet and the entire world gathering forces to attack Israel. I know for a fact that the U.S would NOT be one of those countries gathering forces against Israel.
So where is the U.S when these things take place?

Revelation 17 and 18 ?

sheesh
You are missing the obvious:
the US is busy trying to dismantle Israel in the name of peace for votes at home and arab oil 'friendship'
she is doing this to her own peril because God said in the Book of Genesis
Gen 12:3
bless Israel- be blessed
curse Israel- be cursed!l
God is not asleep like the pentagon poobahs
y

Gen 12:2 And I will make you a great nation. And I will bless you and make your name great. And you shall be a blessing.
Gen 12:3 And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

That is exactly it. The subs!

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

It's not that we couldn't retaliate massively - it's just that nothing would be gained by doing so by that point.

Doing so would mean sacrificing our remaining cities (most of them would not be touched in the initial attack) and deterrent capability.

Not a good deal.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
as its allready been pointed out this has been us policy for some time russia is just catching up. the part of this that worries me is that now that they have stated this if we continue to meddle with iran and join israel on the idea of taking out those power plants and related buildings that we could be nuked for the stupid political move of a president hopeing to seal the deal on a legacy in his final year.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I agree with xmotex on this point. We won't 'find out' anything. Decapitation leaves one looking for ones body, Not trying to find out who just cut your head off. And if you can't readily identify your attacker, then you don't just start shooting off Nukes and assure total annihilation.

No, they can use the 'Terrorist' card just as well as we can.
All Warfare is based on Deception. Sun Tzu

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

That is pretty far fetched to say Russia would Nuke the US for taking out Iran's nuclear power plants? Why would Russia risk everything for something that would not even involve them? Im sure there is some economic reasons, but come on, they would face total annihilation.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

it did say that such protection extends to its allies and seeing as how russia and iran have become quite chummy i dont think its to far a streatch to imagine they would back them up. however i did not say that it would happen just that it could happen and i belive thats a preety big distinction to make.

posted on Jan, 20 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

You did never say they would do it, i know this. But i think it is a super far stretch to even consider it a possibility. Do you realize what would happen to Russia if they launched a nuke at the US?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join