It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Issues Nuke Warning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe Russia is stupid enough to use a nuclear weapon-no matter what they rant.

That said, I DO believe they would be more than happy to get involved militarily -probably ME.

Even so, I doubt Russia would directly confront the US militarily.
I DO, however believe they would be happy to have one of their proxies do it.

In fact, this would probably be just what they want.
Imagine if Russia was stupid enough to give nuclear weapon(s) to Iran and or Syria (if they have not already)

Iran/Syria uses it on Israel-we all know they want to and would-and THEN Russia can threaten Israel/Us against retaliating.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Russia is a declining country with negative population growth.

Russia is not a declining country, but has negative population growth.

The government is paranoid due to so many domestic problems, that it's making outlandish statements in order to maintain control and display Russia as a powerful nation (which it isn't)

Russia is powerful and government is not paranoid. I would say US Government and President are paranoid.

If the credit crisis continues and the Western economies decline, we will all pull our money out of Russia and it's economy will decline again.

Hello! Russia doesn’t depend any more from western credits, Yeltsin is dead!
If somebody depends that’s large parts of Europe which depend from Russian gas and oil.

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I agree 100%. Iran and Russia are buddy buddy. From all that I have read, my opinion, is Russia will not allow anyone to attack Iran with out facing her first. She is Mr. Shorty's bodyguard so to speak. Iran and Russia have invested too much in each other.

Russia is just making sure Isreal understands completely before putting the so called smack down on Iran.

Considering all the egos on the board at this time, and all the egos quietly waiting to jump in, I agree with the poster that it could very well lead to WWIII. Unless someone folds and drops the matter all together

Why should Russia care if USA/Israel attacks Iran? Russia would profit from conflict, not lose.

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
2) a powerful US military presence continually choking off Iran, Syria, and the middle east and which is threatening Russia's oil supply

How US military presence is threatening to Russia's oil supply?

And you missed one more important thing where USA and Russia have complete different views – Kosovo.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

That sounds like it would be about the best answer.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar

NO, it sounds like the start of WW3.

It is frightening to think some want this to happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
We need to remember that this statement wasn't made in a vacuum. Israel with US help has just launched an ICBM into the same waters as Russia is firing into. Russia has made another nuclear shipment to Iran despite Israeli protests. Tensions are escalating and this is part of that escalation.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
maybe you people should contact StellarX to provide his valuable opinion

he may provide some very good insights on this

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
John Titor was perhaps right. The US will break down in 08 due to economic recession/depression, political events (ron paul revolution/vote fraud/hillary/north american union/police state), the middle-east is heading towards war again, Russia asking for pre-emptive war against the US, talks about an unified european army... the only thing left is China expanding and open fighting in the US by 2012. If North american Union and police state mesures are going the rate they've been going since 2001, there will be confrontations between the US government and citizens in the next 2-3 years, that's for sure.

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

Could you please post a source for your statement-The Israeli ICBM landed in the water in the same area as Russian testing.

I think you ment, Israel launched a missile inside it's border and it "landed" inside of Israel land border.

Yahoo news

"Amateur photos posted on Israeli news Web sites showed a white plume in the sky above central Israel."

Nowhere have I found any reference to a missile from Israel leaving it's borders-if you have any references or links about this, could you please post them form all of us?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The rest of the world will not sit back and let the Neocons take over the world. No way. I do not blame them one bit. They see the truth even though our media will never show it. America is an aggressive and imperialistic nation bent on profit and conquest regardless of the cost in human suffering or money. It is engineered to push the East into direct conflict with us.

Russia will NOT let us simply surround them with military bases and missles, and who can blame them? We do NOT belong over there messing with others nations, either Iraq or Iran or any others. We will end up being destroyed over the lousy state of Israel and its amoral ambitions in the region.

I wish I had the money to leave America and find a safe haven before the bombs start falling: If China and Russia and a few others decide enough is enough, and who could blame them, then we will see nukes turn this nation into charcoal...sure, we will dustify them also, but who wins? Only the global elite who have thinned the populations and have the ability to control the survivors.

This is a sick and dangerous world, and it is all the worse for what is sitting in the White House right now: Murdering scum with no morals and no God except money and power. maybe a good nuke war would set things on a course that would lead to a better world someday: As it is now, we are heading into a facist totalitarian state now, and what could be worse? Let em rip!!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

then , you should go to australia or india , and yes its best to leave USA, the sinking Titanic of history ,
'
prepare your lifeboat in case you don't wanna drown

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ok so since this is so dang serious I am now going to get funny. US decides to wage war against SUN. Or maybe its Russia against the sun?

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Maximize that and its funny

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

The Israeli propulsion test coincided with a tactical Russian missile launch and landed in the same part of the sea. It sent out a signal that the entire Mediterranean, including the permanent bases Moscow is in the course of establishing in the Syrian naval ports of Tartous and Latakia, are within range.

www.libertypost.org...

It seems Russia and Israel are having some disagreements.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There was an old preacher back in the 20's or 30's i dont remember. Anyways he had 3 prophecy's and 2 of the 3 had come to pass just as he had them. The third involved a female president or queen. Back then he never considered a woman as a prez. He interpreted it as the woman talked about in revelation. The prophecy went like this. A woman is in charge, a short time after this china sneaks subs on both the east and west coasts. Then radio towers appear across the country then disolve. The subs launch on both coasts and the russia sweeps in from canada and takes out the middle of the country. All that was left was huge craters and smoke and fire.
With hillary running for presidency, China and russia budding up. Russia taking more of an aggressive stance and chinas attack satilites. I see articles like this and think more and more about this mans visions. Ten years ago I would have said impossible. Now I can see it happen. Keep an eye on Russia, China and Iran. Something is going on and America plays a pivital roll.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

WOW!!!!

I called you on it and you fired back. Nice.

It seems that Russia is not the only country "flexing" its muscles.

Personally, I consider that a VERY dangerous move-think mouse poking bear with stick.

If all this military posturing continues.......an "accident is bound to happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I see a fair bit of ethnic baiting here aimed at the Russians, including by people who ought to know better.

This is an interesting policy shift by the Russians though, who I believe previously had embraced, though not officially, a no-first-use policy.

And yes, it's no doubt a warning to the US and it's European allies - though I do not think it has anything to do with Iran.

It's a much more general statement.

But I think the gist of Russian policy (and possibly Chinese) has shifted.
The US is clearly looking to build a unipolar world - basically a globe-spanning military empire in all but name.

I think there is a subtle signal here that the Russians, at least, will go nuclear if the US pushes them too far.

We would do the same, but we (and I include the UK with the US here) are so utterly convinced of our own unique righteousness that we can't look at it that way.

Too bad, because the species as a whole will pay the price for our nationalistic delusions.

[edit on 1/19/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I think you ment, Israel launched a missile inside it's border and it "landed" inside of Israel land border.

Not to be rude, but have you ever looked at a map?

How the hell is Israel supposed to test an IRBM "within it's borders?"

They fire them into the sea like everyone else.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's all to do with Georgia wanting to join NATO.

The area of South Ossetia wants to become independent and join the Russian Federation.

Remember the incident involving them with an alleged air strike by Russia last year...

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangjia57
'to defend the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Russia and its allies,'

Iran and Russia VS US and Israel.

Who will win?

OR Russia’s response could be to the recent Israeli missile test Warning
Iran?

John Titor predicted that Russia would nuke the USA in or by 2015. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well I agree that the primary instigator for this whole rise in tensions is NATO's Eastward expansion, a policy that can only result in holocaustal war in the long run. It seems it's major purpose is to wave missiles in the Russian's faces.

With the demise of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact, NATO is a pointless organization anyway, and ought to be disbanded.

Or rather, ought to have been disbanded 15 years ago.

[edit on 1/19/08 by xmotex]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
reply to post by eyewitness86

then , you should go to australia or india , and yes its best to leave USA, the sinking Titanic of history ,
'
prepare your lifeboat in case you don't wanna drown

India? Nuclear country that has expressed it will risk a Nuclear War with Pakistan over some worthless unneeded land? A Pakistan, India conflict is far more likely than the US or Russian launching a Nuclear Attack. India's Government seems not so stable and Pakistan is a powder-keg waiting for a fuse.

:On topic-

Why is it every time Russia acts like Russia always has, everyone thinks WW3 is imminent. What nonsense.
Russia is not going to destroy itself for Iran or Syria. We (the US) are not going to attack Iran. Bush haters want us too so they can say see I told ya so.

There is almost no intelligent discussion on these topics on ATS due to the number of Bush Haters spinning every news story to fit their agenda.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join